Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

10-26-2022, 05:07 AM   #1
gian-luca
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4

F82 2015 chassis malfunction

Hi guys, recently I was introduced to similiar issue "Chassis function restricted"

It was a day after I got EDC ZCP coding (as well as GTS steering wheel, MDM etc.) done and I got an error code 482A3C EDC: Valve Coil - rear right - current regulator plausibility fault.

So far I have done:
- Switched both rear shocks but it was no help and it was an indication of a problem in wiring.
- Changed both wires of struts - the top one and the bottom one for accelerometer sensor.
- checked the VDC module, inside looks clean, no corosion, switched pins going from strut to module (switched left with right and right with left) and the error moved to LEFT side instead of right side, meaning the module is working properly.

Any ideas? I have also attempted changing wiring which goes from VDC module to top of the strut (no luck again).

Should I attempt putting the EDC coding back to stock? The guy who did the coding is promising that coding have nothing to do with the error code I have.

Note: the issue appears only after starting to drive (usually around 5km/h roll is enough to trigger the fault). If the car is on idle and not moving the fault does not appear.

2015 M4 with EDC option
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 02:38 AM   #2
gian-luca
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4

GTS software was at fault. I asked a guy to put it back to stock according to model year and everything went back to normal.
Appreciate 0