Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

05-04-2014, 05:25 PM   #23
tooch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by owerr View Post
Man, this is the only thing holding me back. A m3 equipped out to my needs is about 76k as well. At that point you ask yourself, its not much cheaper than a pimped out m5..
I thought of that also. The M4 will be a much sportier car i believe, more nimble on its feet. If I had a family to fill an M5 I'd probably want that though.

96 E31 JB
07 E92 AW
F82 BSM
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #24
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooch View Post
I thought of that also. The M4 will be a much sportier car i believe, more nimble on its feet. If I had a family to fill an M5 I'd probably want that though.
I have a family, that is the reason I bought the tiny one. M3 was too practical, and M5 could be parked to the goodie section of the spouses office garage, so they were not options.

We already have a wheeled boat for family floating, my milk run car has to be fast, since I'm always so worried about the temperature while transporting that white gold. I'm looking forward of making excel sheets about which route is the fastest and which preserves the milk best. The long distance between the shop and our residence will make this into an interesting study, I have all day long to pick up containers one by one.

This is my service to every house wife in the world who have spent countless hours wondering which is the best transporter for the shopping. I will expect world wide interest in my results, since so many members of my sex are always talking about cars while the men talk about baby care and clothes.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 12:09 AM   #25
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

My three brothers are around Seattle & my oldest son is going to UW. Lups you need to find the right parks. And get high. Traffic sucks.

Milk runs don't get my adrenalin going. Take-out dinners that my hungry young-uns are waiting for back home gets the tires smoking.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 12:16 AM   #26
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
My three brothers are around Seattle & my oldest son is going to UW. Lups you need to find the right parks. And get high. Traffic sucks.

Milk runs don't get my adrenalin going. Take-out dinners that my hungry young-uns are waiting for back home gets the tires smoking.
I do my milk runs at night, while the streets are empty. I do tend to play harder than one should, but at least I do it while there are no one around.

The advice about getting high is noted, and I should do that, but I happen to prefer adrenaline, and that is a hard one to score with the boat car.

And yes, the suburbs do suck, just send your offspring to play my guide dogs. And your brothers too, they might have the roads mapped out and I need the info! Badly!

Cheers, the Sleepless in Seattle in a modern form.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 01:16 AM   #27
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I'm too used to be free and not having to censure my thoughts or words, and these guys run away when they realize, that I have no intention ever to find myself having a meaningless small talk session...

I am sure I've missed something since I don't read every thread but... What the hell are you talking about??
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 01:47 AM   #28
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post

I am sure I've missed something since I don't read every thread but... What the hell are you talking about??
I'm from europe, and i'm a female. Those are the main points.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #29
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep

Quote:
= No tolerance for time wasting parasites. I'm impressed that you can shed them!

Life is too short to spend it driving a road boat.

Sailing, on the other hand... And windsurfing in The Gorge (Columbia river). And driving a M3 at 9/10ths. And climbing Mt. Rainier (really, doing anything on the awesome mountains in the NW). Flying a big foil kite. Surf kayaking. Hunting mushrooms. Etc.

My milk run is about 2km each way. One excellent but risky curve. Two stoplights. Have to watch out for deer and other wild animals.

I never felt comfortable driving fast in SF, too many unpredictable drivers. Sonoma county is fantastic, especially off-season. Get off Hwy 1.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #30
Lups
Rep

Quote:
= No tolerance for time wasting parasites. I'm impressed that you can shed them!

Sailing, on the other hand... And windsurfing in The Gorge (Columbia river). And driving a M3 at 9/10ths. And climbing Mt. Rainier (really, doing anything on the awesome mountains in the NW). Flying a big foil kite. Surf kayaking. Hunting mushrooms. Etc.

My milk run is about 2km each way. One excellent but risky curve. Two stoplights. Have to watch out for deer and other wild animals.

I never felt comfortable driving fast in SF, too many unpredictable drivers. Sonoma county is fantastic, especially off-season. Get off Hwy 1.
You just made my list of persons to like.

I can spend a lot of time covering any subject with a substance, sadly I never did get the reason why hair maintenance should be considered as one. Manis and pedis and the whole circus of parading new clothes around just gives me hope, that one day a bear walks into the park, and I can use one of the dolls as a weapon. One could do serious damage with those claws. I complain about the parks endlessly, cause I had to spend the last two weeks in one, but now I'm happy to report that the familys parkmaster is back, and I'm free ones again from that duty.

To be fair, I have met the greatest people here, and they shine even more brightly just because of the doll crew. One of them even happens to be a female, I had to ask to make sure cause she is too nice and too witty to be real.

Collecting mushrooms is and always will be my favorite activity in the world. I have no idea how one ends up with a hobby like that, but running around in the forests is a bigger thrill than anything else. Anything that involves nature is a great way to spend a day in my books.

My funrun is even shorter, but if one accidentally gets lost, and ends up taking a longer route, I consider it merely well fetched milk. I have the best excuse in the world since navigators have teamed up on me, and due to our inability to work in the same vehicle, I usually end up completely lost. Best way to ensure one gets to try every milk producers products, which of course allows me to complain about the quality endlessly.

I have to say, that I envy the way the wild life is here. The first thing I saw in the morning of our arrival was an eagle, and that blew me away. We have all sorts of furry and feathery things running around back home, but the only time I have countered an elk there was when I was teaching my friends daughter to drive, and casually said that if she sees a moose, she should just ensure we get the beefy parts in good shape to my fridge. I had a change of heart about a minute later when two of them decided to run to the road. Not my best moment as a responsible adult, and not my brightest advise either.

I added your advise to my August getaway route, thank you. I'm sorry about the post, I need coffee. I usually can write with a little more to give, but...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #31
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep

We have a saying that you don't have to outrun a bear, you just have to outrun the doll next to you. Sounds like a good new sport. There is a mountain lion roaming about our place in California. s/he is quite the wake-up call on a morning stroll.

My brother is going out to eastern cascades for mushrooms next weekend. I think he knows more about where to find mushrooms in Washington than anyone. A very fun-guy. Freaks me out by going on what I consider dangerous dives.

I got a bunch of morels last week; trained my dog to find them, we now call him truffle pig.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #32
Lups
Rep

Quote:
We have a saying that you don't have to outrun a bear, you just have to outrun the doll next to you. Sounds like a good new sport. There is a mountain lion roaming about our place in California. s/he is quite the wake-up call on a morning stroll.

My brother is going out to eastern cascades for mushrooms next weekend. I think he knows more about where to find mushrooms in Washington than anyone. A very fun-guy. Freaks me out by going on what I consider dangerous dives.

I got a bunch of morels last week; trained my dog to find them, we now call him truffle pig.
I have never seen that mushroom before, I really need to go to a book shop and find a guide book for the local specimens. The gain and the dog looks really good! My dogs love mushroom hunting also, unfortunately they were trained and raised by me, so they tend not to help but if given the time, they sick their heads in my basket and eat my hard works results. This also happens with berries, and if I did not find this an amusing thing, I would probably end up stuffing them to the oven one day. The russell almost managed to get the honor place for the Sunday lunch a few weeks ago by eating the raw chicken and rolling then rolling in the marinade.

I don't think this sport of running away will gain popularity any time soon, since my experience says a female on a mission can not be avoided. Things just get scarier that way, and the bear becomes a fantasy partner after the few first tries, at least they kill before devouring.

I have to hunt down your brother, I miss my daily strolls in the wild, I just haven't had the time to find places here yet. A sense of humor is always an added bonus, which in my opinion should be made a mandatory thing to add in the assembly process of a human. That way one will never get bored, or bore others by trying to uphold an image instead of enjoying the days.

I too have a brother, but his best quality is the miles between us. I'm certain he feels the same way, and that makes our relationship one of the most working one in our family.

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #33
Velon
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M5 f90

Quote:

Sailing, on the other hand...
Woah. Just had to stop you right there.
Sailing? Really?

When it comes to boating, this my friends, is THE shit

Yes, that is me in the backseat making sure the guy in the front dont get lost.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #34
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep

Apologies to the rest of you for this off-topic fungi rant... But what mushrooms do you get in Finland? When I was in Turku I went to the countryside for a couple days, early June, did not feel comfortable collecting strange mushrooms.

Favorites here include: Morels (pics above), giant puffballs, chanterelles, pilzen, beefsteak boletus, oyster mushrooms, sulfurpolyphores (chicken of the woods), psychodelics.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #35
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velon View Post
Sailing? Really?

Woot! Either way is good.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #36
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Sailing? Really?

Oh shut it you Swede! Come here, let's hunt some gravel and have a helluva day introducing these guys to the nordic ways.

Who the hell stole my emergency dash of coffee? How is it possible to life be this cruel? I swear someone in the neighborhood is stealing it from the house, that is the only explanation for this recurring event!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #37
Velon
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M5 f90

Quote:
Oh shut it you Swede! Come here, let's hunt some gravel and have a helluva day introducing these guys to the nordic ways.

Who the hell stole my emergency dash of coffee? How is it possible to life be this cruel? I swear someone in the neighborhood is stealing it from the house, that is the only explanation for this recurring event!
What? 15 cups/hour aint enough?

You are going back to Finlandia this summer for some Powerboating, remember?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 12:34 PM   #38
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Apologies to the rest of you for this off-topic fungi rant... But what mushrooms do you get in Finland? When I was in Turku I went to the countryside for a couple days, early June, did not feel comfortable collecting strange mushrooms.

Favorites here include: Morels (pics above). giant puffballs, chanterelles, Pilzen (beefsteak boletus), oyster mushrooms, sulfurpolyphores (chicken of the woods), psychodelics.
With mushrooms one needs to be careful. There are too many poisonous ones in the woods, so your rule of collecting only the known is the way I also go. From your list the only one I recognize is the chanterelles, those are by far easiest to find, and one can't mix them up with anything dangerous. I have no vocabulary for this conversation, since the names in my head of course are in Finnish. Google could help, but I rather go and buy the book and learn the names, and then get back to you in this.

This can not be off topic, we are enthusiasts, and I for one will be taking the bmw to the collecting trips. Nicely avoided for ones, but I admit OT is my special skill.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 12:37 PM   #39
Lups
Rep

Quote:
What? 15 cups/hour aint enough?

You are going back to Finlandia this summer for some Powerboating, remember?
Nope, I'm staying the hell away from that part of Europe for a while. Also, if anyone asks, I live in Washington, and then I change the subject before someone asks DC or state. This is probably the only place where I mention the state, I really do not want visitors for Christmas.

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #40
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep

My biggest concern with the f80 is how crazy can I get rallye driving in a $65k car -- love dirt roads, snow, ... I learned to navigate and be a mechanic before I got my drivers license.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 06:40 PM   #41
Lups
Rep

Quote:
My biggest concern with the f80 is how crazy can I get rallye driving in a $65k car -- love dirt roads, snow, ... I learned to navigate and be a mechanic before I got my drivers license.
Well, just send me a pm from the ditch, and I'll come and tow you up, if I don't mess up the same bend. A plan B is needed here. I keep laughing at myself because it took me 450+ posts to come up with a paint, and then the first thing I will do is probably trash the paint job on a gravel road.

I got in trouble two weeks before moving here, and it almost cost us the move. I of course took the adult way of handling the situation, and never told the spouse.

It was a good deal, I promised the nice officer not to do that again there for two years, and he let me off the hook.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #42
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep

I always have a few tools in my trunk:
tire plugs, winch, cold champagne.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #43
Lups
Rep

Quote:
I always have a few tools in my trunk:
tire plugs, winch, cold champagne.
I'm there! The last one made me your personal tower ( Is that even the word).
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 09:59 PM   #44
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
ah. And reading the rest of this thread it appears Finnish. I grew up in MN which is chock full of finlanders (see below). Oivo and Toivo jokes ... friends with names like Tuominen ... And my favorite word is when you're "up nort" in, yes, Finland Minnesota, and you hear people asking what you're going to do on Uudenvuodenpäivä (I had to look it up, but I remembered!).

And not just finlanders. Ole and Lena jokes for the swedes. MN is chock full of them too.

Anyway, now that i know you're a finlander lander it all makes sense

Looks like a lot fins in Seattle too:

MN has all the swedes too:
Appreciate 0