GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

08-28-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
togepi
Private
Rep
Drives: Yes

Best way to go about lease for my situation

I want to remain as liquid as possible as I'm purchasing a house within the next year. I was originally going to buy a CPO E92, but I figured I might as well have it all with the F80 and also not have cash tied down in a car. However, I want to lose as small $$ as possible over the life of the loan. I'm still undecided on whether or not I'd keep the car after 3 years, but I usually keep my cars for a long time.

With all this being considered, how much should I be putting down for MSDs? As little as possible? As much as possible? If a number is needed, let's assume the car will be 65.5k pre-tax and 71k after tax.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 03:06 PM   #2
Space gray
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX 50

Garage List
2022 BMW iX50  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
There's competing factors at play here. You want to be most liquid possible so that would be no MSD, however, you want to qualify for the best home loan you can get which maybe considers your recurring obligations,which could be (somewhat) reduced by MSD's.
Of course if you have a high income but relatively low cash reserves then don't do MSD which I'm guesstimating at $7,000.
You'd be buying a home close to a market top, I think, looking at my cloudy crystal ball. Best of luck to you.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 03:21 PM   #3
togepi
Private
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space gray View Post
There's competing factors at play here. You want to be most liquid possible so that would be no MSD, however, you want to qualify for the best home loan you can get which maybe considers your recurring obligations,which could be (somewhat) reduced by MSD's.
Of course if you have a high income but relatively low cash reserves then don't do MSD which I'm guesstimating at $7,000.
You'd be buying a home close to a market top, I think, looking at my cloudy crystal ball. Best of luck to you.
Okay $7000 isn't that bad, I think I will do that, thanks.

I'd be buying outside of san francisco (peninsula/south bay), but I agree it's pretty dang expensive right now. But with inventory so low, we would really need some sort of tech collapse that's unlikely to happen for the market to really crash wouldn't you say?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 07:50 PM   #4
Space gray
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX 50

Garage List
2022 BMW iX50  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'm in the real estate industry so I like high prices
Getting home buying advice from a car forum is exactly what I recommend for everyone. Good luck.
My advice is if you're going to live in it for a while and can comfortably afford it, don't worry about the market.
Appreciate 0