Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-17-2021, 05:49 PM   #7459
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by irunalot View Post
Quote:
I got it.

Papers are being passed to me now.

Literally just now, GSM called me.
So you got the GT4?
Yup.

I'm going to ask my CA how many they ended up getting for this quarter but I'm going to guess my ballpark estimate of 1-2 is pretty much on point.
Congratulations!

Yeah it's 1-2 per dealer with at least 10 on the list.

Going to have to go ADM.
Appreciate 1
Arcades8174.00
      05-17-2021, 06:30 PM   #7460
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I got it.

Papers are being passed to me now.

Literally just now, GSM called me.
So you got the GT4?
Yup.

I'm going to ask my CA how many they ended up getting for this quarter but I'm going to guess my ballpark estimate of 1-2 is pretty much on point.
Congrats dude! Swallowing the ADM pill too? (Don't feel like you have to share, judgement free zone on my end, especially with the current GT market)
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 3
irunalot1518.00
Arcades8174.00
minn1914037.50
      05-17-2021, 06:35 PM   #7461
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Congrats dude! Swallowing the ADM pill too? (Don't feel like you have to share, judgement free zone on my end, especially with the current GT market)
Thanks & Yeah... I had to.

There was no way around it if I wanted to secure it. Some are paying north of 15k ADM. Due to my familiarity with the dealership I had some... er perks. So swallowed it and said okay yesterday when the GSM told me straight up the situation.

I don't like it, he knows I'm not fond of it either but I know the economics.
irunalot1518.00
Thescout134947.00
minn1914037.50
      05-17-2021, 07:01 PM   #7462
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Nothing you can do, plus it's the last model year for the 718.
Appreciate 1
Arcades8174.00
      05-17-2021, 07:03 PM   #7463
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
The funny thing is Porsche has no problem building a ton of Taycans that are collecting dust at the dealers but refuses to build cars people actually want.

There is no inventory even for a base or S Carrera - which is just ridiculous!

If they do discontinue the GT4 after 2022 - they better put the 4.0 motor in the 911 model T or GTS would be awesome.

Still holding out slim hope for GT3 allocation.....
Appreciate 3
irunalot1518.00
Arcades8174.00
minn1914037.50
      05-17-2021, 07:23 PM   #7464
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
The funny thing is Porsche has no problem building a ton of Taycans that are collecting dust at the dealers but refuses to build cars people actually want.

If they do discontinue the GT4 after 2022 - they better put the 4.0 motor in the 911 model T or GTS would be awesome.

I'm holding out but it's grim out there. I have one at 20 ADM and need to decide. Part of me says NP if you buy a different car you will spend that on mods. My brain screams hell no. Decisions decisions…

If all of a sudden we have a fiscal "event" that may change. Although there is no fun in watching others suffer for me to get a GT3. Nothing else can correct this market, maybe supply but that won't change. The C2s are totally sold out and waiting on more allocations. Never seen anything like this before.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 07:24 PM   #7465
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

There was no way around it if I wanted to secure it. Some are paying north of 15k ADM. Due to my familiarity with the dealership I had some... er perks. So swallowed it and said okay yesterday when the GSM told me straight up the situation.

Do you know your estimated delivery date?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 07:40 PM   #7466
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

For EU, it would definitely be because of some stupid regulations I don't know. US I am not sure as our market for these cars are higher.

Remember, the GT4 RS was supposed to be released soon too but with all the crap happening I think that is going to be delayed but the car will be very limited production run or extended a year to cover more allocation.

But as always, Porsche doesn't say anything for their GT cars so we are all in the dark. It is nothing but an educated guess.

Quote:
Do you know your estimated delivery date?
Yesterday phone call, I was told end of September roughly. I would know for certain when paperwork and stuff is done.

GSM also said they are expecting 1 GT4 allocation lol. Yes, 1.

Last edited by Arcades; 05-17-2021 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25116.50
minn1914037.50
      05-17-2021, 07:57 PM   #7467
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Compared to 2021 that is a huge change in allocations.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      05-17-2021, 08:12 PM   #7468
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:

So true! There are a million Taycan's just sitting on lots while we're rabid for petrol models.

Quote:
Quote:

Bro, I'm mega happy for you. My eyes literally welled up reading the posts over the last page or so; going from disappointment to jubilation. It's like we're all here triumphing together ever since this essentially became a Porsche owners build thread. Congrats bro!!!
Appreciate 6
irunalot1518.00
Arcades8174.00
minn1914037.50
Thescout134947.00
GERMAN M34182.00
      05-17-2021, 08:22 PM   #7469
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
So true! There are a million Taycan's just sitting on lots while we're rabid for petrol models.

Bro, I'm mega happy for you. My eyes literally welled up reading the posts over the last page or so; going from disappointment to jubilation. It's like we're all here triumphing together ever since this essentially became a Porsche owners build thread. Congrats bro!!!
Thank

It is disappointing no doubt about the ADM. I tried all I could to see if I can get around it as originally agreed but due to all the talk I seen online as well as the well known supply chain problems, then on top of the fact that GT cars were already "low" production, I was not surprised one bit when it did end up happening (ADM wise).

So it was a decision about, either I roll the dice, hope in a few months it eases up, which all sign points to no or swallow it and say yes, grab one at the first sign of it being available. I went with the latter even though it puts a bit of a damper on getting the car in this way.

I'm glad that the regular 911 models aren't being hit AS hard but it does seem like they are having some restrictions too.
Sedan_Clan25116.50
minn1914037.50
irunalot1518.00
      05-17-2021, 08:28 PM   #7470
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thank

It is disappointing no doubt about the ADM. I tried all I could to see if I can get around it as originally agreed but due to all the talk I seen online as well as the well known supply chain problems, then on top of the fact that GT cars were already "low" production, I was not surprised one bit when it did end up happening (ADM wise).

So it was a decision about, either I roll the dice, hope in a few months it eases up, which all sign points to no or swallow it and say yes, grab one at the first sign of it being available. I went with the latter even though it puts a bit of a damper on getting the car in this way.

I'm glad that the regular 911 models aren't being hit AS hard but it does seem like they are having some restrictions too.
It's bad for us too. I was told by at least twenty dealers, "If you've got an allocation with even ten cents off MSRP, take it and run. We might be willing to sell at MSRP, but basically everything will have a mark-up, even used 911's." At that point I even stopped pressuring my dealership to bump my discount up to 3% from 2.5%. They are honestly doing me a favor in this hellish market. I don't want to wear out my welcome, ya know?!! Having that mutual friend really has been a lifesaver.
Appreciate 3
Arcades8174.00
irunalot1518.00
mahalom3163.00
      05-17-2021, 08:35 PM   #7471
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's bad for us too. I was told by at least twenty dealers, "If you've got an allocation with even ten cents off MSRP, take it and run. We might be willing to sell at MSRP, but basically everything will have a mark-up, even used 911's." At that point I even stopped pressuring my dealership to bump my discount up to 3% from 2.5%. They are honestly doing me a favor in this hellish market. I don't want to wear out my welcome, ya know?!! Having that mutual friend really has been a lifesaver.
Yup.

Getting under MSRP is going to be near impossible at the moment on any GT cars let alone most 911/718. With the supply issues, no Porsche GM will allow it as they are losing $$ doing it.

Some Rennlist members are saying they managed to get it at MSRP for 2022 but from what I can tell, all of them are outside of SoCal or shopped out of state to make it happen. SoCal market is difficult to make that happen as our area is almost a sole market in itself. I don't have the habit of dealing with random dealers I am not familiar with, it's not what I tend to do and it isn't something I am comfortable with. I much rather deal with familiarity just in case something happens so I have some protections.
Sedan_Clan25116.50
irunalot1518.00
      05-17-2021, 08:38 PM   #7472
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yup.

Getting under MSRP is going to be near impossible at the moment on any GT cars let alone most 911/718. With the supply issues, no Porsche GM will allow it as they are losing $$ doing it.

Some Rennlist members are saying they managed to get it at MSRP for 2022 but from what I can tell, all of them are outside of SoCal or shopped out of state to make it happen. SoCal market is difficult to make that happen as our area is almost a sole market in itself. I don't have the habit of dealing with random dealers I am not familiar with, it's not what I tend to do and it isn't something I am comfortable with. I much rather deal with familiarity just in case something happens so I have some protections.
Agreed! I've dealt with the same BMW-salesman-turned-friend since 2001, and now I'll deal with my Porsche dealership for as long as I'm buying Porsches. Forged relationships matter to me.
Appreciate 3
Arcades8174.00
irunalot1518.00
Thescout134947.00
      05-17-2021, 08:49 PM   #7473
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Agreed! I've dealt with the same BMW-salesman-turned-friend since 2001, and now I'll deal with my Porsche dealership for as long as I'm buying Porsches. Forged relationships matter to me.
Although in a greater perspective, considering there are markups on freaken Vans now, think it's fine. People are paying for those mark ups on vans too, which is even crazier to me.

I am just whining about the ADM
Sedan_Clan25116.50
irunalot1518.00
      05-17-2021, 09:04 PM   #7474
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yup.

I count my lucky stars I got my C2S allocation at MSRP for ED and if ED is cancelled at $2k off in writing after reading threads like this and the one on RL.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan25116.50
Arcades8174.00
irunalot1518.00
GrussGott18183.50
      05-17-2021, 09:16 PM   #7475
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Given that most of us are in SoCal, Christmas meet up at Angeles Crest or Poway this year after all of our cars arrive?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      05-17-2021, 09:17 PM   #7476
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I count my lucky stars I got my C2S allocation at MSRP for ED and if ED is cancelled at $2k off in writing after reading threads like this and the one on RL.
Yup.

Me waiting for 6 months, basically cost me ADM.
Thescout134947.00
Sedan_Clan25116.50
irunalot1518.00
      05-17-2021, 09:17 PM   #7477
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
What's the scoop on ED being cancelled...is that a temporary for Covid or a possible permanent with Porsche?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 09:18 PM   #7478
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8SEVEN View Post
Quote:
What's the scoop on ED being cancelled...is that a temporary for Covid or a possible permanent with Porsche?
Temporary only for COVID. From my SA forwarded from ED department:

"NOTE: A final decision will be made in July whether or not to continue European Delivery for the remainder of 2021. As of now, it is not available until after August factory closure."
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25116.50
GrussGott18183.50
      05-17-2021, 09:19 PM   #7479
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Temporary only for COVID. From my SA forwarded from ED department:

"NOTE: A final decision will be made in July whether or not to continue European Delivery for the remainder of 2021. As of now, it is not available until after August factory closure."
Phew...I had a mini heart attack! Keep us up to date on this!
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25116.50
Thescout134947.00
      05-17-2021, 09:20 PM   #7480
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Given that most of us are in SoCal, Christmas meet up at Angeles Crest or Poway this year after all of our cars arrive?
I'm in!!! In fact, I just went ahead and set two dates now: 12/19/21 or 12/26/21?!
Appreciate 1
Thescout134947.00