Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

12-12-2021, 01:20 PM   #23
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT / 2019 RDX A Spec

Decon wash today in preparation for a correction and protection. Products used are below.

- OG Decon Wash
-Adam's Iron Remover
-Nanoskin Fine
-Mothers APC 50/50
-Meguiars Hyper Dressing
-Detail Brush Kit
Attached Images

12-14-2021, 11:43 AM   #24
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

They approve
Attached Images

12-14-2021, 03:52 PM   #25
bensf82
@bensf82
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Looks like the crystal tube for your passenger side headlight is broken, hence the yellow outter DRL. Would try to get it replaced under warranty if you can
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 06:28 AM   #26
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensf82 View Post
Looks like the crystal tube for your passenger side headlight is broken, hence the yellow outter DRL. Would try to get it replaced under warranty if you can
Thanks for the insight. But I think it's just the angle of the picture. They're both super white
Attached Images

Last edited by Sp00nFedFilms; 12-15-2021 at 06:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 05:40 PM   #27
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Prepping the paint for polish tonight. I'm off this weekend and want to get it corrected and coated prior to vacationing.

-Taped using 3M precision
-Remove dealer sticker
-Wipe down with 50/50 IPA

I also scooped up a quick OEM accessory at the local dealer while I had the plate off for decontamination 👍🏻
Attached Images

12-16-2021, 05:41 PM   #28
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Continued.
Attached Images

12-16-2021, 06:19 PM   #29
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Nice work!

I was going to get an M plate surround, but when visiting my son at college I clearly had to rock his school colors. You know, dad stuff... WWU colors are an awesome blue that pops on the MW. So I am fine with it...

I am also looking to get my pant corrected and ceramic re-applied. Although Ceramic Pro apparently "Guarantees for life" their ceramic coat, the PO didn't go back the past couple of years, so they want to charge me $399 for a "refresh". Which doesn't sound too bad really.

Either way I am waiting until the winter is over. The brief rain season has started here in Cali, so the car is seeing less time out of the port.

Love the updates! KJeep em coming....

josh
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 06:28 PM   #30
bensf82
@bensf82
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00nFedFilms View Post
Thanks for the insight. But I think it's just the angle of the picture. They're both super white
I would love to be wrong in this case. From the pictures tho, I would just suggest taking a look at them in the dark (pitch black) if you haven't. Thats how I noticed it on mine, hopefully it is just lighting / angles.

Also forgot to say, but congrats on the car. Great spec
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 09:52 PM   #31
ElectroThermal
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80M3

Congrats on the beautiful car! Thanks for listing out your products for decon/correction. Have been watching a bunch of OG recently and slowly building up the confidence to try and tackle mine.
      12-16-2021, 10:40 PM   #32
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensf82 View Post
Quote:
I would love to be wrong in this case. From the pictures tho, I would just suggest taking a look at them in the dark (pitch black) if you haven't. Thats how I noticed it on mine, hopefully it is just lighting / angles.

Also forgot to say, but congrats on the car. Great spec
I absolutely will. Factory warranty expires 9/22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroThermal View Post
Congrats on the beautiful car! Thanks for listing out your products for decon/correction. Have been watching a bunch of OG recently and slowly building up the confidence to try and tackle mine.
Yeah Matt and his process has really grown me to the next level. I'll try and grab a shot of my current setup.
      12-16-2021, 10:44 PM   #33
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
Nice work!

I was going to get an M plate surround, but when visiting my son at college I clearly had to rock his school colors. You know, dad stuff... WWU colors are an awesome blue that pops on the MW. So I am fine with it...

I am also looking to get my pant corrected and ceramic re-applied. Although Ceramic Pro apparently "Guarantees for life" their ceramic coat, the PO didn't go back the past couple of years, so they want to charge me $399 for a "refresh". Which doesn't sound too bad really.

Either way I am waiting until the winter is over. The brief rain season has started here in Cali, so the car is seeing less time out of the port.

Love the updates! KJeep em coming....

josh
I would take advantage of that price or at least find out what's involved with it. I'd imagine just a strip wash and a reapply. If they're correcting it for that amount, jump on it asap. Unfortunately, no coating lasts more than a few years without getting all junked up so warranties really are irrelevant. You should look into Crystal Serum Light and EXO v4. Easy enough to apply that anyone can do it. The polishing process is where the labor is.
      12-17-2021, 09:18 AM   #34
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Mail came today. Even though I'll never open it I'm an OEM fanatic. I NEED to have all the proper documentation for the vehicle that would've been supplied as if I ordered the car new.
Attached Images

12-17-2021, 09:42 AM   #35
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Copy that. And thanks for the tips.

I admit, I have not done my due diligence on the upkeep of ceramic coatings. I am encouraged that it can be done by a DIY guy like myself.

There is a ton more backstory to my car as far as the exterior and overall dirtyness of the car when I bought it. Clearly the PO decided to dump the car as the work involved to clean up the car. Here is what I found when I finally got it home....

- yellowed PPF almost everywhere. It was gross. Took me probably 8-10 hours to get that stuff off. Thankful for a heat gun that day.

- some sort of glue redidue at every seam, especially where someone had removed the PPF but did a poor job of cleaning up the glue. Or didn't clean up the glue. As i am sure you know, the glue can be clear, and hard to see on a white car. Until it collects tons of dust. Probably 20 hojurs of work by me to get it all off.

- A fairly large scratch behind th gas filler door. I went to town with some scratch remover for now, and will follow up with tough up paint. I had a BMW paint shop look at it and they quoted about 5-8k. I laughed. Indy quotes are around 2-2.5k, which i may go for down the road. But for now, you can barey see it from 2 feet.

- Dusty, dirty engine compartment. Simle green, lotgs of agitation and lots of water and it looks new again.

- The passenger side wheels have some sort of coating on them. But the coating has turned black around the edges and on some of the spokes (437m), and i have not been able to remove it unless I use 2000 grit. I stopped there as I might as well have the wheels refinished if I am going to go that far. My short term plan is to dip them black for the winter, and then decide what to do in the spring. It is really odd though.It alomst looks like they were enar a fire, but they clearly were not. Apex wheels may be in my future...

- The unserside of the car was very dirty. I went to my fav coin op and spent 20 bucks ckeaning the underside of the car.

- I have spent hours getting the brake dust and road grime off the wheels and from inside the wheel wells. Hours.

- The tint was so dark i could not see out of the car at night. HAHA. So I removed all the tint cans the rear four rear windows. It it asesome to be able to see out of the car....ha.

Anyway, I think you get the idea. It has been very rewarding restoring this car and i still have a ton to do. The interior is thankfully prestine. Unfortunately, the car got hit and run a few weeks back on the front bumper. SUPER minor in the sceme of things, but still is a pain. I do get a freshlhy resprayed front bumper for muy insurance deductable, so I am sorta OK with that as it has a few minor scratches on the outside lower edges that will also be repaired. I will also get new PPF and ceramic under the repair order.

Sorry for the wall of words!
cheers!
josh
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 07:00 PM   #36
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
Copy that. And thanks for the tips.

I admit, I have not done my due diligence on the upkeep of ceramic coatings. I am encouraged that it can be done by a DIY guy like myself.

There is a ton more backstory to my car as far as the exterior and overall dirtyness of the car when I bought it. Clearly the PO decided to dump the car as the work involved to clean up the car. Here is what I found when I finally got it home....

- yellowed PPF almost everywhere. It was gross. Took me probably 8-10 hours to get that stuff off. Thankful for a heat gun that day.

- some sort of glue redidue at every seam, especially where someone had removed the PPF but did a poor job of cleaning up the glue. Or didn't clean up the glue. As i am sure you know, the glue can be clear, and hard to see on a white car. Until it collects tons of dust. Probably 20 hojurs of work by me to get it all off.

- A fairly large scratch behind th gas filler door. I went to town with some scratch remover for now, and will follow up with tough up paint. I had a BMW paint shop look at it and they quoted about 5-8k. I laughed. Indy quotes are around 2-2.5k, which i may go for down the road. But for now, you can barey see it from 2 feet.

- Dusty, dirty engine compartment. Simle green, lotgs of agitation and lots of water and it looks new again.

- The passenger side wheels have some sort of coating on them. But the coating has turned black around the edges and on some of the spokes (437m), and i have not been able to remove it unless I use 2000 grit. I stopped there as I might as well have the wheels refinished if I am going to go that far. My short term plan is to dip them black for the winter, and then decide what to do in the spring. It is really odd though.It alomst looks like they were enar a fire, but they clearly were not. Apex wheels may be in my future...

- The unserside of the car was very dirty. I went to my fav coin op and spent 20 bucks ckeaning the underside of the car.

- I have spent hours getting the brake dust and road grime off the wheels and from inside the wheel wells. Hours.

- The tint was so dark i could not see out of the car at night. HAHA. So I removed all the tint cans the rear four rear windows. It it asesome to be able to see out of the car....ha.

Anyway, I think you get the idea. It has been very rewarding restoring this car and i still have a ton to do. The interior is thankfully prestine. Unfortunately, the car got hit and run a few weeks back on the front bumper. SUPER minor in the sceme of things, but still is a pain. I do get a freshlhy resprayed front bumper for muy insurance deductable, so I am sorta OK with that as it has a few minor scratches on the outside lower edges that will also be repaired. I will also get new PPF and ceramic under the repair order.

Sorry for the wall of words!
cheers!
josh
Keep it up Josh. Sounds like you've really got your work cut out for you. Half the fun of ownership for me is just that, the ownership. Caring, cleaning and tinkering with the car.
      12-19-2021, 09:33 AM   #37
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Post correction, pre protection. The process was simple on this MW.

-Rupes Yellow Pad
-Sonax Perfect Finish
-5" on the entire car aside from bumpers & trunk
Attached Images

12-19-2021, 08:16 PM   #38
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

For those wondering, the OEM E9X indoor car cover fits perfectly. Like PERFECTLY. Very surprised. Found this on the forums and gave it a shot.
Attached Images

12-25-2021, 09:37 PM   #39
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Merry Christmas y'all.

Santa brought me something I'll be sure to put to use tomorrow!
Attached Images

12-25-2021, 09:45 PM   #40
Jhanksm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Comp

Nice
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 04:55 PM   #41
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Coating was simple per usual. If you're at all nervous about ceramic coating your own car, don't be. This stuff is easier than wax! Takes about 2 hours for the CSL. I like to wait at least 24 hours before I add the Exo topper. Gives it some time to cure.

Back under the cover she goes.
Attached Images

12-27-2021, 11:40 PM   #42
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Merry Christmas y'all.

Santa brought me something I'll be sure to put to use tomorrow!
Merry Christmas!

Your are clearly a detail freak... haha. I got some killer carbon side skirts for mine and installed them yesterday. Two if the three hour install was cleaning the glue redisue off the botton of the stock skirt. Arms are going to be sore tomorrow... ha.

Car looks AWESOME btw. The carbon roof looks like it has a layer of water on it it is so clear and smooth. Nice work!

josh
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 01:29 PM   #43
Sp00nFedFilms
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Finished the second part to the coating today, the EXO. It's the same process only slicker to remove. Feels and looks fantastic!

I also picked up an OEM pair of wiper blades as well as a cargo net. Am I doing something wrong here? How's this thing secure properly?
Attached Images

01-05-2022, 08:55 AM   #44
mord4
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW M4, 6MT

Quote:
Mail came today. Even though I'll never open it I'm an OEM fanatic. I NEED to have all the proper documentation for the vehicle that would've been supplied as if I ordered the car new.
Mind sharing where you got this?
Appreciate 0