Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

10-02-2016, 04:57 PM   #331
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep
Drives: GT4

Haha, no thats not me😆
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2016, 04:58 PM   #332
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post
Is this you as well ?

that's me with Jorg from bmw m
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2016, 01:06 AM   #333
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep

The One at Nur. This One. There is 3 GTS in this pic. The grey inside Test center do not show well in this pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
Which m garage? The one at the nurburgring or the one under the m studio? I've been to both earlier this year.
Appreciate 2
M4_GTS1152.50
      10-03-2016, 08:00 AM   #334
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep

Here a lap with another friend also in a GTS. I drive my GTS (camera car) Just having fun on the Touristlaps. You cant go fast on TF, to crowded.

Appreciate 1
      10-08-2016, 02:14 PM   #335
scoale
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 /M2C/540

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 BMW 540  [0.00]
2013 Porsche Boxster S  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Everything View Post
MotorTrend gets car........OH MUSTANG AND CAMARO ARE FASTER!!!

Chris Harris gets car...........M4 GTS is gift from GOD!

Zero F***ks Given about MotorTrend opinion.
Chris Harris just shit on car in Top Gear comparo
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #336
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Everything View Post
MotorTrend gets car........OH MUSTANG AND CAMARO ARE FASTER!!!

Chris Harris gets car...........M4 GTS is gift from GOD!

Zero F***ks Given about MotorTrend opinion.
Chris Harris just shit on car in Top Gear comparo
Lol yeah, here's what Harris said about the GTS:

- GTS was mostly aloof, the steering felt more inert than the standard car's. The Michelin Cup 2s never quite bite and gripped as I expected.

- Boasting a sizable 62bhp increase over the standard M3 but the Alfa felt more potent and even the M2 didn't feel that much slower.

- Was the car healthy? I'm not so sure and the chassis balance wasn't great either. Too much understeer first and quite wild oversteer as you attempted to power through it. Once it as at full yaw it never felt as settled and easy going as the Alfa and C63.

-Compare to 991 GT3 RS? Don't even go there, the Porsche would chew this thing up and spit it out. I was looking forward to the GTS and I just hope I caught it on a bad day.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 05:15 PM   #337
johnr265
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Well, I don't think it is at all fair to compare the car to the 488, Mclaren, or 991R as they are either unobtainium or triple the price or both.

As to the Alfa, that is a different story. However, balance on any car is so subjective and setup makes such a ridiculous difference. For example, I have a Z28 Camaro as well. Stock it handled nicely but really didn't have much grip nor were it's lap times too impressive. I put on the minimum amount of parts necessary for a proper alignment and the car turned so well afterwards that it seemed to literally lunge through the turns, glued to the track like a fly to flypaper. Lap times dropped by 2 seconds on a short 1.7 mile track. Power oversteer was sublime and control of the car a simple extension of your arms and brain. I had recently stopped tracking it so decided to put the car back to stock alignment. The car now understeers heavily, power oversteer leads to an awkward, difficult to control slide that alternates between wild oversteer and awkward understeer. In short, balance now sucks (note, this is purely an alignment difference as I left the aftermarket parts on which included toe arms, trailing arms, and camber plates. I will probably split the difference in the end as I am now not enjoying the car with that alignment where before I absolutely adored it.

The point of this is, the GTS feels really good on the street with the stock alignment and if on the track, it is not balanced, surely with the over 1 million different shock and alignment settings, it can be dialed out. I actually think after driving a few hundred miles that the factory alignment is QUITE good but even if that proves not to be the case on the track, I am certain it is no fatal flaw and will be fixed by those that are putting it through it's paces via trial and error. I am loving this car so far and my frame of reference includes the hallowed 2011 997 GT3 RS.
Appreciate 2
M4_GTS1152.50
VCP1390.00
      10-08-2016, 08:28 PM   #338
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr265
Well, I don't think it is at all fair to compare the car to the 488, Mclaren, or 991R as they are either unobtainium or triple the price or both.

As to the Alfa, that is a different story. However, balance on any car is so subjective and setup makes such a ridiculous difference. For example, I have a Z28 Camaro as well. Stock it handled nicely but really didn't have much grip nor were it's lap times too impressive. I put on the minimum amount of parts necessary for a proper alignment and the car turned so well afterwards that it seemed to literally lunge through the turns, glued to the track like a fly to flypaper. Lap times dropped by 2 seconds on a short 1.7 mile track. Power oversteer was sublime and control of the car a simple extension of your arms and brain. I had recently stopped tracking it so decided to put the car back to stock alignment. The car now understeers heavily, power oversteer leads to an awkward, difficult to control slide that alternates between wild oversteer and awkward understeer. In short, balance now sucks (note, this is purely an alignment difference as I left the aftermarket parts on which included toe arms, trailing arms, and camber plates. I will probably split the difference in the end as I am now not enjoying the car with that alignment where before I absolutely adored it.

The point of this is, the GTS feels really good on the street with the stock alignment and if on the track, it is not balanced, surely with the over 1 million different shock and alignment settings, it can be dialed out. I actually think after driving a few hundred miles that the factory alignment is QUITE good but even if that proves not to be the case on the track, I am certain it is no fatal flaw and will be fixed by those that are putting it through it's paces via trial and error. I am loving this car so far and my frame of reference includes the hallowed 2011 997 GT3 RS.
I've seen more track than street with my GTS. I also have a M4 and 700hp E92 M3. I just don't get this from Chris. Oh well. To my humble self it is a long long way ahead of M4 and E92 on track mostly. Loving mine also. Minimal under steer other than what you want and over steer is no concern. Maybe he's all Sports + bullshit. For me the sport and on some tracks efficient are the optimum choices engine dynamics. Steering always sport for me. I also let Schnell325 drive my GTS on track. His muffled words out of his helmet climbing out were priceless! " it's a completely fucking different car!"
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 09:07 PM   #339
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post
I've seen more track than street with my GTS. I also have a M4 and 700hp E92 M3. I just don't get this from Chris. Oh well. To my humble self it is a long long way ahead of M4 and E92 on track mostly. Loving mine also. Minimal under steer other than what you want and over steer is no concern. Maybe he's all Sports + bullshit. For me the sport and on some tracks efficient are the optimum choices engine dynamics. Steering always sport for me. I also let Schnell325 drive my GTS on track. His muffled words out of his helmet climbing out were priceless! " it's a completely fucking different car!"

Having had just ran a few laps all out in my lightly modded M3, I had the chance to drive VCP's GTS, albeit at 7/10th (purely out respect to him and his car). The steering is completely and utterly amazing on the GTS. Not sure what crack Harris was on, but I will skip my hit on his pipe.
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 1
VCP1390.00
      10-08-2016, 09:10 PM   #340
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post

Having had just ran a few laps all out in my lightly modded M3, I had the chance to drive VCP's GTS, albeit at 7/10th (purely out respect to him and his car). The steering is completely and utterly amazing on the GTS. Not sure what crack Harris was on, but I will skip my hit on his pipe.
Your 10/10ths are coming soon! What a Christmas this will be!
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2023, 11:26 AM   #341
MG3296
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
No, pretty specifically, you were taking shots at Pobst for being past his prime in an attempt to explain why the M4 GTS time is slower than you expected.

It's easy to talk a big game from behind a keyboard, but just because you've run some tourist days doesn't mean you have a shot at taking out a pro driver, even around a circuit as long and complicated as the Nordschleife. Nothing would make me happier than to see him take you up on your challenge, but I doubt you'll register on his radar.

In other words, your delusions about your abilities are about as sound as the ones you have about the M4 GTS.
Agreed. Just look at Robert Kubica’s few laps around the ring in the Apex M4 while also considering it was his first time on the ring.
Appreciate 0