Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-23-2020, 10:07 AM   #23
SenorRoadRage
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 BSM F82

Just bought a stainless VRSF intake and will install next weekend or so and report back. I'm not in it for performance (there won't be any) but I am thinking the WHOOOOOOOSH is worth $200.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 11:09 AM   #24
Scott_S
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X5 35i, 16 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoNufff View Post
Just installed my VRSF intakes. Left side was a tight fit trying to get the MAF from not hitting the CF brace. If the MAF housing was placed more to the right like some of the other intakes it would be good. Other than that I like them, has a sweet SWOOSH sound :0, But like Tom was saying, they definitely get hot if your just if you're in stop and go traffic.
I had this same issue. Took some fitting to get the brace to fit properly.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 11:18 AM   #25
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_S View Post
I had this same issue. Took some fitting to get the brace to fit properly.
As far as i know and i might be wrong but the intake was revised a few months ago to improve fitment.

We are using the first version of this intake on the shops's M4 and have had no issues.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 03:46 PM   #26
Scott_S
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
As far as i know and i might be wrong but the intake was revised a few months ago to improve fitment.

We are using the first version of this intake on the shops's M4 and have had no issues.

That is the version that I have. The issue was getting it to sit low enough that the MAF plug didn't foul on the CF brace. I was able to get it to work, it just wasn't as smooth as I would have expected.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 02:28 PM   #27
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

The latest intake are a revised version with even better fitment.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 02:28 PM   #28
Bigsean714
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535i

Garage List
2022 bmw m3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
The latest intake are a revised version with even better fitment.
I switched to SSR, they are ALOT louder with the mesh intake.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:54 PM   #29
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
The newest intake has been revised to clear the brace and aid fitment

Please note that if you're looking for sound, you can swap the filters out relatively easily but please note that the mesh filters have caused quite a few confirmed turbo failures due to the lack of filtering on both the S55 and the S63 platform.
Appreciate 2
ntg442887.50
BlownOne172.00
      02-25-2020, 01:58 PM   #30
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Please note that if you're looking for sound, you can swap the filters out relatively easily but please note that the mesh filters have caused quite a few confirmed turbo failures due to the lack of filtering on both the S55 and the S63 platform.
THIS is great to know. Glad I took those filters off my car so soon. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 07:57 AM   #31
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4 comp

Quote:
The newest intake has been revised to clear the brace and aid fitment
Glad to know! Just ordered a set yesterday afternoon to be overnighted to Cali so I can get them on before my retune Friday! Thanks mike@x-ph.com!
      02-26-2020, 10:00 AM   #32
sna66
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808elise View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsean714 View Post
Hello everyone! I just wanted to see if anyone has installed the VRSF engine bay intake (not front mounts). I see they are selling for only $220 and I would really like some feedback from someone who has them installed. Picture from google is attached of the intakes I'm talking about. Any advice/review would be much appreciated! Thanks guys.
That's my car you have in the pic.

I have them on my M2C and they sound great. Fitment was great and I could not be more happy with them. Get ready for serious induction sound. My wife has no idea I have already modded the car but immediately asked the next day what the sound was. I had to tell her the car must be breaking in. Keep in mind the window were up and I can't drive hard with her in the car. It seems to me that as you break them in they gain a little sound as well. As for performance I couldn't tell as I also have VRSF catless down pipes and STG2 BM3. The car is beast mode both in sound and agility. I am patiently awaiting release of VRSF midpipe for M2C as I have been highly impressed by both the quality and fitment of their products for a fraction of the price the competition offers. If you have any interest in intakes I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on these.
Same thing with my wife, she was like why does the car look lower, what's that new sound, it didn't sound like that before... I keep making stupid excuses as well lol
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:46 AM   #33
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So after installing yesterday it appears fitment is still an issue on the passenger side. The straight coupler that was included should be an angled one as it shoots straight into the heat shield on the body. Even with the pipe fully shoved in the coupler and rotated as much as possible, it’s still touching the carbon brace.
      02-28-2020, 12:07 PM   #34
M4Viper
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownOne View Post
So after installing yesterday it appears fitment is still an issue on the passenger side. The straight coupler that was included should be an angled one as it shoots straight into the heat shield on the body. Even with the pipe fully shoved in the coupler and rotated as much as possible, it’s still touching the carbon brace.
Wish I saw this thread earlier. I bought their intakes also on 9/19.
Had the same issue, the MAP sensor will not clear the carbon brace. Spent hours trying to adjust in all angles. Multiple emails to CS with no reply, can't call them cause no contact number. I cut an inch off the bottom after that and it still won't clear, I gave up and it still sitting in the corner off my garage.

PS: their chargepipes doesn't fit well either...boost leak.
Attached Images

Last edited by M4Viper; 02-28-2020 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 07:01 PM   #35
TheirThere
867-5309
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP and E36 328i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron23 View Post
Had the same issue, the MAP sensor will not clear the carbon brace. Spent hours trying to adjust in all angles. Multiple emails to CS with no reply, can't call them cause no contact number. I cut an inch off the bottom after that and it still won't clear, I gave up and it still sitting in the corner off my garage.

PS: their chargepipes doesn't fit well either...boost leak.
i ran into the same issue.
first, i was told that i had the revised pipes, when i questioned the fitment, i was told that i needed to try harder, then i was told that i didn't have the revised pipes.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 05:03 AM   #36
sicck_m4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Yas Marina M4

Bought mine in October. Fitment was on point. Price and quality is really good. Install was very easy and straight forward.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 08:14 AM   #37
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep

^i don’t see the maf on the passenger pipe so that tells me it’s crammed underneath the carbon brace, which is the fitment issue I’m referring to.
      03-02-2020, 02:46 PM   #38
Scott_S
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I have taken mine off and re-installed a few times now after doing plugs and there really isn't a "good" way to get it to fit. The passenger side tube is at a weird angle in the coupler and just held in by tightening the clamp at the weird angle. Pretty disappointing because it doesn't seem like a difficult piece to engineer for good fitment.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 02:59 PM   #39
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

You guys might want to considering buying a silicone pipe with a 30 or 45 degree bend to it. Just cut it to length and reuse the clamps and discard the coupler that comes with the intake. It helped when I had my VRSF intake. I since sold my VRSF intake and got the injen short ram intake and that one too has very slight fitment issues. Not sure if there are any intakes that don't have this issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 06:22 PM   #40
M4Viper
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 ZCP

How hard is it to move the MAF sensor connector 1-2 inches to the right?
Maybe they mass produced already and just don't care...waiting for bottom off the barrel sales.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 07:16 PM   #41
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Anyone having issues with fitment, please send over a picture of your passenger side pipe and we'll confirm whether or not you have the updated pipe or not.

This issue has been corrected for a few months now and we've supplied about a dozen or so replacements to customers and they have confirmed it has resolved their issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 07:19 PM   #42
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron23 View Post
Had the same issue, the MAP sensor will not clear the carbon brace. Spent hours trying to adjust in all angles. Multiple emails to CS with no reply, can't call them cause no contact number. I cut an inch off the bottom after that and it still won't clear, I gave up and it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_S View Post
I have taken mine off and re-installed a few times now after doing plugs and there really isn't a "good" way to get it to fit. The passenger side tube is at a weird angle in the coupler and just held in by tightening the clamp at the weird angle. Pretty disappointing because it doesn't seem like a difficult piece to engineer for good fitment.
Please e-mail support@vr-speed.com with a picture of the MAF fitment and we'll confirm whether the revised pipe was sent correctly.

Worst case we'll be more than happy to jump back to the drawing board and rip apart the shop car and get the intake revised once again.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #43
sicck_m4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Yas Marina M4

Quote:
^i don’t see the maf on the passenger pipe so that tells me it’s crammed underneath the carbon brace, which is the fitment issue I’m referring to.
That's correct. The MAF is under the brace with a decent gap and is NOT rubbing.

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 08:43 AM   #44
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Please e-mail support@vr-speed.com with a picture of the MAF fitment and we'll confirm whether the revised pipe was sent correctly.

Worst case we'll be more than happy to jump back to the drawing board and rip apart the shop car and get the intake revised once again.
I emailed you this morning. Will snap a pic and send when I leave the house. Honestly a 20-25* coupler would solve the issue easily, more so than changing the piping.
I do want to add that audibly the turbos are slightly louder than charcoal delete and sounds good! I have gained one PSI of boost versus stock intake boxes so it’s picking up power for sure. Butt dyno concurs and I will have some draggy times in the next day or so to compare.