R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

03-16-2019, 02:25 PM   #45
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

I was going back and forth as well. I test drove C63 some weeks back. AMG just do not have the soul. M is addictive. I feel you are more involve and wild with M car.

I have tested RS3/RS5 and currently has S3 (1 step below RS3) but still. RS cannot match the M and the smile M brings to my face every time I start and drive the M4
Appreciate 2
AJM1125114.50
Seniorleb528.50
      07-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #46
chicagoshark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsavized View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by utsavized View Post
Update: I swapped out my '18 C63S Coupe with a '15 M6 GC
Explain.
Well, most of it is non-tabgible. I never got the feels from the car. But for more tangible stuff:

- The transmission had a mind of its own. Nearly crashed twice entering the HOV lane quickly when the transmission was still making up its mind on which gear to shift to (I think 2019 models fix this)

- Overall handling and feel was very springy. I know most modern cars with turbos are going towards the torque numbers and feel big and bloated, but this felt much less connected than my M4

- The interior, while it looks nice, was falling apart. Had more rattles and creaks than my 8-year-old X5 which barely has any, even with my 100 lb German Shepherd running havoc inside

- Online community sucked. The AMG private lounge. Oh boy! They make it so you NEED to have a damn AMG to join, and that is supposed to make you feel more elite? Lol. No wonder no one there had any sense of humor.

As far as non-tangibles go, I grew up loving the e30 M3. I've been an M guy for the longest time. I switched to AMG because I was waiting for the next M3/4 and I thought the AMG would fill that void -- I was wrong.

I got the M6 because it's depreciated enough where I can afford it. And it just worked out where someone wanted my C63S and I wanted their M6.

Credit where it's due though — that AMG performance exhaust noise was just epic.
Tell us more about the M6
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 11:23 AM   #47
chicagoshark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiss'er View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpizutti View Post
Welcome back..I had 2017 M3..then 2017 Amg C63s..now M3cs
What is it about the C63 that you didn't like? On paper it seems amazing. Killer motor, great interior, solid handling. I currently have an M2 and I'm considering an M4 or a C63 or possibly a Dinan stage 4 tune on the M2. Thanks for any feedback
I drove a C63s. On paper it made absolute sense. In practice, it was Underwhelming. But similar to like everyone else, the sound was amazing
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 08:46 PM   #48
qba335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I test-drove new 2019 c63s today and it is a very nice car. I was in sport+ (?) mode and the car was very responsive (pulls like a train) and had a nice deep sound. I also prefer the interior over M.

GF liked the E63S more, but it was just too spacious and luxurious for me. I must admit the AWD is a nice feature to have. There was around 30k difference in price between C and E.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 11:45 PM   #49
WESTCOASTTRADING
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 M3 Coupe

if you care about the interior so much I don't think M cars are suitable for you.
it's all about driving experience for me, its not about how big of engine and the way it sounds.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 02:37 PM   #50
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshark View Post
I drove a C63s. On paper it made absolute sense. In practice, it was Underwhelming. But similar to like everyone else, the sound was amazing
Not just the sound - that AMG 63s engine is a piece of art.

Sadly, we live in times when BMW no longer builds the best-in-class motors: AMD C63s and Giulia Quad come with more potent motors of similar displacement.
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10biie89 View Post
if you care about the interior so much I don't think M cars are suitable for you.
it's all about driving experience for me, its not about how big of engine and the way it sounds.
I don't think that's right.
BMW has always had very conservative, yet functional interiors.
Over the last generation of models, Audi and Merc have stepped up the game, while BMW hasn't. M interiors aren't bad, they just haven't kept up with the times.

Same goes for the driving experience.
We are now spoiled for choices in the market for highly competent track-worthy sedans.

Great for the consumer.
Sucks for BMW, which is fully reflected in its stock price declines (-43% for the past 5 years, -16% Y/Y).

a
Appreciate 0