European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA

06-02-2021, 02:52 AM   #4643
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
this is pretty good overall to understand the current shortages and it ain't what you think - pretty interesting info in here ... but the car market info is particularly interesting!

Why the shortage? The Toyota Production System.

@9min but the whole thing is good

Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      06-02-2021, 01:54 PM   #4644
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
FYI, people who wear masks are living in fear

Appreciate 3
minn1913970.00
Arcades8136.50
myzmak2415.00
      06-02-2021, 02:25 PM   #4645
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I posted this in another thread but thought I'd post it here too - I see this kinda shit everyday but aren't sure how prevalent it is elsewhere, I suspect not as much but

Anyway, it's a video from a few days I took by our library - these little units are roaming around all over and they all have various little ads on them like "Walgreen's Pharmacy Delivers!" In this case it was a local restaurant that's a few blocks away ... apparently there's a warmer in there to keep food warm so when it gets to your house it's hot.

kinda cool how it knows to stop at the exit of the little parking lot, make sure nothing is coming, and then it motors on its way. They're pretty smart about people, intersections, etc ...

Anyway, my question is, anyone else see these things roaming around or is it yet another valley bit of crazy?
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
      06-02-2021, 03:11 PM   #4646
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I posted this in another thread but thought I'd post it here too - I see this kinda shit everyday but aren't sure how prevalent it is elsewhere, I suspect not as much but

Anyway, it's a video from a few days I took by our library - these little units are roaming around all over and they all have various little ads on them like "Walgreen's Pharmacy Delivers!" In this case it was a local restaurant that's a few blocks away ... apparently there's a warmer in there to keep food warm so when it gets to your house it's hot.

kinda cool how it knows to stop at the exit of the little parking lot, make sure nothing is coming, and then it motors on its way. They're pretty smart about people, intersections, etc ...

Anyway, my question is, anyone else see these things roaming around or is it yet another valley bit of crazy?
Nope, but I'm not even in the cities and am still in a fairly rural area. But the cities are getting closer every year.

I wonder how that would do with MPLS/St. Paul's shit plowing, especially the sidewalks.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      06-02-2021, 07:25 PM   #4647
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
"Swimming in it" can't be one of them.
just trying to help you lemonade this stuff ...

On another note, how are the airports / flights / hotels? Amateur hour or what? Packed? What's the skinny?
Lucia airport was typically 3rd world, met expectations. There were very severe restrictions on the island concerning tourists. You really couldn't leave your hotel. You had to have a certified Covid driver take you on excursions. I don't think we could've gone to a local restaurant off the property. They took our temperature before every dinner, before we could be seated. They were pretty adamant about you wearing your mask indoors or outdoors, unless you're eating or drinking. The only place it really didn't happen, obviously, was around the pools and the beach.
St. Lucia was beautiful. Best snorkeling I have ever had. If you go there, just stay around sugar beach, or one of the sandals resorts, or near them. Our Resort was an old Club Med, probably built in 1975 or so, the Club Med closed down after 9/11. The property really hadn't been upgraded very much. I don't understand how on Costco they could give it a 4.4 out of 5. But we had a really good time, the food was decent, just like every other all inclusive. In spite of the kelp (much more than ocean beach in San Diego) on the beach, the water was very clear, and there really wasn't any kind of undertow. And the beach itself was actually very nice.

And I never want to connect to another flight in Miami ever again.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      06-02-2021, 08:40 PM   #4648
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Nope, but I'm not even in the cities and am still in a fairly rural area. But the cities are getting closer every year.

I wonder how that would do with MPLS/St. Paul's shit plowing, especially the sidewalks.
no problem

Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      06-03-2021, 06:43 PM   #4649
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Today's car spotting:

Muthafukin Geo Tracker ... 90s? Got to be ...

Bitchin E46 M3 vert, SUPER well maintained & modded:

Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
Arcades8136.50
      06-03-2021, 07:55 PM   #4650
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Observation of the day:

It's pretty easy to laugh at a clown with a flamethrower, but we all need to remember:

holy shit. That clown has a flamethrower.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      06-03-2021, 09:06 PM   #4651
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I also saw this today:

it looks insanely good - very sleek, very cool, very elegant, very badass ... all at the same time. I'd definitely get one.
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
      06-04-2021, 03:08 PM   #4652
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
I also saw this today:

it looks insanely good - very sleek, very cool, very elegant, very badass ... all at the same time. I'd definitely get one.
The big thing I hear about those cars, you better get to know your service tech really well. And Make sure they have nice loaners.

Absolutely beautiful cars though.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      06-04-2021, 03:11 PM   #4653
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
And check out the dealership going in across the highway near me:

https://www.kandiamerica.com/
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      06-04-2021, 03:59 PM   #4654
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
And check out the dealership going in across the highway near me:

https://www.kandiamerica.com/
What in the hell is THAT? Never heard of it!

EDIT: Hoooolllyyyy shit ... Chinese.
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
      06-04-2021, 07:07 PM   #4655
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
The big thing I hear about those cars, you better get to know your service tech really well. And Make sure they have nice loaners.

Absolutely beautiful cars though.
^This is what ultimately stopped me from getting one (and the possibility of AR not being around in the US). I came really close to picking one up to.
Appreciate 1
myzmak2415.00
      06-06-2021, 01:33 PM   #4656
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
We live in some strange times:
A homeless person refused a meal from me a few minutes ago.
I've seen dogs in the local grocery store on consecutive days now. I had never seen a non-service dog at a grocery store in my life before that.
Only one checker at Kroger yesterday, and one lady running five do it your self checkout counters. Bizarre . People were lined up 15 deep to get into either one. The labor shortage is real!

What's next, dogs and cats living together?
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      06-06-2021, 04:52 PM   #4657
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Hello? Hello? This thing on?

<nervously taps microphone….>

……uhhhh….hello?
      06-06-2021, 06:48 PM   #4658
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post

……uhhhh….hello?
MYZ! What's up buddy? How's it all goin there upstairs from us crack-house neighbors living below you?

Give us the report. kids, job, cars, life, covid, love language ... the whole carbuncle. let's hear it.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      06-06-2021, 07:17 PM   #4659
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

……uhhhh….hello?
MYZ! What's up buddy? How's it all goin there upstairs from us crack-house neighbors living below you?

Give us the report. kids, job, cars, life, covid, love language ... the whole carbuncle. let's hear it.
Hey GG!

Loooong time no chat or post from me (I know) - but happy to see the SSOTT (MK II) still going strong.

….as for what's up, you know, stuff.

Family? Good. Healthy. Has made it through the 'vid so far without anyone testing positive. Canada being a little slower to get the vaccines rolling, we are all good on 1st doses and just coming up to second doses in the next few weeks. I've been working from home since….uh….last March (like 6 days in the office in that time?) which has been grand. I spent most of the winter at our place in the mountains (on a ski hill) so had like 60+ days on the boards this winter. Which was awesome.

Work has been insanely busy - the best/worst thing about working from home is I am super portable BUT I am also always pretty much 'on' (this weekend is the first in a looong time I haven't really worked.). Don't mind it much as for the most part it has been great (did I mention the more than 1 million vertical feet of skiing I did this winter?) but….its certainly a thing.

Still driving the ole M3 ("Lucy") but actually very sparingly this winter. I literally still have a half tank of gas that I put in her in….uhhh….December.

BUT, in other news, as I prophesized years ago on the original SSOTT thread I am now on the cusp of realizing my full on wagon wet dream ("WWD") for short and have an E63 long-roof coming sometime in the next couple months. (Really looked at the RS6 too, which looks sooooooo lovely, but….I actually need the cargo *******

Otherwise, what else? I dunno. I continue to watch all the developments with the GQP down there. I remember when Trump was running in '16 and that Solstice guy thought I overstated how crazy the fucker would be. Man, if there is one person I would say "uhhhh, yeah, I fucking told you so" about, it would be him. But I think even I understated it (and my expectations were as low as imaginable)

Looking forward to a Rona free (lessened?) world. I am actually supposed to be heading to Finland next summer with my daughter so she can play some ringette (in the only other country that really plays it) so should try to find Lups over there….

How about you guys? What have I missed? Do you all want to vomit on the grille of the G80 as much as I do and HOLEE PHUQ how could they add 500 FUCKING POUNDS to my car to make that thing? I love BMWs but….I gotta say, that front end design was a big swing and a miss for me. I assumed I'd trade up Lucy for the new one but…..I think I'll hang on to her for a while longer. (Only about 58,000 km on her so far so, why not?)

How have you been? What has happened in your lives?

-myz.
minn1913970.00
Arcades8136.50
      06-07-2021, 04:01 PM   #4660
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

……uhhhh….hello?

Hey GG!

Loooong time no chat or post from me (I know) - but happy to see the SSOTT (MK II) still going strong.

Family? Good. Healthy. Has made it through the 'vid so far without anyone testing positive. Canada being a little slower to get the vaccines rolling, we are all good on 1st doses and just coming up to second doses in the next few weeks. I've been working from home since….uh….last March (like 6 days in the office in that time?) which has been grand. I spent most of the winter at our place in the mountains (on a ski hill) so had like 60+ days on the boards this winter. Which was awesome.

Work has been insanely busy - the best/worst thing about working from home is I am super portable BUT I am also always pretty much 'on' (this weekend is the first in a looong time I haven't really worked.). Don't mind it much as for the most part it has been great (did I mention the more than 1 million vertical feet of skiing I did this winter?) but….its certainly a thing.

Still driving the ole M3 ("Lucy") but actually very sparingly this winter. I literally still have a half tank of gas that I put in her in….uhhh….December.

BUT, in other news, as I prophesized years ago on the original SSOTT thread I am now on the cusp of realizing my full on wagon wet dream ("WWD") for short and have an E63 long-roof coming sometime in the next couple months. (Really looked at the RS6 too, which looks sooooooo lovely, but….I actually need the cargo *******

Otherwise, what else? I dunno. I continue to watch all the developments with the GQP down there. I remember when Trump was running in '16 and that Solstice guy thought I overstated how crazy the fucker would be. Man, if there is one person I would say "uhhhh, yeah, I fucking told you so" about, it would be him. But I think even I understated it (and my expectations were as low as imaginable)

Looking forward to a Rona free (lessened?) world. I am actually supposed to be heading to Finland next summer with my daughter so she can play some ringette (in the only other country that really plays it) so should try to find Lups over there….

How about you guys? What have I missed? Do you all want to vomit on the grille of the G80 as much as I do and HOLEE PHUQ how could they add 500 FUCKING POUNDS to my car to make that thing? I love BMWs but….I gotta say, that front end design was a big swing and a miss for me. I assumed I'd trade up Lucy for the new one but…..I think I'll hang on to her for a while longer. (Only about 58,000 km on her so far so, why not?)

-myz.
WWD? Lol, that's a great acronym! That Will be my most sought after car after my kids graduate from college. Nice choice in cars. And I hate most of the big grills too. Even though Audi does better with the big grills.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 07:03 PM   #4661
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Hey GG!

-myz.
Hmmm, nothing much really.

BMW is splitting it's own community in half with that dumb design. BP has been blocking all negative comments regarding the G8x and banning members from the G8x section because of it.

Personally moving away from BMW as a whole. That's about it.
      06-07-2021, 10:33 PM   #4662
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
Hey GG!

-myz.

BMW is splitting it's own community in half with that dumb design. BP has been blocking all negative comments regarding the G8x and banning members from the G8x section because of it.

Quote:
WWD? Lol, that's a great acronym! That Will be my most sought after car after my kids graduate from college. Nice choice in cars. And I hate most of the big grills too. Even though Audi does better with the big grills.
yeah, i said for years i was going to do it.

Wavered a bit. Canada has (well, had, as it is running out) an E53 AMG option too. Many of the same features as the 63 (including a not bad exhaust and a decent amount of HP (430) but quite a bit less $$$.

…..and i thought about that.

And the RS6 Avant really does look great. Really

….and we thought about that.

BUT fortunately one of our local Benz dealers let us drive a 63 wagon (owner's wife's car) and….yeah. it was just no comparison to the 53. The 53 was "nice" and "fine" the 63 made me giggle every time i hit a downshift to get snap crackle and pop. and punching it off the line made my F80 seem tame. very tame.

it will be a wonderful car. Plus i can haul 2 teens, a dog, and 4 sets of clubs. or skis. or whatever. and still blow the doors off anything that comes near me.

Quote:

yeah, I've only briefly looked at the G80 forum and it seems lots of strong opinions.

i actually took Lucy in for her January service (whoops!) today and was looking at some new 3 series (not an M3, but 440) with the new grille and….in person it looks better than in pictures, I guess, but it is still just not a great looking car.

and, of course, this is the M3 BMW decided to turn into a wagon.

(random aside, as a 3rd family car, I picked up a VW Golf Alltrack this fall so i could easily drive to/from the mountains in winter if i was heading out there on my own….so we are now a 2 wagon family and I'd happily have 3. If they made a C63 wagon, with a stick, I'd think about it…alas, we just have the C43 here . Do you guys get that down there?)

Interestingly, it seems the reviews on drivability are more positive than the original F8X reviews, even if everyone talks about how ugly the car is.

It really is strange how they decided to go sooooo extreme on looks here.

The weight is also an issue for me. Frankly, I'd look at an M2 for another car if i were looking…..

What else is going on? Anyone recently married/kids? Everyone survive the 'Rona?
      06-07-2021, 11:24 PM   #4663
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
yeah, I've only briefly looked at the G80 forum and it seems lots of strong opinions.

i actually took Lucy in for her January service (whoops!) today and was looking at some new 3 series (not an M3, but 440) with the new grille and….in person it looks better than in pictures, I guess, but it is still just not a great looking car.

and, of course, this is the M3 BMW decided to turn into a wagon.

(random aside, as a 3rd family car, I picked up a VW Golf Alltrack this fall so i could easily drive to/from the mountains in winter if i was heading out there on my own….so we are now a 2 wagon family and I'd happily have 3. If they made a C63 wagon, with a stick, I'd think about it…alas, we just have the C43 here . Do you guys get that down there?)

Interestingly, it seems the reviews on drivability are more positive than the original F8X reviews, even if everyone talks about how ugly the car is.

It really is strange how they decided to go sooooo extreme on looks here.

The weight is also an issue for me. Frankly, I'd look at an M2 for another car if i were looking…..

What else is going on? Anyone recently married/kids? Everyone survive the 'Rona?
We do have the C43 here as well as the C63 of course.

The G8x, for the most part is better. Most newer cars are better than the previous one when it comes to certain aspects. It is more stable, less erratic and more planted. Better steering and driving feel.

However, as everyone already said, the G8x lacks feeling and emotion. The ZF8 is no dual clutch and the car is nearly as big as a 5 series at this point. And of course, no one can overlook the fact that the car looks ugly. BMW, as a whole, has been blasted on every social media for how stupid the car looks, or any of their newer cars with that dumb front grille.

When it comes to cars, looks will always be a big part the car. Unfortunately, BMW choose the worse time to shove a very ugly design that pisses people off.

I don't personally believe BMW Corp has anything to do with how aggressive BP mods have been regarding criticisms on the G8x but it is extremely out of the ordinary but the reason why there are far more positive comments and nearly no negative comments is that the mods have banned the negative ones. All the dissenters have been posting on F8x Vs section lol. In fact, one thread grew to 300+ pages and have more views than the entirety of the G8x Sub Section, which is kind of sad.

I can't say I am the reason why minn got a Cayman GTS 4.0 but I would like to say I am part of it My allocation for my own GT4 went through this past weekend. Had a weird and sudden update for my lock in for my car but that was it. Don't think my delivery date will change but I will check later.

That's it. You didn't miss much because the BMW community is cannibalizing itself because of BMW.
      06-08-2021, 11:26 AM   #4664
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
We do have the C43 here as well as the C63 of course.

The G8x, for the most part is better. Most newer cars are better than the previous one when it comes to certain aspects. It is more stable, less erratic and more planted. Better steering and driving feel.

However, as everyone already said, the G8x lacks feeling and emotion. The ZF8 is no dual clutch and the car is nearly as big as a 5 series at this point. And of course, no one can overlook the fact that the car looks ugly. BMW, as a whole, has been blasted on every social media for how stupid the car looks, or any of their newer cars with that dumb front grille.

When it comes to cars, looks will always be a big part the car. Unfortunately, BMW choose the worse time to shove a very ugly design that pisses people off.

I don't personally believe BMW Corp has anything to do with how aggressive BP mods have been regarding criticisms on the G8x but it is extremely out of the ordinary but the reason why there are far more positive comments and nearly no negative comments is that the mods have banned the negative ones. All the dissenters have been posting on F8x Vs section lol. In fact, one thread grew to 300+ pages and have more views than the entirety of the G8x Sub Section, which is kind of sad.

I can't say I am the reason why minn got a Cayman GTS 4.0 but I would like to say I am part of it My allocation for my own GT4 went through this past weekend. Had a weird and sudden update for my lock in for my car but that was it. Don't think my delivery date will change but I will check later.

That's it. You didn't miss much because the BMW community is cannibalizing itself because of BMW.
Cayman GTS sounds lovely. Congrats minn19

and GT4 also sounds lovely. Congrats to you.

and that is crazy re the mods. I have now browsed a bit more and found the F8X vs thread you mentioned - hilariously long. longer than SSOTT II!

GG got banned for a meme? did it involve buck teeth? (as that is my reaction always)

and agreed looks matter. as i said, I damn near got an RS6 Avant based solely on looks.
minn1913970.00
Lups11819.50