Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-10-2021, 10:37 PM   #111
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Flex fuel seems the move since we can’t do the custom maps integrated with ots. My question is, if you run the flex and have E85, will we make as much power as the custom Paul and Cary tunes?
Definitely seems the way to go for now, assuming you dont have any custom tunes yet. Im trying to figure out what I need to run FF.

Hoping this changes in the future and we can create our own Roster of maps instead of the pre-determined ones.
      03-10-2021, 10:43 PM   #112
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
Definitely seems the way to go for now, assuming you dont have any custom tunes yet. Im trying to figure out what I need to run FF.

Hoping this changes in the future and we can create our own Roster of maps instead of the pre-determined ones.
I’ve already a Jordan tuned E85 map I’m running now which is why I’m hesitant. If I can achieve similar power and have freedom to pump 91-e100 in my tank and not look back I want it. If I sacrifice lots of power, I guess this whole update means jack shit to me.
Appreciate 1
TideMD291.50
      03-10-2021, 10:46 PM   #113
F80_Greg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP 6MT

Buddy of mine just confirmed rolling antilag works for his OTS stage 2 91 tune. Looks like us custom tune guys are shit out of luck for now. Either that or somethings wrong on my end
      03-10-2021, 10:50 PM   #114
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4h2o View Post
Got the same message. I could care less for antilag. Im in it for flex fuel and il gladly
Pay the $450
Flex fuel seems the move since we can’t do the custom maps integrated with ots. My question is, if you run the flex and have E85, will we make as much power as the custom Paul and Cary tunes?
That is a great question.. im going back and fourth with them and will find out. Thing that sucks
For me is i just recently bough jordans custom e85 tune in January. Havent even had a chance to data log and send it for revisions.. shit i havent even filled my tank with e85 yet.
Appreciate 2
      03-10-2021, 10:55 PM   #115
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’ve already a Jordan tuned E85 map I’m running now which is why I’m hesitant. If I can achieve similar power and have freedom to pump 91-e100 in my tank and not look back I want it. If I sacrifice lots of power, I guess this whole update means jack shit to me.
I would imagine you would sacrifice some power, as to a % I have no idea. The OTS are definitely going to be on the conservative side. Probably so conservative youll be disappointed.
      03-10-2021, 11:20 PM   #116
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep

I'm running OTS tunes still so I'm definitely looking at getting setup for FF just trying to see about installation instructions and the right items needed.
      03-10-2021, 11:52 PM   #117
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
I'm running OTS tunes still so I'm definitely looking at getting setup for FF just trying to see about installation instructions and the right items needed.
The Stg2 MultiMap on 70% E made 545WHP/575WTQ, and Cary prolly gets you 595WHP on 85% E.
      03-11-2021, 12:02 AM   #118
F80_Greg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP 6MT

Can anyone with a custom tune confirm they have converted over to the new Custom Rom map by clicking the button on their my maps page? I'd like to know if the issue I'm having is just with me or for all custom tunes, i have verified that OTS maps work with antilag.
      03-11-2021, 02:05 AM   #119
Marrow
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 comp & E46 M3 vert

Quote:
This launch does not seem to be going over well at all lol.
Agreed !
Like everyone I expected to be able to customise map slots I have no interest in anti lag tbh or flex fuel.

Long awaited update has been pointless for me and I imagine others feel the same.
I imagine it's a big pay day for tuners and PTF though.Thats what it's all about though I get that.
Maybe I miss read the pre release info and videos ?

Still a great platform
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2021, 07:37 AM   #120
BYT_M4C
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M4C, '73 Cuda, '98 RSTi

Spent the last hr pushing my car home.... After trying to flash my converted Rom last night and then stopping at the warning I posted on pg5, I figured it did nothing. I was wrong. It started fine last night and then this morning. I made it out of my driveway and down the hill before it started spitting and sputtering, then died and wouldn't start. I of course didn't have my laptop because (I thought) it didn't flash anything last night.

Opened the app on my phone and read codes, code for no electronic fuel pump found. Cleared it but still wouldn't start. My wife drove my laptop down to me so I could check with ista. Showed the car was in transport mode so I figured I would try and flash my regular f80paul tune. Couldn't flash with my phone because the app wasn't updated yet and it said I needed an updated version of obd agent. Couldn't get my laptop to connect to my phone's Hotspot to get into bootmod3.... Good start to the day lol

We gave up and decided to push it home. I have a dct car, took a good 5-10 mins to figure out a combination to trick it to stay in neutral. Then we pushed a 1/4 mile uphill. Didnt realize just how out of shape I was until this morning. When I made it back into my garage and had wifi available I flashed it with my regular F80Paul tune. It ended up doing a full flash, so eventhough I stopped it at the warning last night, it had still flashed SOMETHING to the car causing the issue. After the flash the car started up fine. I took the truck today to not chance something. I'll test drive it tonight with my laptop and MiFi with me this time!

Before someone asks why I didn't just drag it home, I have to fix that problem this weekend. We own a new duramax, which is great, but I have a sub in my trunk and the box just covers the trunk carpet enough that I couldn't flip it up to get the tow hook out. Box is securely mounted as well. So I need to spend an hr this weekend to get the hook out just in case I need it in the future

Cliffs: I'm a dumbass and should know better

Last edited by BYT_M4C; 03-11-2021 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 2
jpy19801581.50
      03-11-2021, 11:26 AM   #121
c4ss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 BMW M3 ZCP 6MT

Yikes. Probably holding off until these issues are worked out. I'm custom tuned too.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 11:34 AM   #122
BYT_M4C
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M4C, '73 Cuda, '98 RSTi

I think mine was more my own issue of not just forcing the flash with the custom ROM but I was nervous to brick it. Turns out I prolly should've just went ahead OR at the very least reflashed with the Paul Stg2 tune to be safe. Im talking with them now and waiting for Dzenan to get back to me still about the warning message.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 01:53 PM   #123
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Experiencing the same issue as Greg where anti lag on my custom tune doesn't do shit. This sure is quite the update...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 02:28 PM   #124
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
Experiencing the same issue as Greg where anti lag on my custom tune doesn't do shit. This sure is quite the update...
It works for me. No need to be a negative Nancy on every post you make its getting tiring reading them. I for one appreciate and applaud their enormous efforts in bringing all these features out after working so long on them. Sure there will be some kinks but just email them and they can check why it doesn’t work for you. They’re a great bunch with awesome customer service and haven’t left anyone hanging or ignored. My 2c
Appreciate 3
TideMD291.50
jpy19801581.50
      03-11-2021, 02:33 PM   #125
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrow View Post
Agreed !
Like everyone I expected to be able to customise map slots I have no interest in anti lag tbh or flex fuel.

Long awaited update has been pointless for me and I imagine others feel the same.
I imagine it's a big pay day for tuners and PTF though.Thats what it's all about though I get that.
Maybe I miss read the pre release info and videos ?

Still a great platform
Definitely a great platform. There was obviously just some miscommunication/interpretation. Im still pretty stoked about the update...only issue is it has me getting ready to spend big bucks on a Bend Calibration Flex Fuel system haha.
      03-11-2021, 02:47 PM   #126
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
It works for me. No need to be a negative Nancy on every post you make its getting tiring reading them. I for one appreciate and applaud their enormous efforts in bringing all these features out after working so long on them. Sure there will be some kinks but just email them and they can check why it doesn't work for you. They're a great bunch with awesome customer service and haven't left anyone hanging or ignored. My 2c
Lmao what are you talking about I made like 2 or 3 posts about all the features they mislead us on for the past 8 months. I would think I'm allowed to be a tad bit disappointed in this. I'm not even that concerned with anti lag, I was just looking forward to map switching which they told us would be free and that we can switch in and out any map we choose into the 4 configurable slots but none of that is true
Appreciate 1
F80_Greg135.50
      03-11-2021, 03:05 PM   #127
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
Lmao what are you talking about I made like 2 or 3 posts about all the features they mislead us on for the past 8 months. I would think I'm allowed to be a tad bit disappointed in this. I'm not even that concerned with anti lag, I was just looking forward to map switching which they told us would be free and that we can switch in and out any map we choose into the 4 configurable slots but none of that is true
Hi HyeM3
I'm sincerely sorry that you feel we mislead you as far as giving the end user the ability to self-bundle various maps into map slots. This is a feature that's been mentioned and asked about on the forum and, as we've said back then as well, we're looking into it as a feature. It isn't part of our initial release as we wanted to get everything out that has already been developed and working and not push dates out further. Hope that clarifies on it, although we realize that it may not have been in line with your expectations.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 03:11 PM   #128
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
I'm sincerely sorry that you feel we mislead you as far as giving the end user the ability to self-bundle various maps into map slots. This is a feature that's been mentioned and asked about on the forum and, as we've said back then as well, we're looking into it as a feature. It isn't part of our initial release as we wanted to get everything out that has already been developed and working and not push dates out further. Hope that clarifies on it, although we realize that it may not have been with your expectations.
If it's in the works then that's all that matters. Bugs and such with antilag are totally understandable. I was just afraid some features were never going to come, especially map switching. Just miscommunication on everybody's end I guess. Will be looking forward to it, do whatever you gotta do to bring that functionality to us👍🏼
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 03:13 PM   #129
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
This launch does not seem to be going over well at all lol.
In software/IT in general, we don't release on Fridays for these reasons. We avoided that but still had the inevitable although not as bad as some in past lives/projects all issues on this release have been sorted through though quickly yesterday and few minor left which are going out soon software releases and post-release kinks, like peanut butter and jelly
Appreciate 1
rborane241.00
      03-11-2021, 03:23 PM   #130
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
In software/IT in general, we don't release on Fridays for these reasons. We avoided that but still had the inevitable although not as bad as some in past lives/projects all issues on this release have been sorted through though quickly yesterday and few minor left which are going out soon software releases and post-release kinks, like peanut butter and jelly
No worries! Im still a fan and cant wait to flash it this weekend. Keep up the great work my dudes!
      03-11-2021, 04:54 PM   #131
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
It works for me. No need to be a negative Nancy on every post you make its getting tiring reading them. I for one appreciate and applaud their enormous efforts in bringing all these features out after working so long on them. Sure there will be some kinks but just email them and they can check why it doesn’t work for you. They’re a great bunch with awesome customer service and haven’t left anyone hanging or ignored. My 2c
Hows the antilag? Like what does it feel like? Do you do it on the freeway or on the road? Is it like pressing the NOS button? hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 05:27 PM   #132
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Hows the antilag? Like what does it feel like? Do you do it on the freeway or on the road? Is it like pressing the NOS button? hahahaha
Its so amazing when roll racing! You need to be careful with traction as torque hits instantly! It really surprised me. I think they set it up for 18psi on the OTS map. I can’t even imagine what its like if you turn it up to 25-30psi or higher if you go custom tune and on ethanol. Haven’t tried launch control with it yet but I have no room on the street for it in my area these days. Too dangerous. When you engage it you really hear the motor and turbo doing its stuff to make this happen and I love turbo sounds haha
Appreciate 3
jpy19801581.50
F80_Greg135.50