BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

09-16-2022, 03:14 AM   #23
MrVDTY
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlnyc88 View Post
Hey! I have a few photos on my IG @alpinewhite.m4

Check out @nightfallm4 page as well. He was my inspiration for getting it. His build is insane.

Thoughts about the hood: Personally I love the hood. It's definitely not for everybody but to me it was unique. 90% of builds has a GTS hood and foleds these days and I wanted to stand out.

The CF is decent quality and the fitment was good. I say it's decent cause only the top is CF and the bottom is just black glossy material, although u can get a double sided hood if you pay extra for it.

Also for some reason they block off the functional vent. I had my shop remove the part blocking the vent. I have pictures of that in my pc
So that vent is now open on yours? Did you put a grill or is it just exposed? If it's exposed, wouldn't water get in if it rains? Wouldn't that be bad for the engine bay? I ordered the full CF version, can't wait for it to arrive. I was thinking of wrapping my car to make the carbon fiber pop. The car is mineral metalic gray, I was thinking stealth PPF on top to give it a satin look or I can just get it wrapped satin dark gray, not sure which way to go, any thoughts? The car is currently stock with no CF, I'm getting the lip, front diffuser, rear spoiler and side skirts as well as the hood. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 12:49 PM   #24
Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp, 2017 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVDTY View Post
So that vent is now open on yours? Did you put a grill or is it just exposed? If it's exposed, wouldn't water get in if it rains? Wouldn't that be bad for the engine bay? I ordered the full CF version, can't wait for it to arrive. I was thinking of wrapping my car to make the carbon fiber pop. The car is mineral metalic gray, I was thinking stealth PPF on top to give it a satin look or I can just get it wrapped satin dark gray, not sure which way to go, any thoughts? The car is currently stock with no CF, I'm getting the lip, front diffuser, rear spoiler and side skirts as well as the hood. Any advice on how appreciated. Thanks
Yes it's open but it's not any worse than the GTS hood. Your intakes get a little wet but zero issues. I covered it with a honeycomb style mesh grille for the bigger objects but it remains exposed.

Personally I'm not a fan of full CF hood. I had mine painted and left the CF area around the glass exposed.
Appreciate 0