ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-14-2022, 01:08 PM   #1
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Integral Audio - Group Buy - SoundstageDSP™ Ultra for BMW 3 & 4 series

Hi everyone,

I have an exciting opportunity for our F3X/F8X enthusiasts that have been on the fence regarding upgrading their vehicle’s audio system. After personally considering the multiple “upgrade” options available to the non-sound system expert, DIY capable BMW enthusiast, and having painstakingly read through countless F3X/F8X audio forum posts, reviews, and discussions with said companies, I have decided to go with the SoundstageDSP Ultra System for BMW 3 & 4 series offered by Integral Audio. This is quite frankly an amazing off-the-shelf soundstage solution, and I challenge you to find a bad review or negative feedback.

Some may have walked away from this offering in the past, given the price point, but I promise this is a situation where you get what you pay for. SO…let’s get to the exciting part!

I have reached out to the company’s founder and CEO, Kevin @ Integral Audio , and WE HAVE A GROUP BUY!!!!

This system typically sells for $3,999 and just like everything else around us, supply chain and inflationary pressures are forcing the company to imminently raise the price to $4,199. If you spend some time speaking with Kevin, you would realize that even $4,199 is a good deal, given component quality, the R&D time, and thought that has been put into this true 4-way, plug-and-play audio solution. From now through May 31, 2022. Kevin has agreed to freeze the $3,999 selling price for this group buy event only, PLUS offer an additional group buy discount of up to 25% or $1000 (details below) AND free shipping to the lower 48 (continental US). International shipping and shipping to AK and HI is also available, but you would have to discuss additional shipping costs and/or insurance with Integral Audio, directly.

What’s in it for me? First and foremost, sharing my enthusiasm for a top-notch DIY soundstage audio solution with fellow BMW owners and secondly, I will receive an additional $100 discount, for each group buy participant, on the system I have already purchased. That’s it, and I am stating that for full transparency and noting that I am not personally participating in the group buy. So, let’s get this going! The potential discount structure is listed below.

Any questions, please ask. Kevin and the Integral Audio team will be monitoring this thread and are available to answer any questions you may have…good luck.

https://integralaudio.com/

Last edited by dmanb2b; 04-17-2022 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 10:34 PM   #2
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

I might be interested
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2121.50
      04-16-2022, 10:22 AM   #3
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
I might be interested
Let's do it. In speaking with Kevin @ Integral Audio we may have at least one other participant so far. I may have spammed the f3x/f8x forum with this I am just truly excited, because this upgrade is not cheap!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2022, 04:57 PM   #4
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

I'm in at 3k
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2121.50
      04-17-2022, 05:23 PM   #5
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
I'm in at 3k
Sweet, pm me name and email and I will send it off to Kevin. That puts the GB at 20%already if everyone follows through. Hopefully will hit 10+ way before 5/31 and it's 25% discount for everyone
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 04:35 AM   #6
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
Hi everyone,

I have an exciting opportunity for our F3X/F8X enthusiasts that have been on the fence regarding upgrading their vehicle's audio system. After personally considering the multiple "upgrade" options available to the non-sound system expert, DIY capable BMW enthusiast, and having painstakingly read through countless F3X/F8X audio forum posts, reviews, and discussions with said companies, I have decided to go with the SoundstageDSP Ultra System for BMW 3 & 4 series offered by Integral Audio. This is quite frankly an amazing off-the-shelf soundstage solution, and I challenge you to find a bad review or negative feedback.

Some may have walked away from this offering in the past, given the price point, but I promise this is a situation where you get what you pay for. SO…let's get to the exciting part!

I have reached out to the company's founder and CEO, Kevin @ Integral Audio , and WE HAVE A GROUP BUY!!!!

This system typically sells for $3,999 and just like everything else around us, supply chain and inflationary pressures are forcing the company to imminently raise the price to $4,199. If you spend some time speaking with Kevin, you would realize that even $4,199 is a good deal, given component quality, the R&D time, and thought that has been put into this true 4-way, plug-and-play audio solution. From now through May 31, 2022. Kevin has agreed to freeze the $3,999 selling price for this group buy event only, PLUS offer an additional group buy discount of up to 25% or $1000 (details below) AND free shipping to the lower 48 (continental US). International shipping and shipping to AK and HI is also available, but you would have to discuss additional shipping costs and/or insurance with Integral Audio, directly.

What's in it for me? First and foremost, sharing my enthusiasm for a top-notch DIY soundstage audio solution with fellow BMW owners and secondly, I will receive an additional $100 discount, for each group buy participant, on the system I have already purchased. That's it, and I am stating that for full transparency and noting that I am not personally participating in the group buy. So, let's get this going! The potential discount structure is listed below.

Any questions, please ask. Kevin and the Integral Audio team will be monitoring this thread and are available to answer any questions you may have…good luck.

https://integralaudio.com/

I bought and installed this system

Stock amp (floor noise) is bad or the system is not done properly as I have continuous whine from tweeters

Only fixed it by buying new amp and lowering gain which isn't possible on the provided arc amp

Tore the entire car apart to look for something that may induce interference, changed multiple ground points, did all the troubleshooting possible

Kevin was helpful with troubleshooting initially, even sent a replacement amp, but then just left it at "It's a problem on your end" and never even reimbursed me the new amp deposit

Fairly good system, mixed feelings about the cost and assistance
Gone: E92 M3 | RS3 8V | E82 1M | AMG GT-S | X3M Comp | F80 M3 | Juke Nismo RS | E85 Z4 M Roadster | R58 Coupe JCW | F87 M2C| F87 M2 | F22 M240i | F82 M4 | E89 Z4 2.0i | F56 Cooper S | E92 330i | R56 One
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 08:12 AM   #7
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post

Stock amp (floor noise) is bad or the system is not done properly as I have continuous whine from tweeters

Only fixed it by buying new amp and lowering gain which isn't possible on the provided arc amp

Tore the entire car apart to look for something that may induce interference, changed multiple ground points, did all the troubleshooting possible

Kevin was helpful with troubleshooting initially, even sent a replacement amp, but then just left it at "It's a problem on your end" and never even reimbursed me the new amp deposit

so you kept entire system and swapped the amp? with what?

ugh this shit is so complicated. for 4k i expect extremely good results
Appreciate 1
MaximusJ300.00
      04-18-2022, 08:16 AM   #8
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Swapped it for a D class 5 channel alpine amp

Maybe I was just unlucky, I really don't know, the system is very well configured but the whining noise from the tweeters wasn't acceptable to me

I connected the tweeters straight to the amp, bypassing all routing for possible interference and it still whined. Per my limited knowledge it's obvious noise floor of the amp. Tried different grounding too and nothing changed.

For what it's worth I'm on the younger side. Had a few older family and friends listen to the quirk and they said it was barely audible.
Gone: E92 M3 | RS3 8V | E82 1M | AMG GT-S | X3M Comp | F80 M3 | Juke Nismo RS | E85 Z4 M Roadster | R58 Coupe JCW | F87 M2C| F87 M2 | F22 M240i | F82 M4 | E89 Z4 2.0i | F56 Cooper S | E92 330i | R56 One
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 08:25 AM   #9
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Maybe I was just unlucky, I really don't know, the system is very well configured but the whining noise from the tweeters wasn't acceptable to me

I connected the tweeters straight to the amp, bypassing all routing for possible interference and it still whined. Per my limited knowledge it's obvious noise floor of the amp. Tried different grounding too and nothing changed.

For what it's worth I'm on the younger side. Had a few older family and friends listen to the quirk and they said it was barely audible.
Ah I see. I'm not even sure what tweeter whine is but I am still 30 lol.

I live next to a high end audio shop...I wonder what a total pieced together system runs and sounds...luckily the amp was swappable (albeit at cost) and fixed the solution.

Only other solution I see here is musicar which runs close to 5k and not really sure the H2H here.

I am completely stock and probably do this piece wise but I never do that and once I'm ready to fork out cash, I like to go all the way and get the best. Sounds is my number 1 sense in a car.

Bavsound would be cheaper upgrade. but the music I listen too, edm, rap, low fi, heavy synth, i need very accurate bass response
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 08:29 AM   #10
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ah I see. I'm not even sure what tweeter whine is but I am still 30 lol.

I live next to a high end audio shop...I wonder what a total pieced together system runs and sounds...luckily the amp was swappable (albeit at cost) and fixed the solution.

Only other solution I see here is musicar which runs close to 5k and not really sure the H2H here.

I am completely stock and probably do this piece wise but I never do that and once I'm ready to fork out cash, I like to go all the way and get the best. Sounds is my number 1 sense in a car.

Bavsound would be cheaper upgrade. but the music I listen too, edm, rap, low fi, heavy synth, i need very accurate bass response
The bass is very good on the integral audio setup, makes stock one feel cheap and shitty. Mids and highs are marginal improvements, not really blown away by them.

The whine, it's like static sound and you can only hear it when stationary, no music and engine off

I initially installed a kill switch wired to the amp directly and routed under the drivers seat

Im low key salty about the company owner not reimbursing the deposit retainer labelling it as an issue on my end (total bs imho) but the sound system is really good
Appreciate 2
      04-18-2022, 08:45 AM   #11
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
The bass is very good on the integral audio setup, makes stock one feel cheap and shitty. Mids and highs are marginal improvements, not really blown away by them.

The whine, it's like static sound and you can only hear it when stationary, no music and engine off

I initially installed a kill switch wired to the amp directly and routed under the drivers seat

Im low key salty about the company owner not reimbursing the deposit retainer labelling it as an issue on my end (total bs imho) but the sound system is really good
Thank you for the feedback! Quite frankly it's all welcome. I am of course not familiar with your specific situation, but it sounds like you were hearing the amp being "on", which I believe the company is pretty transparent about, but of course, everyone's hearing and tolerance for "noise" is different. I'm pretty picky myself, so I hope to have some personal feedback once I get a break in my schedule to install.

Honestly, if we get the price down to $3k, there is nothing on the market that comes close at this price point.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 08:50 AM   #12
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
Quote:

Thank you for the feedback! Quite frankly it's all welcome. I am of course not familiar with your specific situation, but it sounds like you were hearing the amp being "on", which I believe the company is pretty transparent about, but of course, everyone's hearing and tolerance for "noise" is different. I'm pretty picky myself, so I hope to have some personal feedback once I get a break in my schedule to install.

Honestly, if we get the price down to $3k, there is nothing on the market that comes close at this price point.
https://streamable.com/bqh8jo

Here you can listen to it yourself

The system while great is a big chunk of change and this might be a deal breaker for some
Appreciate 3
      04-18-2022, 09:32 AM   #13
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

The system while great is a big chunk of change and this might be a deal breaker for some
That is a strange sound indeed...Not sure if I would care since I am never in my car with the engine off...and 99% music is playing.

I wonder if this drains battery
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 09:34 AM   #14
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That is a strange sound indeed...Not sure if I would care since I am never in my car with the engine off...and 99% music is playing.

I wonder if this drains battery
Won't drain battery, amp switches off with car

You hear this on ignition on but engine off
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 06:09 AM   #15
Kevin @ Integral Audio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i | Z3 2.8 | F30 328

Quote:

I truly encourage all of our customers to leave honest and thorough feedback. It is what helps us grow as a business. That said, this really leaves out a lot of detail which leaves us in a bad light. This is unfortunate given how much time and effort we spent supporting you. For the benefit of everyone else, a more complete story is that Dav3 reported getting noise from his tweeters (it is noise, not alternator whine) after installation. I personally spent significant time assisting him in troubleshooting (the troubleshooting was done at my direction, Dav3 had no idea where to look or even what he was looking for). I told him from the beginning that all signs pointed to an external source inducing noise into the system – some other aftermarket component, an external source proximate to the vehicle, or potentially even a faulty OEM component in the vehicle. I shipped him a new amp anyway – to Italy (!) – without any question, along with a paid return label for the original amp. When we bench tested the original amp, sold to Dav3, there was nothing wrong with it. I should note that we don’t make this amp – it is made by ARC Audio, and if there was a problem with it they’d replace it. Also, the odds of Dav3 receiving 2 ARC amps with the same defect are infinitesimally small. I also explained to David that the noise IS still present with the different amp he replaced it with – he simply doesn’t hear it because that amp has a lower gain structure and so it is not amplifying the noise to the same level. This also affects the balance of the rest of the system, since the gain relative the factory elements of the system as well as the subwoofer all end up off, resulting in inferior performance. We do the absolute best we can, but there are limits – we cannot and can’t be expected to find an issue with some unknown other piece of aftermarket gear or faulty OEM piece of equipment from 4500 miles away.

This forum has lots of other reviews, all of them positive, and not a single one of them reports the issue you had. It’s possible that they are all shills and I’m a liar, or maybe, just maybe you have an external source of noise that you weren’t able to track down and you decided it was easier to blame us for it. It is also beyond disingenuous to claim we didn’t refund your deposit – after applying your deposit you still have a balance due of about $300, which you refused to pay.

www.integralaudio.com
Appreciate 4
f80tanz233.50
dmanb2b2121.50
Budget M3125.00
      04-19-2022, 06:25 AM   #16
Kevin @ Integral Audio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i | Z3 2.8 | F30 328

Quote:

We deliver an amazing product. If you aren't absolutely thrilled you can always return it. I realize uninstalling and returning isn't nothing - but that is all that you are risking, against a very stellar track record and reviews. Dav3's situation was unique, no one else has encountered that. No company can guarantee anything a million percent, but we get as close as we can.

I'm here and happy to answer any questions if you have.

www.integralaudio.com
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2121.50
      04-19-2022, 07:19 AM   #17
Dav3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin @ Integral Audio View Post
I truly encourage all of our customers to leave honest and thorough feedback. It is what helps us grow as a business. That said, this really leaves out a lot of detail which leaves us in a bad light. This is unfortunate given how much time and effort we spent supporting you. For the benefit of everyone else, a more complete story is that Dav3 reported getting noise from his tweeters (it is noise, not alternator whine) after installation. I personally spent significant time assisting him in troubleshooting (the troubleshooting was done at my direction, Dav3 had no idea where to look or even what he was looking for). I told him from the beginning that all signs pointed to an external source inducing noise into the system – some other aftermarket component, an external source proximate to the vehicle, or potentially even a faulty OEM component in the vehicle. I shipped him a new amp anyway – to Italy (!) – without any question, along with a paid return label for the original amp. When we bench tested the original amp, sold to Dav3, there was nothing wrong with it. I should note that we don’t make this amp – it is made by ARC Audio, and if there was a problem with it they’d replace it. Also, the odds of Dav3 receiving 2 ARC amps with the same defect are infinitesimally small. I also explained to David that the noise IS still present with the different amp he replaced it with – he simply doesn’t hear it because that amp has a lower gain structure and so it is not amplifying the noise to the same level. This also affects the balance of the rest of the system, since the gain relative the factory elements of the system as well as the subwoofer all end up off, resulting in inferior performance. We do the absolute best we can, but there are limits – we cannot and can’t be expected to find an issue with some unknown other piece of aftermarket gear or faulty OEM piece of equipment from 4500 miles away.

This forum has lots of other reviews, all of them positive, and not a single one of them reports the issue you had. It’s possible that they are all shills and I’m a liar, or maybe, just maybe you have an external source of noise that you weren’t able to track down and you decided it was easier to blame us for it. It is also beyond disingenuous to claim we didn’t refund your deposit – after applying your deposit you still have a balance due of about $300, which you refused to pay.
To be brutally honest, I have given a very fair review over the product. I've said that overall it's a good system but unfortunately I've had a bad experience with an issue that wasn't resolved.

I've had multiple audio professionals look at the system after, and they all unanimously agreed that the issue was the noise floor of the ARC amp. If two different Amps provided the same results, then it is the amp.

Furthermore, by wiring the tweeters straight to the amplifier, the hissing noise was still present. This again, makes it obvious the issue is the amplifier.

The only credible other cause for hissing may be the grounding location. But different one's all around the cars chassis where tried with no result.

The entire car was stripped down, not exactly a fun experience, and no source of interference was found. Everything from removing aftermarket headlights, to coding changes to the stock HK amp to unplugging carplay antenna from head unit yielded no results. There is NO source of interference.

What annoys me more than anything is that you made me pay a deposit on the replacement amplifier which was never refunded, while the issue wasn't fixed. You insisted on having me pay the deposit, because clearly other buyers screwed you over, yet I end up getting screwed over. You kinda owe me 300$, not the other way around???. Absolutely false and mad to suggest i have any outstanding payments i refused to pay!?!?

And if anything, if you really stand behind your product, I'll sell it back to you for whatever you think its worth. Same applies to anyone else, I'm down to sell the entire system. Original packaging, perfect condition!

Last edited by Dav3; 04-19-2022 at 08:03 AM..
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2121.50
      04-21-2022, 01:42 PM   #18
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Bump, we have really good momentum and 25% should be within arms reach.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 06:39 PM   #19
Budget M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

At 25% off, the IA DSP Ultra is actually about the same price as BavSound’s complete system (speakers, underseat subs, amp) but the BavSound does not even include a true sub and DSP! I’ve had BavSound in many other vehicles and been very pleased with them, but the IA system in the F8x is way beyond anything else out there for this group buy price.

Compare BavSound
============
Ghost subs $600
Speaker replacements $950 (yes, you get more speakers than IA, but IA’s quality is arguably much better, and who really needs high end rear fill sound when you’ve got a tuned DSP system and trunk mounted subwoofer!)
Amp $1900
Total $3450 or about $3100 with their current 10% discount

Jus’ sayin’…..
'85 M635CSi Alpine w/buffalo; '03 M3 Conv, Imola
‘85 323i Baur; ‘02 X5 4.6is Estoril; ‘95 Racing Dynamics K30.4

Last edited by Budget M3; 04-21-2022 at 06:52 PM..
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2121.50
      04-23-2022, 10:20 PM   #20
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

So I just wrapped up the install this evening. Thrilled is an understatement. I was expecting some white noise with the amp being powered on, but there is zero or at least none that I can hear. I will hold off on a full review until I can get a few hours of listening in.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 10:44 PM   #21
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Grab a good set of headphones and have a listen. Mind you this was in car audio recorded with a plain old iPhone and then uploaded to YT. This isn't even close to how it sounds sitting in the cabin:

sample 1 (playing from Pandora)

sample 2 (USB - YT video converted to MP3 file)
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 09:55 PM   #22
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

I have to say, this has to be one of my top 3 mods on the car! Itkeep looking for an excuse to go out for a spin and explore more tracks :>). Still no odd noises, buzzing etc...other than bass shaking my rear seat shelf...lol. All joking aside, I hope the above concerns do get resolved, but this was a great investment for me. We are up to 9 group buy commitments, so it just a matter of time before we get #10 lined up. Thank you everyone...especially Kevin @ Integral Audio !
Appreciate 0