ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

09-04-2023, 07:34 PM   #23
mdarnold
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveishi View Post
Yep. After my experience I stand by my advice to just dump out the tank when you buy one and start with fresh water and a fresh filter. Took 3 filter changes for me to get all of the residue out of the system so it could start flowing again.
Did you do any of the ISTA tests? When/how did you do the filter changes?

Story: I just bought my GTS a couple of months ago and did a track day 2 weeks ago and it didn't use any water. Pulled a single code, 124015, Water injection, working area: Pressure area too low. Which I hope is just the water filter. I just did my first one and there was a bit of gunk on the bottom of the filter, but not a ton.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 03:39 PM   #24
daveishi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdarnold View Post
Did you do any of the ISTA tests? When/how did you do the filter changes?

Story: I just bought my GTS a couple of months ago and did a track day 2 weeks ago and it didn't use any water. Pulled a single code, 124015, Water injection, working area: Pressure area too low. Which I hope is just the water filter. I just did my first one and there was a bit of gunk on the bottom of the filter, but not a ton.
I didn't run any ISTA tests, just noted how water wasn't being consumed. I basically checked the filter after each opportunity to run the car at WOT, if it had build up I would change it which it did about 3-4 checks in a row, then after that it started consuming water and would only have build up after 1-2 track days.

It never threw a CEL or any error so I never scanned it for codes. My advice would be to run it at WOT as much as you can and check the filter after. Also look down into the opening below the filter to see if there is any build up in there, I used a shop vac and tweezers to pull some out a few times.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 09:54 PM   #25
mdarnold
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveishi View Post
I didn't run any ISTA tests, just noted how water wasn't being consumed. I basically checked the filter after each opportunity to run the car at WOT, if it had build up I would change it which it did about 3-4 checks in a row, then after that it started consuming water and would only have build up after 1-2 track days.

It never threw a CEL or any error so I never scanned it for codes. My advice would be to run it at WOT as much as you can and check the filter after. Also look down into the opening below the filter to see if there is any build up in there, I used a shop vac and tweezers to pull some out a few times.
Thanks! This gives me some hope that I don't need a new water block. The local dealership said there isn't much they can do without a CEL.

Last edited by mdarnold; 09-11-2023 at 09:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 01:24 PM   #26
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

As far as I know, no one has posted the ista tests
I'd love to do them if they are available!
Appreciate 0