Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

07-29-2021, 09:35 AM   #45
tomas3314
Rep
Drives: SC 95 M3, 17' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EezyBeezy View Post
Been toying with the idea of tuning, not so much anymore..
Came across this thread as I am shopping for a tune, lol. Guess I will just stick to bolt on parts like a heat exchanger, lol.

So $20 for smog abatement? I have a 2017 so running out of time to pay that. First I have heard of that option. I am just tired of dealing with smog headaches, coming from owning a supercharged, engine swapped, headers, full exhaust track car/daily driver e36 M3 and paying to pass, lol.

Last edited by tomas3314; 07-29-2021 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 10:09 AM   #46
lvevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Evo 9, Focus RS

If you want a 50 state legal tune, Dinan sells their stage I - III tunes. Stage III requires their heat exchanger and intake, both of which are not street legal though. I think you can get away with a modified heat exchanger from state refs. I know others have said intercooler upgrades passed a state ref inspection. You can always remove the intake before smog checks I guess.
      07-29-2021, 12:43 PM   #47
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS

Weistec offers a stage 1 CARB approved tune. Is anyone here running it or have experience/feedback with them?
https://www.weistec.com/s55-ecu-tune.html
ARM DP's/Resonated Mid-pipe | SPL links | Hotchkis bars | JRZ RS2/camber plates | K&N | Koyorad HX | Powerflex purple | Rouge | Spiegler | Speed Eng. snorkel | Vargas CBC/hub | Wagner IC | xHP | Xpel stealth ppf
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 05:34 AM   #48
JD1100
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4, 4Runner

What ended up happening ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
We will see in the next couple of days as I need to get the new buyer of my car a smog certificate and I will go get tested. This makes me think that selling the car privately is a big headache and I'd rather lose a bit of money and just sell it to a dealer. ugh.

2016 M4 ZCP - ARM Downpipe, KW HAS, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0