BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-22-2023, 06:08 AM   #1
stu_c
Rep
Drives: Nissan

MMI box or Android Screen

Hi All
I have a BMW F82 M4 Comp and I have recently fitted the MMI box and seems okay, I am wondering whether I mad the right decision or whether I should have gone for the Android screen now, my car has the wider screen and standard?

What are peoples views on on the two?
I know this is probably a debate on which is better but wondered on the advantages of each?

I am guessing the Android screen is basically a standalone unit and for maps etc to work maybe have to tether to your actual mobile, but I am also guessing you cant use it as an android auto screen?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 03:14 PM   #2
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
They both do the same thing, keeping as OEM as possible is always best for functionality.

MMI box you get all the options just no touch screen.

android head unit you will get a touch screen but POSSIBLY degraded audio or issues because its an overlay. They are essentially the same thing one just has a functional screen to use.
Appreciate 0