European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-06-2022, 08:32 PM   #1
jaymax
F30 328i Msports N20+ERDP+CP+TIC+FMIC+MPE+ JB4
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 BM3 Stage 2

ID4 to ID6 upgrade - AMP went wonkers

Greetings.

Just upgraded from ID4 to ID6 with a used HU while keeping most of the other hardware. Having intermittent issues with the AMP after the upgrade, the front driver channel is gone the rest of the channel seems fine. Had done re-calibration and re-initialized the AMP to no success. Occasionally on start-up, the i-drive boots so there's visuals but there is NO sound/audio. After a few min's, the audio comes on by itself. All other funny things happens like ASD comes on realy loud, some hissing sound from one of the twitters. Later swapped out another unit of Logic7 amp from a friend's car and voila... everything seems fine.

Wandering if anyone had the same experience and willing to share what options are available. Maybe a used unit from ebay for arnd USD400 or any cheap aftermarket options. I read in the forum that some ppl managed to salvage the amp by changing out the caps from a repair kit. So wandering what is the success rate for doing this.

TIA
Appreciate 1
lavon2.00
      06-20-2022, 09:12 PM   #2
jaymax
F30 328i Msports N20+ERDP+CP+TIC+FMIC+MPE+ JB4
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 BM3 Stage 2

anyone can share any thoughts? thanks
Appreciate 0