Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

08-29-2020, 10:13 AM   #23
pasta
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Frozen is so damn nice. Congrats and enjoy!

F82 ///M4 | Ducati 959 Panigale

Previous: E92 335i | E30 325i
Appreciate 1
Wanted_M759.00
      08-29-2020, 10:17 AM   #24
jfritz27
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 CS

Congrats... beautiful.

If you have the means, would get that baby fully covered in matte PPF. I would be obsessing over that finish, and given how finicky the frozen paints can be, that kind of peace of mind would be huge. Particularly if you plan to take it to the track.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 11:28 AM   #25
65fastback
Captain
Rep
Drives: every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVM3 View Post
Sorry to hear what happened. Do you mind sharing what rear tires you have and how the accident happened? I have the ps4s and in hot weather, it seems fine with DSC off as long as I'm going straight and starting in second gear. First gear is difficult to get traction and i usually end up having to shift the dct early into second.
Sorry about the thread derail beautiful frozen blue!!!!

OEM MPSS with about 60-65% tread depth, tires were still cool/cold but it was sunny and mid 70s. asphalt surface.

I had just put on my new spacers ( 12m & 10mm ) and was going for a quick test drive.
sitting at a light to get on the freeway on ramp, there is a very sharp almost 180 degree right turn/bend in the road before it turns into a straight on ramp so...i had someone in front of me ( in a toyota prius of all things ) once the light turned green we sat there dude was looking at his phone or something i decided to press M2 button he finally decided to go as the car behind me started honking. As we go thru the light and start in the sharp 180 bend onto the on ramp i decided to "mat" and go around using the carpool lane on our left to pass him, we were at the very end of the bend but not quite straight and my car instantly lost all traction, my rear end came around so quick i thought a wheel came off or broke a axle.
I plowed into a guardrail going maybe 5 to15 MPH hard to say. No airbags just drove home and to the body shop the next day.

I get embarrassed every time i think about it, and wasn't going to mention it to the world but i think if my stupidity can help one person from doing the same i guess its making good out of some poor judgment on my part.

Been in 1 accident in my whole life and that was not my fault. previous cars C7 corvette z51, 13 e92 M3 , C63 AMG, scat pack challenger 392, 13 bmw 550.
500+ HP 65 mustang fastback bracket racer/street rod.

Last edited by 65fastback; 08-29-2020 at 11:40 AM..
Appreciate 2
doug_9992541.50
      08-29-2020, 01:36 PM   #26
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post

OEM MPSS with about 60-65% tread depth, tires were still cool/cold but it was sunny and mid 70s. asphalt surface.

I had just put on my new spacers ( 12m & 10mm ) and was going for a quick test drive.
sitting at a light to get on the freeway on ramp, there is a very sharp almost 180 degree right turn/bend in the road before it turns into a straight on ramp so...i had someone in front of me ( in a toyota prius of all things ) once the light turned green we sat there dude was looking at his phone or something i decided to press M2 button he finally decided to go as the car behind me started honking. As we go thru the light and start in the sharp 180 bend onto the on ramp i decided to "mat" and go around using the carpool lane on our left to pass him, we were at the very end of the bend but not quite straight and my car instantly lost all traction, my rear end came around so quick i thought a wheel came off or broke a axle.
I plowed into a guardrail going maybe 5 to15 MPH hard to say. No airbags just drove home and to the body shop the next day.

I get embarrassed every time i think about it, and wasn't going to mention it to the world but i think if my stupidity can help one person from doing the same i guess its making good out of some poor judgment on my part.

Been in 1 accident in my whole life and that was not my fault. previous cars C7 corvette z51, 13 e92 M3 , C63 AMG, scat pack challenger 392, 13 bmw 550.
No worries man, I don't get all butt hurt over stuff that easy. As long as we put out good info I don't mind
Appreciate 1
65fastback1137.00
      08-29-2020, 01:40 PM   #27
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritz27 View Post
Congrats... beautiful.
If you have the means, would get that baby fully covered in matte PPF. I would be obsessing over that finish, and given how finicky the frozen paints can be, that kind of peace of mind would be huge. Particularly if you plan to take it to the track.
For sure, I am going full coverage in XPEL stealth but regular XPEL on CF roof, and CF spoilers. I'm going to schedule an appt with Elite Auto Films in Fremont. Also installing EXOSHIELD on windshield for protection. Expensive as heck but well worth it, trying to match this paint will be painful due to rock chips!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 11:07 AM   #28
65fastback
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVM3 View Post
Sorry to hear what happened. Do you mind sharing what rear tires you have and how the accident happened? I have the ps4s and in hot weather, it seems fine with DSC off as long as I'm going straight and starting in second gear. First gear is difficult to get traction and i usually end up having to shift the dct early into second.
BTW, i just got a set of PS4s installed 2 days ago,( had them on my C63) and hands down my favorite year round street performance tire.
I went with a 295/30/20 in the rear and 265/30/20 up front,

OP I highly recommend this over the stock MPSS for that frozen beauty of yours! WAY more grip in every way and slightly less road noise.
Appreciate 1
DML967.50
      08-30-2020, 06:51 PM   #29
IVM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
BTW, i just got a set of PS4s installed 2 days ago,( had them on my C63) and hands down my favorite year round street performance tire.
I went with a 295/30/20 in the rear and 265/30/20 up front,

OP I highly recommend this over the stock MPSS for that frozen beauty of yours! WAY more grip in every way and slightly less road noise.
I really appreciate you sharing your unfortunate accident. It is a good cautionary tale as I try to learn the limits. Even with ps4s, in an empty parking lot, if I turn and go WOT in 2nd gear, I usually end up spinning the car. I can only recover if I let off to partial throttle very quickly. I feel like my driving skills are lacking, at least with a powerful rwd car. Glad you got it fixed and nobody got hurt.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 02:14 AM   #30
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

beautiful color!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 02:32 PM   #31
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep

^^ Lol @ your screen name. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 08:03 PM   #32
AR_Motorwerkz
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW F82 M4, BMW WIDEBODY F13

Welcome to the club Any future mods in store?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 09:48 PM   #33
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Motorwerkz View Post
Welcome to the club Any future mods in store?
I am but I know the S55 has issues with crank hub, I just ordered CBC and planning on stage 1 tune (with meth) for now with HAS and spacers. Then install crank hub in Spring and move to stage 2 and go from there.
What do you recommend?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 01:17 PM   #34
65fastback
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted_M View Post
I am but I know the S55 has issues with crank hub, I just ordered CBC and planning on stage 1 tune (with meth) for now with HAS and spacers. Then install crank hub in Spring and move to stage 2 and go from there.
What do you recommend?
Curious....do you plan on any type of track use for all the extra power your after? Or just fun on the streets?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 07:35 PM   #35
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Hey fastback, I'm planning on both but my favorite thing to do is ripping it thru canyon's in Norcal.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 10:52 PM   #36
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
This.
Second or third time I gave it the beans with TC off completely, this is my first turbo car everything else has been n/a , Takes a lot of getting used to... Never stab the gas unless you're absolutely going straight.
Btw... That's 20K in damage If you're at a high-end body shop which I was.
Op congratulations

But why are you Modding a CS?

It's a CS...

Your money your car... don't listen to me.

@65 thanks for your transparency and honesty.

Whenever I see a new M owner pop on the board and the first thing they want to do is tune.

I say turn off the drivers aids and floor it for 12 seconds.

If you're not scared and don't crash get a tune.

I've logged 30,000 miles and I'm still learning the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 11:15 AM   #37
65fastback
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Op congratulations

It's a CS...

Whenever I see a new M owner pop on the board and the first thing they want to do is tune.

I’m pretty conflicted on The idea of adding more power to any F8x.

Like you say, turn off all the nannies Let it rip! That should be enough entertainment for most owners / car enthusiast especially on public roads regardless Of your driving skills/abilities .

But..... Power is addicting and everybody always wants more no matter what power level you start at.

I can’t get myself to judge someone for wanting to add power but for this particular chassis and motor combination it does seem to be a bit overkill.
This is part of what I like about this car, Out of the box this car is a beast, I made a mistake and it bit me in the ass, I love the sketch factor this car delivers.

Be safe out there!

Last edited by 65fastback; 09-04-2020 at 11:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 07:25 AM   #38
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c 2019 M3cs

Quote:

Next time just leave the mustang driving for your mustang... glad you’re okay though. Cars can be replaced.

Gorgeous car OP!
Appreciate 1
Wanted_M759.00
      09-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #39
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Op congratulations

It's a CS...

I'm pretty conflicted on The idea of adding more power to any F8x.

Like you say, turn off all the nannies Let it rip! That should be enough entertainment for most owners / car enthusiast especially on public roads regardless Of your driving skills/abilities .

But..... Power is addicting and everybody always wants more no matter what power level you start at.

I can't get myself to judge someone for wanting to add power but for this particular chassis and motor combination it does seem to be a bit overkill.
This is part of what I like about this car, Out of the box this car is a beast, I made a mistake and it bit me in the ass, I love the sketch factor this car delivers.

Be safe out there!
I hear ya bro

Had my ass kicked in traffic by some dude in. 2019 lowered Accord Sport. Even with my 400+ HP I was no match... granted it was tight traffic but still...

Extra HP did not help me at all.

On the other side I whipped up a c63 and a scat pack 492 charger

I'm 100% stock

Not judging at all I get it 🦅

I just don't want anything go wrong and need repair and what not.

I've found driver skill and suspension and tires make the cars power more accessible.

To me the CS is top of the food chain as Far as stock street performance.

I think you'll get more enjoyment out of better tires and suspension tune.

The tune is like drugs; it's an easy hit 😆
Appreciate 1
65fastback1137.00
      09-05-2020, 09:29 PM   #40
65fastback
Captain
Rep

I just won't own a modern german sports car with out a warranty...its just that simple.

BTW most of you guys have no idea what its like to drive or turn a old car into a 10 second ride like i have, you can crack all the " mustang " jokes all you want its cool. I can take it.
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3396.00
      09-05-2020, 10:23 PM   #41
maddmatth
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, E92 335i

Quote:
I’m pretty conflicted on The idea of adding more power to any F8x.

I can’t get myself to judge someone for wanting to add power but for this particular chassis and motor combination it does seem to be a bit overkill.

Be safe out there!
At the very least, you should be able to control a power-slide on stock tune before you tune the car.
What's the point in adding power if you haven't tested and made sure you can control the car's limits at stock power levels...

Also stock tyres can hardly put the power down so unless you're running wider wheels, semi-slicks or something what's the point? Highway drag race pissing contests?

Tuned the shit out of my 335i... but when I'm in the M4 and gun it in 2nd and 3rd gear... I think it's enough. Also I wouldn't want to add any turbo lag - the amazing responsiveness this car has is one thing that makes it so great to drive.
The 335i lost a bit of that as the tune got more aggressive...

Once I've had this car for a while I'll consider a CS tune. I don't think I want to shorten the engine and turbo's lifespan with an aftermarket tune - one thing we don't like to talk about around here, this power doesn't come free.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 10:46 PM   #42
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep

More pics from today, back on topic folks.

Appreciate 2
spuntyb4054.50
c12h231.00
      09-06-2020, 07:39 AM   #43
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Stunning
Appreciate 1
Wanted_M759.00