Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

06-26-2018, 08:30 AM   #67
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
That's a great point - where Trump has innovated is that he lies on EVERY topic rather than just a few, and at orders of magnitude greater than any than has come before him.

It's like saying that lebron plays basketball but basketball is nothing new

so hes not the best at it? whos the Jordan and Kobe of lying?

CNN is good for getting some perspectives on things that are happening, much like fox is and every other cable "news" channel. They are an ENTERTAINMENT company disguised as a news company. You need to listen/read the story, and learn how to separate the comments from it.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 08:39 AM   #68
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
That's a great point - where Trump has innovated is that he lies on EVERY topic rather than just a few, and at orders of magnitude greater than any than has come before him.

It's like saying that lebron plays basketball but basketball is nothing new

so hes not the best at it? whos the Jordan and Kobe of lying?

CNN is good for getting some perspectives on things that are happening, much like fox is and every other cable "news" channel. They are an ENTERTAINMENT company disguised as a news company. You need to listen/read the story, and learn how to separate the comments from it.
You got that completely wrong.
It's (CNN) a far superior source of news compared to fox or msnbc, or any of the other left or right biased news sources.

06-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #69
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
You got that completely wrong.
It's (CNN) a far superior source of news compared to fox or msnbc, or any of the other left or right biased news sources.
its still an entertainment company and channel.

I agree, they tend to cover a wider range of items online.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 01:19 PM   #70
Germanauto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus

CNN used to be left-leaning but not crazy. I'd still watch them.

But over the past election cycle they truly lost all credibility. They are fake news at its finest. I don't watch Fox for the same reason, although they have always been shills for the right.

Basically I don't even know where to get my news from anymore so I've basically tuned out of it altogether. CNBC and WSJ are the extent to which I go because overall they are still pretty OK.
Appreciate 4
Zugzwang922.00
MKSixer12856.50
arkie6290.00
Poiseuille2377.50

06-26-2018, 09:21 PM   #71
Mr Carrots
Major
Rep
Drives: Blown 5.0 and an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
CNN used to be left-leaning but not crazy. I'd still watch them.

But over the past election cycle they truly lost all credibility. They are fake news at its finest. I don't watch Fox for the same reason, although they have always been shills for the right.

Basically I don't even know where to get my news from anymore so I've basically tuned out of it altogether. CNBC and WSJ are the extent to which I go because overall they are still pretty OK.
Fox is mostly trash but Tucker is the real deal.

I'm sure he will be outed when the younger Murdochs progressive/neocuck takeover of the station is complete
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 11:57 PM   #72
c63er
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Cnn absolutely has very little credibility, but not for the reasons these nonsensical people are talking about here.

They classically change their leanings based on where the political winds blow. They were very democratic biased during the Clinton years and very republican leaning during bush years. Back to heavy liberal leaning during Obama years.

That reflects an organization that does not have any ethos. That is not to say any of the pure left leaning or pure right leaning broadcasters are any better. For all of them their ethos should be journalism not support of a party. They are all shills. But I digress.

Cnn simply follows the winds. However after this election they have completely bucked their usual m.o.

Why?

Well trump in his usual style took something that most know wasgoing to happen (cnn was going to change coverage to his direction after the election) and made a hostile black or white stand against them. He uses this very simplistic social science tactic constantly because it gives the illusion of "victory" to the uneducated. For example, if I make a demand on a podium that the postman better deliver my mail tomorrow or there will be consequences to my audience. And then my mail arrives, it looks like the us postal service cowered to my demands. Of course most knowledgeable people can think for themselves and realize the mail was coming no matter what demands I made. But to the stupid it looks like I accomplished something.

This was his plan to quickly create the impression the "media" had heeled to him. He has done this very simple trick on most current events over this last year that many see him as a "hero". But it's a simple trick once you know it, you cannot miss it.

But this backfired spectacularly. This is because CNN quickly discovered good ratings by making news of their "backbone" in standing up to him and standing up for "what's right". Etc...

Cnn is good for getting good coverage of breaking events, but like almost all "mass media" right now, it's a terrible place to learn anything of real substance. Unfortunately for most, cnn, fox, MSNBC and the rest are as far as their intellect and caveman like understanding of the world can take them so they do fill a needed void in the public space. They are all equally bad just to be clear, just in very different ways. As bad as they are they generally benign as their opinion segments are not respected where as fox can and often is very malign for our society. But that's what the stupid want these days. Entertainment.
      06-27-2018, 08:00 AM   #73
Schwarzschild Radius
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by c63er View Post
Cnn absolutely has very little credibility, but not for the reasons these nonsensical people are talking about here.

They classically change their leanings based on where the political winds blow. They were very democratic biased during the Clinton years and very republican leaning during bush years. Back to heavy liberal leaning during Obama years.

That reflects an organization that does not have any ethos. That is not to say any of the pure left leaning or pure right leaning broadcasters are any better. For all of them their ethos should be journalism not support of a party. They are all shills. But I digress.

Cnn simply follows the winds. However after this election they have completely bucked their usual m.o.

Why?

Well trump in his usual style took something that most know wasgoing to happen (cnn was going to change coverage to his direction after the election) and made a hostile black or white stand against them. He uses this very simplistic social science tactic constantly because it gives the illusion of "victory" to the uneducated. For example, if I make a demand on a podium that the postman better deliver my mail tomorrow or there will be consequences to my audience. And then my mail arrives, it looks like the us postal service cowered to my demands. Of course most knowledgeable people can think for themselves and realize the mail was coming no matter what demands I made. But to the stupid it looks like I accomplished something.

This was his plan to quickly create the impression the "media" had heeled to him. He has done this very simple trick on most current events over this last year that many see him as a "hero". But it's a simple trick once you know it, you cannot miss it.

But this backfired spectacularly. This is because CNN quickly discovered good ratings by making news of their "backbone" in standing up to him and standing up for "what's right". Etc...

Cnn is good for getting good coverage of breaking events, but like almost all "mass media" right now, it's a terrible place to learn anything of real substance. Unfortunately for most, cnn, fox, MSNBC and the rest are as far as their intellect and caveman like understanding of the world can take them so they do fill a needed void in the public space. They are all equally bad just to be clear, just in very different ways. As bad as they are they generally benign as their opinion segments are not respected where as fox can and often is very malign for our society. But that's what the stupid want these days. Entertainment.
Completely wrong
CNN is more balanced than the other two stations you mentioned.
      06-27-2018, 08:21 AM   #74
c63er
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by c63er View Post

Why?

Completely wrong
CNN is more balanced than the other two stations you mentioned.
A few years ago I personally tasted the imbalance when I and others in my field were interviewed on an important topic of the day. We gave our interviews to the very nice personality / staff. That night our interviews were butchered (they call it edited) in such a way that made it look like we said something almost the opposite of what we said.

I know that is the nature of the business but I would disagree about them being balanced. They can appear to be more middle of the road since they will take sides from different parts of the political spectrum, again because they go where the winds blow. But you should be able to differentiate conformity with balance

06-27-2018, 11:57 AM   #75
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Some jealous Faux Noise viewers in this thread who cant stand that most of America doesn't believe their Fake News!
Until now no one has had the heart to tell Carrots and Dodger that while they're in Bimmerpost manning the ramparts CNN's audience drops 5%.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #76
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
Until now no one has had the heart to tell Carrots and Dodger that while they're in Bimmerpost manning the ramparts CNN's audience drops 5%.
You're missing Carrots' sarcasm if you think he's a CNN fan.

Appreciate 1
      06-27-2018, 12:05 PM   #77
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
CNN has held no credibility for me since Bush-Gore and they've only become worse over time with the nadir being the Trump-Clinton election.
for me it goes back to election night '94 watching Wolf & Bernie in tears, literally in tears, as they began to realize that Newt was going to be Speaker of the House
Appreciate 1
MKSixer12856.50

06-27-2018, 12:15 PM   #78
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Quote:
You're missing Carrots' sarcasm if you think he's a CNN fan.

exactly what part of the post I referenced alerted you to the presence of sarcastic wit?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 01:12 PM   #79
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
exactly what part of the post I referenced alerted you to the presence of sarcastic wit?
None. Why?

I'm just familiar enough with Carrots' posts that I know he's not actually a fan of CNN and was attempting to help you out.

Sorry.

Appreciate 1
lakefront161.50

06-27-2018, 07:37 PM   #80
irishbimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Tucker is the real deal? OMG
Very bad taste.
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2018, 06:46 PM   #81
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

They just can't help themselves.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/39...mpression=true

WE Are FOSCNN
      07-17-2018, 07:52 PM   #82
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Is this all about fake news ?
      07-17-2018, 07:53 PM   #83
Schwarzschild Radius
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
They just can't help themselves.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/39...mpression=true

WE Are FOSCNN
#fakenews = truth

And deep down, you know it's true.
      07-31-2018, 09:58 AM   #84
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

CNN continues to free fall.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/fox-new...gs-1202421284/

Ouch.
      07-31-2018, 10:02 AM   #85
Schwarzschild Radius
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
^I watched CNN last night. Anderson Cooper had 4 panelists on. 2 for Trump, 2 not. Very fair. Ingraham is doing well? So she has learned to accept Trumps lies, because it pays? What about the other stations you get your news from? The ones you won't divulge, where you get links to Mark F. and the other alt-right people and conspiracy buffs?
      07-31-2018, 10:45 AM   #86
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

I do notice CCN usually has an equal number of Pro Trump vs Anit Trump panalists. When I watch Fox its normally just a giant circle jerk of trump supporters. Still i watch both. Best news source is Trumps direct twitter feed. That + Critical thinking = Actual news. Its the critical thinking people seem to be missing.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 11:09 AM   #87
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep

Quote:
^I watched CNN last night. Anderson Cooper had 4 panelists on. 2 for Trump, 2 not. Very fair. Ingraham is doing well? So she has learned to accept Trumps lies, because it pays? What about the other stations you get your news from? The ones you won't divulge, where you get links to Mark F. and the other alt-right people and conspiracy buffs?
ive definitely noticed a shift in their panelist. its no longer always a trump/right bashing panel.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2018, 11:18 AM   #88
Schwarzschild Radius
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
I used to like several FOX hosts, including O'Reilly. I would watch Shep Smith if he was in a better time slot.

But the truth on FOX does not get a good time slot.

It used to be interesting, and not the total Trump circle jerk that it is now. But they have certainly sold their souls to increase ratings.