GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-02-2018, 07:32 PM   #45
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTalent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK__LA View Post
Oh crap
Well that settles it
😂😂😂
What would you recommend for the AWE non res ?
I just got it installed today and lovin' it but eventually I'll want to expand on my douchebaggery and level up the obnoxious.
Only thing you can do from there is add downpipes. The tone changes completely, I highly advise against downpipes with the Non-Resonated system.

Here's a video of both:

Personally I think the AWE Resonated with downpipes is one of the best set ups next to Remus + Active Autowerke Mid Pipe
Yes I guess that's where I'll have to go next, grab the resonated piece and mix it up with a DP.
I once spoke to Justin 2 years ago about dreams of owning an M on IG and here I am , I believe he works with AutoTalent.
I'll PM you guys about possible pricing , I'm sure you guys have it.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 08:00 PM   #46
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK__LA View Post
Yes I guess that's where I'll have to go next, grab the resonated piece and mix it up with a DP.
I once spoke to Justin 2 years ago about dreams of owning an M on IG and here I am , I believe he works with AutoTalent.
I'll PM you guys about possible pricing , I'm sure you guys have it.
LOL dude that's funny. This is Justin handling the main account while Golan is at SEMA.

Shoot me a DM on IG and I'll give you my number if you don't have it already!
Appreciate 1
GGG333603.50
      06-24-2019, 03:17 PM   #47
shellman0911
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mineral Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTXaggie View Post
Thanks bro!

It seems like it happens right about that rpm. However, It doesn’t go away completely when it’s warm though Probably just need to go inspect the install again to make sure things are fitting the way it is supposed to.
I just had my AA mid plus Remus installed Friday and have the exact same boom or vibration at 2k rpm. Did you ever figure out the cause?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 05:56 PM   #48
D675PDX
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 | 2018 Aprilia Tuono

Does anybody have experience with how loud the AA + Remus setup is compared to the catback AA Signature exhaust? I got the AA Signature installed and it was quieter than I was expecting. I’m now considering switching to AA + Remus if its a bit louder. Has anybody heard both setups in person?
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2019, 12:14 AM   #49
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D675PDX View Post
Does anybody have experience with how loud the AA + Remus setup is compared to the catback AA Signature exhaust? I got the AA Signature installed and it was quieter than I was expecting. I’m now considering switching to AA + Remus if its a bit louder. Has anybody heard both setups in person?
The Signature Race or the Valveless?

The Race version with valves is louder than Remus with AA but the valveless (3 muffler) version is quieter for sure
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 10:25 AM   #50
D675PDX
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 | 2018 Aprilia Tuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
The Signature Race or the Valveless?

The Race version with valves is louder than Remus with AA but the valveless (3 muffler) version is quieter for sure
Interesting. I have the one with valves but with valves open it sounds quieter than stock...at least from inside the cabin with windows down.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 01:50 PM   #51
ss-f82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82/M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTXaggie View Post
Just got my new Remus + AA midpipe installed yesterday.

Holy crap. It completely transforms the exhaust. The rasp is elimated due to the midpipe and with the Remus axleback delivers such an intoxicating tone. I also have it paired up with a Macht Schnell Valve controller, which keeps the valves open 100% of the time. My biggest regret is not doing it as soon as I got the car.

If anyone is looking for a new exhaust, I would highly recommend this setup.
Go with Mike @ extreme powerhouse. He hooked it up with a great deal and prompt customer service.

Will post pics and vids soon!
do you have to cut the aa midpipe to fit the remus axle muffler? did it fit perfectly?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 01:58 PM   #52
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by klim1991 View Post
do you have to cut the aa midpipe to fit the remus axle muffler? did it fit perfectly?
with a brand new Remus exhaust; comes a set of adapters to allow connection without cutting.
Appreciate 1
AND1_M369.00
      06-08-2020, 11:04 AM   #53
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
with a brand new Remus exhaust; comes a set of adapters to allow connection without cutting.
+1

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
PayamFSU209.00
      06-08-2022, 07:41 AM   #54
jaddie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellman0911 View Post
I just had my AA mid plus Remus installed Friday and have the exact same boom or vibration at 2k rpm. Did you ever figure out the cause?
Did anyone ever figure this out? As I am trying to sort this on my car with catless DP, AA EL midpipe RES & Remus Backbox. It makes this horrible vibration like noise between 2 & 3k which ruins the point of the exhaust for me really. Its driving me nuts! Hopefully someone figured it out?

Current: F82 M4 Comp '19
Previous: F36 440i M Sport '18
Previous: F32 430d xDrive M Sport '15
Previous: F30 320d M Sport '14 & E81 118d M Sport '09
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 10:48 AM   #55
Gunzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellman0911 View Post
Did anyone ever figure this out? As I am trying to sort this on my car with catless DP, AA EL midpipe RES & Remus Backbox. It makes this horrible vibration like noise between 2 & 3k which ruins the point of the exhaust for me really. Its driving me nuts! Hopefully someone figured it out?
Do you have exhaust flaps on OEM control or straight open? Straight open is far too loud 2-3k with AA EL.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 11:12 AM   #56
Shubacca
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E36/7 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddie View Post
Have you inspected the exhaust? The clearance is pretty tight in some spots. I needed to adjust the pipes where the single mid pipe splits to make sure there was adequate clearance between the pipes and some of the shielding. Also depending on the angle of your joining brackets/bands the bolt threads can bounce off the heat shielding. You can bend it out of the way too. I try to make sure there's at least 1/2" of space.
Appreciate 0