Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

01-03-2020, 08:23 AM   #23
Emme2
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
And as I stated to you in your other post, it's easy to show your answer is 100% incorrect as the majority of BMWs in the USA no longer have a working connection to the BMW Servers as the ATT 2G Services were discontinued on 12/31/2016 which means every CIC COMBOX combination up to 2014 have had no connection for 36 months and do not show NO SIGNAL on the CID.

It has nothing to do with a GPS Signal or a loss of signal to BMW Servers as is your position in the other thread.

But if you continue to think Encanto and I are incorrect, perhaps you will believe BMW themselves.
Are we really playing this dumb copy and paste game from another post? Well then...

"I'll leave you to beat a dead horse my friend

What you describe is another type of failure. What I described is an interruption. Same error message, different limitations.

Neither of us is wrong, but I also leave it to you to make wrong assumptions and interpretations as well as unnecessary repetitions after this."
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 08:38 AM   #24
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
And as I stated to you in your other post, it's easy to show your answer is 100% incorrect as the majority of BMWs in the USA no longer have a working connection to the BMW Servers as the ATT 2G Services were discontinued on 12/31/2016 which means every CIC COMBOX combination up to 2014 have had no connection for 36 months and do not show NO SIGNAL on the CID.

It has nothing to do with a GPS Signal or a loss of signal to BMW Servers as is your position in the other thread.

But if you continue to think Encanto and I are incorrect, perhaps you will believe BMW themselves.
Are we really playing this dumb copy and paste game from another post? Well then...

"I'll leave you to beat a dead horse my friend

What you describe is another type of failure. What I described is an interruption. Same error message, different limitations.

Neither of us is wrong, but I also leave it to you to make wrong assumptions and interpretations as well as unnecessary repetitions after this."
Yet you are the one who started multiple threads.

BMW states you are incorrect.

Lots of luck finding your spin in BMW Documentation instead of your assumptions.

Again, BMW lists the 3 items causing the condition. Yours is not among them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #25
Minez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X3 M40i

No Signal - GPS issue

I've got a 2015 and this happened for the first time yesterday. My immediate assumption was it was a GPS "loss signal" type of glitch. Thank you for posting the BMW literature. I'm curious though, as the headunit, idrive screen and cable have been replace multiple times by dealerships and it continues to happen. Hence my GPS connect issue assumption. I'm thinking there is a momentary SNAFU between the GPS signal and the headunit and it goes into a No Signal loop and reboots. I run my idrive in "split-screen" which always shows the GPS on the right, were any of you doing the same? Thoughts?

Last edited by Minez; 03-04-2020 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 09:13 AM   #26
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minez View Post
I've got a 2015 and this happened for the first time yesterday. My immediate assumption was it was a GPS "loss signal" type of glitch. Thank you for posting the BMW literature. I'm curious though, as the headunit, idrive screen and cable have been replace multiple times by dealerships and it continues to happen. Hence my GPS connect issue assumption. I'm thinking there is a momentary SNAFU between the GPS signal and the headunit and it goes into a No Signal loop and reboots. I run mine idrive in "split-screen" which always shows the GPS on the right, were any of you doing the same? Thoughts?
Unplug the GPS antena from the OEM HU and you will see that the GPS signal has nothing to do with the “No Signal” error message.
Appreciate 2
Minez4.50
IK6SPEED4486.00
      03-04-2020, 12:14 PM   #27
Minez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X3 M40i

ah, yup, should have tried that. it did not throw the error. LOGIC! lol, thanks Encanto, I was just spitballing anyway.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 10:54 PM   #28
Anthony555
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 / 2015 M4 SSII

Map showing me off the coast of Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLONGMUIR View Post
2016 M3 owner here. I recently purchased the 2018 Navigation update from Bimmer Coders and installed it. Now,my GPS signal recently started displaying my coordinates off the West Coast of Africa (I live in New Mexico).

Customer support said it should update after driving around for a little bit. I've driven approximately 30 minutes already with ti still displaying my Atlantic coordinates. Any known fixes?
So this happened to me when my GPS module was not keying into the satelites. Once I had the correct GPS antenna plugged into the correct port on the GPS module, the satelites were "Fixed" and it put me in the correct place in the map.

These steps will allow you to access your vehicle GPS settings.

1. Press MENU button once to make sure that you are in main menu
2. Push and hold iDrive controller for 10 seconds in Up forward position then release
3. Slowly rotate iDrive controller knob exactly 3 clicks clockwise
4. Slowly rotate iDrive controller knob exactly 3 clicks counterclockwise
5. Rotate iDrive controller 1 click clockwise
6. Rotate iDrive controller 1 click counterclockwise
7. Rotate iDrive controller 1 click clockwise
8. Push iDrive knob down and release it immediately
9. Headunit should stay in main menu, this indicates that steps 1-9 correctly done. If menu
opened you have to repeat steps 1-9.
10. Open My Vehicle menu

You should be able to look at your GPS and see the satelites and all the Lat and Long info.