Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-29-2021, 09:12 PM   #23
Ck1720
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
Very jealous. It looks great. It would have been mine if you were 1 day slower to click buy. Enjoy it!
Thanks! So this car was available, then went pending (I was bummed), and then popped back up available again and I jumped on it.

There were a couple M3s on Carvana I was watching and I'd get the alert. Car would go pending within minutes. Market is crazy!!! Especially for the manual fun cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 09:29 PM   #24
CubicMeters
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ck1720 View Post
Thanks! So this car was available, then went pending (I was bummed), and then popped back up available again and I jumped on it.

There were a couple M3s on Carvana I was watching and I'd get the alert. Car would go pending within minutes. Market is crazy!!! Especially for the manual fun cars.
True that. I just picked up my (orange 2017 6MT) M3 from the dealership yesterday and it was the culmination of quite the arduous search. I knew every Mineral Gray 6MT comp package M3 that was for sale at a dealership in the country. Passed on two that ended up being more damaged/worn than I wanted. I started to get bummed that I wouldn't ever find one that was right for me, so I expanded my color options and saw a listing with no picture pop up, so I called. Salesman told me it was in unbelievable shape and I was blown away by the pics, so I put down a deposit on the spot.

Pumped this deal worked out for you, that blue is awesome. And those 666M wheels are just over the top.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 09:36 PM   #25
Ck1720
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubicMeters View Post
True that. I just picked up my (orange 2017 6MT) M3 from the dealership yesterday and it was the culmination of quite the arduous search. I knew every Mineral Gray 6MT comp package M3 that was for sale at a dealership in the country. Passed on two that ended up being more damaged/worn than I wanted. I started to get bummed that I wouldn't ever find one that was right for me, so I expanded my color options and saw a listing with no picture pop up, so I called. Salesman told me it was in unbelievable shape and I was blown away by the pics, so I put down a deposit on the spot.

Pumped this deal worked out for you, that blue is awesome. And those 666M wheels are just over the top.
Thanks! The blue is incredible and those wheels are killer.

I'm actually the most surprised by how livable and comfortable it is. I drove about 70 miles today between rural county roads + highway. I knew it was gonna rip and was worried about the comfort but it is the perfect daily for me.

Congrats on your new ride!

Last edited by Ck1720; 04-29-2021 at 10:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 06:47 AM   #26
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

The car looks fabulous, congrats! And great choice on that third pedal.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 08:09 AM   #27
CubicMeters
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
I'm actually the most surprised by how livable and comfortable it is. I drove about 70 miles today between rural county roads + highway. I knew it was gonna rip and was worried about the comfort but it is the perfect daily for me.

Congrats on your new ride!
100% agree. I drove it about 95 miles straight from the dealership back home, and I was also impressed. My previous Accord coupe had great seats so I was prepared for an adjustment period but it wasn't necessary.

Thanks an you too!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 11:20 AM   #28
Jlove
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 & E46 M3's

Quote:
It's finally here! Car came this morning.

I did have it checked out by my local indie mechanic and he said the car is super clean, no issues he can see mechanically. It drives great. This is the 3rd or 4th M3 I drove since I started shopping and is by far in the best condition (mostly 2015-2016s with 30-35k miles, all 6MT). 6MT is so smooth. Car drives like new. Interior looks like new minus some surface scratches on the climate control screen and some minor drivers side bolster wear. Don't think back seats were ever used.

Cosmetically - some of the driver's side bumper was painted. They did a nice job painting (matches great even in direct sunlight with the metallic flakes) but you can see some tape residue and overspray on the bottom of the headlight. Mechanics best guess is that previous owner nicked a parking divider and scratched it up. Found some yellow residue on the bottom with a deep scrape but that could also be from normal driving with low clearance. No evidence of them removing the bumper / hood or replacing any parts based on the tape lines and overspray on underside of headlight. Panel gaps line up perfect. Some rock chips from highway but to be expected with a used car. If I want it perfect I can remove the whole bumper and have painted by a reputable shop and fix all the scrapes, chips, etc. We'll see.

I'm surprised it made its way on the carfax. Shop must have reported it. If it wasn't reported I think I'd still notice because I'm OCD with my cars but if you don't know what you're looking for I doubt it. Especially from more than a foot away.

Car is staying with me and I can't wait to put a ton of miles on it. This one might stay around until the wheels fall off which hopefully won't be for a long time. Vroom overall was a positive experience. Easy to work with and staff is so friendly but their communication is less than adequate. Going radio silent after putting a decent amount of money down without giving a delivery date doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Once I had a date (money wired Thurs, received a date on Tues) it was smooth again.

So pumped!
Nice! I pick mine up tomorrow. Had CarMax ship it from Ohio. Can't wait to run it.
Appreciate 0