Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-07-2019, 08:08 AM   #177
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colomba View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by satinghostrider View Post
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1329316

Bass flat
Treble +1
100 +7
200 -6
500 -4
1k +5
2k -4
5k +2
10k -1

Tried it and it is not too bad. Though I had to crank the bass up by 2 as I felt it was lacking. I am mostly EDM and Trance. A noticeable difference.
Though I would love for someone to post their own settings based on my music genre listening...Predominantly listening on Spotify which are downloaded in max quality to my phone streamed over Bluetooth.
Hi,

Is this for 2018 cars?
I'm currently using it for my car and it's a discernable difference. I just hope more can post their settings to try.

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 09:07 AM   #178
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: '18 GT3, Ex F80x2

Took me a while but here are the settings for my 2018 HK system. I listen mostly to rock and think the bass/midrange settings are pretty solid. Treble on this might seem a bit high for some but I think my sensitivity for treble is a bit low due to years of competition stereo systems... V=IR bitches!

Ideally logic 7 or "surround" should be off so you get better Left - Right sound staging, but the stock speakers in this car are middle of the road and slightly under powered so it just sounds better to me with it turned on...it needs that +3 dB with that extra center speaker on...I'm more into the dynamics of the car than radios at this point in my life but I will say the 2018 iteration of the HK stereo is leaps and bounds better than the 2015 HK stereo, so I'm pretty happy with it (years of me swapping out monitors and adding amps are done!).This is tuned by my ear, and while driving the car (MPE so my interior is noisy, ASD programmed off)...If you're sitting there with the engine off this will sound a bit flat/odd, but this is what sounds good to my ear while actually driving. Again, you may just need to turn the treble down if you are young, or took care of your ears...Hopefully this helps someone out!

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 02:42 PM   #179
thump604
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating:

The reason you all are getting poor sound is that you are playing from a poor source. Bluetooth just doesn't have the bandwidth to pass good quality music files. MP3s at 320 kbps or FLAC files is what you want. If you are playing MP3 at 128 kbps, or even 192 or 256, then yeah, you are going to get poor sound. It's far too compressed. And the Bluetooth transfer protocol is compressing it even further.

Go get FLAC files, or if those aren't available, at least 320 KBPS MP3s (still compressed too much IMO), and transfer them to the hard drive on the M, and then play them from there. You'll find out you don't need to do fancy tricks with the EQ to get them to sound decent.

next step after that, of course, if upgrading the speakers (Bavsound Stage 1 is highly recommended) and then, if you need more bass, get one of the musciarnw.com add-a-subs.

But first, at least get a decent quality sound source. Not Bluetooth transfer
When you import FLAC doesn't the import convert it into a poor format? I forget the exact output format, but my point of reference is E92. I'm not certain what an F82 system does on import.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #180
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump604 View Post
When you import FLAC doesn't the import convert it into a poor format? I forget the exact output format, but my point of reference is E92. I'm not certain what an F82 system does on import.
I believe it keeps tham as FLAC, but I'm not sure. I just use MP3s at 320 kbps for all the media in my car.

Much better than bluetooth.
      06-07-2020, 07:02 PM   #181
thump604
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
I believe it keeps tham as FLAC, but I'm not sure. I just use MP3s at 320 kbps for all the media in my car.

Much better than bluetooth.
Awesome, I'm doing a ton of importing now.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 10:13 AM   #182
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

A question I can’t seem to find the answer to:

I see bavsound advertises their subs as plug and play, however, earlier in the thread it was stated do not use less than 7.2 ohm subs as this will add strain to the factory HK amp. What gives? Are they applicable to my f82 with factory HK?
Appreciate 0