R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-27-2019, 01:09 PM   #1
RaceCond1tion
Registered
Rep
Drives: BWM M4

M4 rear parcel shelf - disassembly DIY?

I looked around with search but didn't find much on this topic. Is there a DIY anywhere that shows how to remove the rear parcel shelf cover?

I have a JL sub in my trunk and when it hits certain frequencies there is a rattle in the rear shelf that is annoying AF . I have already sound-skinned the bottom of the shelf which improved this by 80% or so, but there are still a few frequencies that drive me crazy. I tried to get into the rear shelf but I couldn't remove the parcel cover. I was able to get to it partway but then it looked like it was still held in place by the C-pillar shrouds which I wasn't clear how to remove. I didn't want to just yank on them and break something so I figured I would ask here in case someone has experience with doing this?

Any help much appreciated on this!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 09:50 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCond1tion View Post
I looked around with search but didn't find much on this topic. Is there a DIY anywhere that shows how to remove the rear parcel shelf cover?

I have a JL sub in my trunk and when it hits certain frequencies there is a rattle in the rear shelf that is annoying AF . I have already sound-skinned the bottom of the shelf which improved this by 80% or so, but there are still a few frequencies that drive me crazy. I tried to get into the rear shelf but I couldn't remove the parcel cover. I was able to get to it partway but then it looked like it was still held in place by the C-pillar shrouds which I wasn't clear how to remove. I didn't want to just yank on them and break something so I figured I would ask here in case someone has experience with doing this?

Any help much appreciated on this!
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ind/1VnXYKE3If
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2019, 11:45 PM   #3
RaceCond1tion
Registered
Rep
Drives: BWM M4

Oh, perfect, that is super helpful - thank you!!
Appreciate 0