ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

06-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #89
jalta408
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
It depends. How long have they been on the lot? Have you shopped other dealers?

To answer your question though, I would say that's a terrible price, since I would never even consider starting off at their asking price. Work your way from invoice +, otherwise you're staring negotiations from their position.

Bad juju and a D- in Negotiations 101.
True, no i have not shopped at other dealers since ive been searching for a well specd F80 M3 but it seems like they have low inventory all over california in stock, i might end up just ordering. I have seen others pay invoice with better options but theyre leasing, id like to keep the car for a little bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
At this point you really shouldn't be paying msrp... Let alone a markup. Remind them that they are the last cars of 2015 and 2016 has MAJOR updates that will basically make the 2015 cars obsolete so they should pay you to take that POS car off their hands.... Btw those two cars are also stuffed with options you probably don't care about.
I figured. Well, i dont think id even consider buying at MSRP + markup specially the options the M3 had dct, lighting, 19's and usb phone int.. the guy was very polite and answered all my questions but he makes it seem like BMW is going to stop f80's production anytime soon that he's pretty solid on his sticker + markup just because of the carbon fiber shortage. He also added that good thing i went through internet sales contact or else if i would've just walked in the mark up would've been 5-10k over

Any dealership recommendations/contacts?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 10:47 AM   #90
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

You should be negotiating off of invoice based on my research. There are a ton of M3s/M4s being made.

Sounds like there are a number of good reps all over the socal map.

What's a competitive price these days for an M4? I've heard of $2K over invoice being a decent deal for a custom ordered car. Not sure how the numbers line up for one that's in stock.

Thanks.
      06-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #91
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
There are a ton of M3s/M4s being made.
small correction. The allocations are actually VERY low and are not on the same level as the demand. m3s alone I believe there is less then 170 allocations for the whole country. Not sure about M4 but but I believe they are around the same number.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #92
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
small correction. The allocations are actually VERY low and are not on the same level as the demand. m3s alone I believe there is less then 170 allocations for the whole country. Not sure about M4 but but I believe they are around the same number.
Maybe it's because I'm used to Porsche inventory so perhaps a reset is in order on my end. Comparatively, there just seems to be a ton of M4s sitting on dealer lots. Trouble is, I'm fairly particular about the options which is pretty much everything but adaptive suspension and ceramics. Color being gray or black with red interior.

Last edited by THEROK; 06-09-2015 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #93
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Maybe it's because I'm used to Porsche inventory so perhaps a reset is in order on my end. Comparatively, there just seems to be a ton of M4s sitting on dealer lots. Trouble is, I'm fairly particular about the options which is pretty much everything but adaptive suspension and ceramics. Color being gray or black with red interior.
Are the M4s you see sitting on lots ones with moonroofs? I have not looked through inventories in a while but last time I did there was a ton of moonroofs out there not very many CF roofs

if your looking for a particular build then I agree your prob going to be better off ordering that way you get exactly what you want

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 05:12 PM   #94
Launch Control
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 - SS/SS

Quote:
I've email exchanged Khoi @ Long Beach BMW and he was a straight shooter. Pricing was competitive as well. No frills, no bs.

http://www.longbeachbmw.com/dealersh...rnet-staff.htm
I 2nd Khoi. I got quoted a great price last year when I ordered my 2015. No haggling, no bait and switch and Khoi was great to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 07:40 PM   #95
lookin4e90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: P car F car

I think the F80 is gonna be my next car, and soon. Started my research when I dropped off my F10 at Crevier for service. I was told at Crevier they are asking/selling at $4000 OVER MSRP!! I kinda chuckled but he seemed firm on that. Plus he would not let me test drive any M3's, I did get to sit in one and allowed to rev it once or twice, yippy.

Called Sterling BMW today because they have a '15 CPO M3 on the lot. Again was told no test drive until AFTER agreeing on a sales price. They act like this is God's chariot or something, gimme a break it's a used M3. Needless to say that conversation didn't get anywhere.

BTW, I pointedly asked my SA at Crevier if they were mod friendly. He told me NO in no uncertain terms. I had my modded 335 serviced at Crevier years ago and was told that they "flagged" my vehicle. I still remember the D-Bag's name was Aaron something. He cornered me and demanded that I pay for repairs that I didn't need (he told me my ECU was fried and THAT'S why my fuel pump was going out, WTF) When I said I just want to take my car elsewhere he threatened and said he's gonna flag my car and all other dealers will see it (I had a stage one mind u w/ cat-back exhaust and tune). I do like my current SA however but my F10 is stock.

Sorry for getting off topic. Please any advice/recommendation for my F80 purchase would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #96
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
If your close to Alhambra in SoCal, I have a close friend who can take care of you.

PM me and I'll give you the info.
      12-19-2015, 11:44 PM   #97
cays
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3 Germans

Deleted. My friend will eventually tell the story himself.

Last edited by cays; 12-20-2015 at 05:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 12:29 AM   #98
Account Closed
Smarty Pants
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sold

No offense, but I wouldn't take my car to a dealer. My car is still has warranty, but I rather go to a reputable...and I mean VERY reputable tuning company and BMW experts like EAS. I only go to EAS and SP-engineering for all of my car needs. Been to several dealers and every time they have returned my car, they have returned it with some type of damage. Had the steering wheel damaged, key dropped and scratched, loose rear view mirror, very tiny dent on the front bumper....and lots more...all dealers in LA.

Be very very very careful. I even had a dealer tell me that my oil was changed, but when I came home, my gut told me to check the oil. I actually opened up the plug to drain some oil out and found that they hadn't changed the oil at all. Went back to the dealer and ripped them a new one and had them not only replace the oil, but give me $1000 dollars worth of BMW merchandise. I also made another dealer replace the damaged bumper and steering wheel. I also reported them to BMW Financial Services Customer Relations Dept.

Be very careful. When you get your car back, check everything you can possible check...put a light to the car's paint, and check the torque spec on the lugs.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 12:45 AM   #99
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Bedrosian View Post
No offense, but I wouldn't take my car to a dealer. My car is still has warranty, but I rather go to a reputable...and I mean VERY reputable tuning company and BMW experts like EAS. I only go to EAS and SP-engineering for all of my car needs. Been to several dealers and every time they have returned my car, they have returned it with some type of damage. Had the steering wheel damaged, key dropped and scratched, loose rear view mirror, very tiny dent on the front bumper....and lots more...all dealers in LA.

Be very very very careful. I even had a dealer tell me that my oil was changed, but when I came home, my gut told me to check the oil. I actually opened up the plug to drain some oil out and found that they hadn't changed the oil at all. Went back to the dealer and ripped them a new one and had them not only replace the oil, but give me $1000 dollars worth of BMW merchandise. I also made another dealer replace the damaged bumper and steering wheel. I also reported them to BMW Financial Services Customer Relations Dept.

Be very careful. When you get your car back, check everything you can possible check...put a light to the car's paint, and check the torque spec on the lugs.
Unless the dealership you have gone to are the reputable ones that are known on the forums, I wouldn't be that surprised.

There are plenty of bad dealerships in LA, there are also good ones in LA. Meaning, avoid Beverly Hills BMW.
      12-20-2015, 12:47 AM   #100
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Unless the dealership you have gone to are the reputable ones that are known on the forums, I wouldn't be that surprised.

There are plenty of bad dealerships in LA, there are also good ones in LA. Meaning, avoid Beverly Hills BMW.
Been taking my car to BH BMW with zero problems... They've serviced my last 5/6 cars... But I've gotten really close with my SA and the rest of the crew... He hand picks the individuals to work on my cars and I'm always well taken care of... No nicks, scratches, dents, scrapes, etc... I cannot complain in the least bit...

Jeff Baker... Nicest funniest guy you'll ever meet as well...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 12:51 AM   #101
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Been taking my car to BH BMW with zero problems... They've serviced my last 5/6 cars... But I've gotten really close with my SA and the rest of the crew... He hand picks the individuals to work on my cars and I'm always well taken care of... No nicks, scratches, dents, scrapes, etc... I cannot complain in the least bit...

Jeff Baker... Nicest funniest guy you'll ever meet as well...
I hear weird things from them.

Some say they are great, some say they get chased off because they don't look the part. I can't get a good picture from them.
      12-20-2015, 01:01 AM   #102
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
I hear weird things from them.

Some say they are great, some say they get chased off because they don't look the part. I can't get a good picture from them.
Part of it falls on us to be completely honest... I've never gotten upset, angry, yelled screamed nada... Back in I want to say 2007, when they were at their old location (now it's the Audi dealership I believe) I got my e92 back and there was red residue from the brick wall... I know the brick wall, it was where they staged the cars until a service bay was available... I went back and they immediately rectified it, even though I had already left and hadn't noticed it for quite some time... It was the slightest bit of red brick, on the inside of the door, you couldn't even see it once the door was closed... But they still took care of it completely, no questions asked... I don't get what's the point of yelling at them, or any service industry to be honest - it's not going to fix the issue or want them to fix it for you...

Since 2006, the only mark could be the red brick dust, but other than that, not a single scratch... Actually, the one time they washed my car on accident, before I even said anything, my SA saw that they washed my car... They had the car detailed completely, because the swirls marks left in the car...

It's like a relationship or no different from your general doctor... You see them time to time, you establish a rapport, they get to know you (your car) and my SA knows how well I take care of my vehicles, so they ensure the car gets back the same way... No dealership / service department is perfect - but at the end of the day, if you treat them right, there's no reason they won't treat you the same... But never had a problem, just got my car back from the 1200 mile service, didn't look to check for damage, because I know my SA would check for me... My mobile detailer came out to give her a wash, and he's more anal than I am - if he spotted anything, he would've told me on the spot... Dude even washed inside the wheels, I mean elbows deep behind the wheels... Saw the other guy washing the inside of the doors...

Anyways, find a SA that you can trust / establish a relationship with, and go from there... People are too quick to judge heavily on the SA, when they're not even the ones that do the work - they just write it up... Those surveys that get sent out?? You know one slightest negativity on that thing and they lose their bonuses... They have families and mouths to feed, and people feel the need to blast them on the surveys because they had to wait longer than 5 minutes to get their car back from the service bay... They have a rough job as it is, dealing with us car nuts, trust me...
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2015, 02:07 AM   #103
Account Closed
Smarty Pants
United_States
Rep

Quote:

lol I can't stand Beverly Hills..That place makes me sick to my stomach. And yes, they were all in Los Angeles...cannot trust them. I have called over a dozen dealers asking them the same question about my car and almost all of them gave me a different answer.

I might go to the one's that have a good rep on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 02:19 AM   #104
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Bedrosian View Post
lol I can't stand Beverly Hills..That place makes me sick to my stomach. And yes, they were all in Los Angeles...cannot trust them. I have called over a dozen dealers asking them the same question about my car and almost all of them gave me a different answer.

I might go to the one's that have a good rep on this forum.
Like Shoei said, you need to find a place that people know and you can backup their claims.

There are quite a few on the forums here that will take care of you if you just go and find them. I don't need to say mine as I been backing up New Century for awhile now but there are others here as well. Like Charlie from McKenna BMW. The best shot you can get in finding that place, is knowing the SA you deal with know their cars and are enthusiasts themselves. You will always be safe with them.
      12-20-2015, 03:51 AM   #105
Account Closed
Smarty Pants
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Like Shoei said, you need to find a place that people know and you can backup their claims.

There are quite a few on the forums here that will take care of you if you just go and find them. I don't need to say mine as I been backing up New Century for awhile now but there are others here as well. Like Charlie from McKenna BMW. The best shot you can get in finding that place, is knowing the SA you deal with know their cars and are enthusiasts themselves. You will always be safe with them.
Okay...=) I'm going to take a chance and give it a shot. I'll check out McKenna, or Century...whichever is closer.
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #106
Irishsig
In Hoc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 6MT MG/SO

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4e90 View Post
I think the F80 is gonna be my next car, and soon. Started my research when I dropped off my F10 at Crevier for service. I was told at Crevier they are asking/selling at $4000 OVER MSRP!! I kinda chuckled but he seemed firm on that. Plus he would not let me test drive any M3's, I did get to sit in one and allowed to rev it once or twice, yippy.

Called Sterling BMW today because they have a '15 CPO M3 on the lot. Again was told no test drive until AFTER agreeing on a sales price. They act like this is God's chariot or something, gimme a break it's a used M3. Needless to say that conversation didn't get anywhere.

BTW, I pointedly asked my SA at Crevier if they were mod friendly. He told me NO in no uncertain terms. I had my modded 335 serviced at Crevier years ago and was told that they "flagged" my vehicle. I still remember the D-Bag's name was Aaron something. He cornered me and demanded that I pay for repairs that I didn't need (he told me my ECU was fried and THAT'S why my fuel pump was going out, WTF) When I said I just want to take my car elsewhere he threatened and said he's gonna flag my car and all other dealers will see it (I had a stage one mind u w/ cat-back exhaust and tune). I do like my current SA however but my F10 is stock.

Sorry for getting off topic. Please any advice/recommendation for my F80 purchase would be greatly appreciated!
After dealing with several typical salesmen I was directed to the Internet Sales Manager at Center BMW (Sasha Babich). She beat any other offers by a wide margin and no BS. Sale price was several thousand under msrp, before state tax, fees, license. It's amazing how all the fees & taxes up the price.
      12-24-2015, 02:23 AM   #107
323_F82
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

See Henson at pacific BMW. Knowledgeable, friendly and straight to the point. No bs. No games. And great inventory. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 02:46 AM   #108
Ejay562
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 alpine white

Quote:
I've email exchanged Khoi @ Long Beach BMW and he was a straight shooter. Pricing was competitive as well. No frills, no bs.

http://www.longbeachbmw.com/dealersh...rnet-staff.htm
I would definitely not recommend long beach or Khoi at that matter. I've dealt with him and with the deal that I was quoted and he stated that he can match it, after running the numbers it did not match up even with a bigger down payment. I would recommend to talk to Jeff carter in South Bay. I was able to get my 2016 m3 alpine white with Shakir orange/black extended Marino, executive package, lighting package, M adaptive, 19' black wheels, MT for around $68,700 before Taxes. With the bmw select I'm paying $840/mo. With a down payment of $2k Vs khoi's offer of $850 with a down payment of $4k...both with a residual of $28k....also not to mention that they called me and asked if I was going to purchase the car within a month and stated that I would be...a few days later I return there to make the order and was told flat out that they can't order til March!!?? If you are thinking of going to long beach to purchase an M3, I would look else where or just talk to Jeff carter at South Bay. He'll take care of you....tell him ej sent ya
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #109
knnth192o
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejay562 View Post
I would definitely not recommend long beach or Khoi at that matter. I've dealt with him and with the deal that I was quoted and he stated that he can match it, after running the numbers it did not match up even with a bigger down payment. I would recommend to talk to Jeff carter in South Bay. I was able to get my 2016 m3 alpine white with Shakir orange/black extended Marino, executive package, lighting package, M adaptive, 19' black wheels, MT for around $68,700 before Taxes. With the bmw select I'm paying $840/mo. With a down payment of $2k Vs khoi's offer of $850 with a down payment of $4k...both with a residual of $28k....also not to mention that they called me and asked if I was going to purchase the car within a month and stated that I would be...a few days later I return there to make the order and was told flat out that they can't order til March!!?? If you are thinking of going to long beach to purchase an M3, I would look else where or just talk to Jeff carter at South Bay. He'll take care of you....tell him ej sent ya
I was going to go to Long Beach and Pacific. Now I have one more! Thanks!
Appreciate 0