proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-10-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
Ejquin
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Car Play and BMW Nav

Question for those of you with Car Play before I commit the money to get it - I’d want car play primarily to use for music and messages. I would still want to use the BMW navigation since I’d like to maintain turn by turn in the HUD.

Is it simple to use car play for music / messages while using the native BMW nav app? Can you use both at the same time?

Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 11:18 PM   #2
Cboy
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 AW F87 ZCP

Yes it’s easy. There is “send to BMW Navi” from Apple Maps. Then hit media Button to go back to music CarPlay
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 05:11 PM   #3
Poupon McArr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejquin View Post
Question for those of you with Car Play before I commit the money to get it - I’d want car play primarily to use for music and messages. I would still want to use the BMW navigation since I’d like to maintain turn by turn in the HUD.

Is it simple to use car play for music / messages while using the native BMW nav app? Can you use both at the same time?

Thanks for your help

Hmm.. I find myself using waze through CarPlay to watch for cops and not missing the HUD navi, but you should be able to use both. I'll try this on my next drive.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 05:19 PM   #4
dcpatters
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poupon McArr View Post
Hmm.. I find myself using waze through CarPlay to watch for cops and not missing the HUD navi, but you should be able to use both. I'll try this on my next drive.
This is what I do as well, Waze exclusively.
Appreciate 0