Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

06-22-2019, 07:48 AM   #23
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
Do you think that’s why so many boys are named “Dick”?
Perhaps, been nearly a year
Appreciate 2
2000cs798.50
ItsGary1204.00

06-22-2019, 07:50 AM   #24
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
"She received a PhD in higher education leadership from Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee after handing in her final dissertation on "Black names in white classrooms: Teacher behaviors and student perceptions".

Good for her I guess, but that sounds like some worthless ass degree. About the only thing it's likely good for is indoctrinating young minds into some mindless left wing insanity. Sort of like making people think "Marijuana Pepsi" is a black name, or a name for any other race for that matter.

The fact she's apparently calling herself a Doctor now is pretty ridiculous, that's about as low down the pole as you can go. When people think of a "Doctor" they think of a highly established professional in a white coat who helps people, not some bullshit like this. You could say I have a PhD in law, but I don't go around calling myself a Doctor (not only is it retarded, but I admit I went to law school because I wasn't smart enough for medical school lol).

For her own sake I hope she didn't go $50k+ in the hole for it, but judging by what I've read I wouldn't be surprised.
You don't call yourself doctor because no one calls lawyers doctors, despite the JD. Although I know plenty of lawyers who put JD after their initial.

This lady however has a PhD, and many of them are referred to as doctors.
Ummmm. It's more like Fockters aka Fake Doctors
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '16 M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 04:49 PM   #25
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
"She received a PhD in higher education leadership from Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee after handing in her final dissertation on “Black names in white classrooms: Teacher behaviors and student perceptions".

Good for her I guess, but that sounds like some worthless ass degree. About the only thing it's likely good for is indoctrinating young minds into some mindless left wing insanity. Sort of like making people think "Marijuana Pepsi" is a black name, or a name for any other race for that matter.

The fact she's apparently calling herself a Doctor now is pretty ridiculous, that's about as low down the pole as you can go. When people think of a "Doctor" they think of a highly established professional in a white coat who helps people, not some bullshit like this. You could say I have a PhD in law, but I don't go around calling myself a Doctor (not only is it retarded, but I admit I went to law school because I wasn't smart enough for medical school lol).

For her own sake I hope she didn't go $50k+ in the hole for it, but judging by what I've read I wouldn't be surprised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
You might be onto something Dr. NickyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
You don't call yourself doctor because no one calls lawyers doctors, despite the JD. Although I know plenty of lawyers who put JD after their initial.

This lady however has a PhD, and many of them are referred to as doctors, out at least professor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Ummmm. It's more like Fockters aka Fake Doctors
It's actually the opposite. The term is a latin word which meant, "to teach" and was used to refer to teaches and professors for a terminal degree. It goes back to the 13th century in Europe or so if I remember correctly. It wasn't used to refer to physicians until the last couple of hundred years or even more recently.

Cheers-mk

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 2
ItsGary1204.00
Run Silent9602.00

06-25-2019, 08:42 AM   #26
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Great song! And the focus of this article, I can relate to having a strange name.

Cosmo?

Appreciate 3