Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-18-2020, 09:19 PM   #1
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Wished the stock charge cooler had a level sensor alert...son of a..

When it rains it pours fellas.

Yesterday my bank 1 O2 sensor completely failed for the 2nd time now after going E85. When I went to check the codes to confirm, it showed the charge cooler pump was also pumping dry.

Checked the charge cooler tank and what do I see? Wished there was some kind of warning light, the car drove perfectly fine.

I checked it last month and it was full so it emptied itself sometime from then and now. I'm guessing it was a slow internal leak since it didn't hydro lock my motor, thank goodness.

Here goes another 2 grand, debating on Wagner or the Mishimoto, Mishimoto comes with the front heat exchanger as well for the same price and seems to fit better.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 09:25 PM   #2
sicck_m4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Yas Marina M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAS55 View Post
When it rains it pours fellas.

Yesterday my bank 1 O2 sensor completely failed for the 2nd time now after going E85. When I went to check the codes to confirm, it showed the charge cooler pump was also pumping dry.

Checked the charge cooler tank and what do I see? Wished there was some kind of warning light, the car drove perfectly fine.

I checked it last month and it was full so it emptied itself sometime from then and now. I'm guessing it was a slow internal leak since it didn't hydro lock my motor, thank goodness.

Here goes another 2 grand, debating on Wagner or the Mishimoto, Mishimoto comes with the front heat exchanger as well for the same price and seems to fit better.
I went with VRSF and did self install. Took about an hour and fraction of the price. Honestly haven't lost a single drop since I installed it and have done multiple passes on the drag strip.

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 12:23 AM   #3
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

That freekin blows dude, sorry to hear about that. I think Wagner uses the largest core. It looks nice I would have no issuea with that!

Let us know which one go with!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 02:21 AM   #4
mdma-zn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicck_f82 View Post
I went with VRSF and did self install. Took about an hour and fraction of the price. Honestly haven't lost a single drop since I installed it and have done multiple passes on the drag strip.
The VRSF top mount install was not a bad DIY for me as well:
I struggled with the locking pins on the inlet/outlet lines.
And they skimped on the correct screws which should have been supplied with the cooler.
Aside from these 2 minor issues, it works and as you correctly say, the price was great value.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 06:52 PM   #5
hC1001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdma-zn View Post
The VRSF top mount install was not a bad DIY for me as well:
I struggled with the locking pins on the inlet/outlet lines.
And they skimped on the correct screws which should have been supplied with the cooler.
Aside from these 2 minor issues, it works and as you correctly say, the price was great value.
I also went with VRSF as well. Yes, they only had the screws for the bottom brackets but nothing for the reservoir and sensor(M5x12mm). I tapped the holes for the reservoir for M6x1. They offered to mail me the screws but it was easier to make a run to homedepot or the hardware store and get some stainless steel allen head button screws. Overall, im happy with it.

They also offer a lifetime warranty should anything happen and i've found VRSF's customer service to be good so far.

I changed my stock one out due to hearing about other ppl having leaky units. Mine was good and not leaking.

Last edited by hC1001; 03-22-2020 at 12:11 AM..
Appreciate 0