BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-29-2017, 06:50 PM   #1
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Recently I've noticed that the shifts don't feel as aggressive as it used too. It used to bang through the gears every time giving a shove in the back, but lately I've noticed this getting softer. No matter what RPM, I don't feel the shove as much anymore. It seems to get softer the harder I drive the car. Is the clutch slipping?

Is this normal?

I have a 17 zcp m3 with 3k miles. dp+jb4
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 01:17 PM   #2
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 04:26 PM   #3
LuckyTune
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
Recently I've noticed that the shifts don't feel as aggressive as it used too. It used to bang through the gears every time giving a shove in the back, but lately I've noticed this getting softer. No matter what RPM, I don't feel the shove as much anymore. It seems to get softer the harder I drive the car. Is the clutch slipping?

Is this normal?

I have a 17 zcp m3 with 3k miles. dp+jb4
I was thinking exactly this yesterday - first to second especially seems to slip a lot more than it used to. 2016 zcp with 5000 kms.

Not sure whether I'm just getting used to the car or t has actually changed?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 07:08 AM   #4
HighlyMedicated
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m340ix

I only feel the shove in the back on the lower gears near redline, 2-3 and 3rd to 4th, higher gears maybe 4-5 or 5-6k its not as harsh and never redlined 6-7 or id be going way over the speed limit!!! The only time my car feels super fast and back against the seat is in 2nd gear tho...my non CP was the same not so harsh on the upper ranges, I don't know why honestly. Maybe the gear ratios are longer in higher gears so not as much torque to feel the bruteness? I have no scientific explanation hopefully someone can chime in. The clutch shouldn't be slipping or else it would go out very soon but never had to do that up to 36k on my last M4. Hopefully someone can chime in but you shouldn't have to worry about anything slipping or breaking its normal to me. I honestly wouldn't want such force at higher speeds anyways as not to lose control going so fast if anything was to happen...
Appreciate 0