Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-20-2021, 08:37 PM   #1
Monkey Throttle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 comp 6MT, 993 C2S

SoCal skidpad

I've been telling a number of friends lately that they should do a car control clinic. Then I realized, I want to do one too!

Was wondering where a good place/event/club to do a wet/soap skidpad near LA?

Any recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 09:13 PM   #2
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Throttle View Post
I've been telling a number of friends lately that they should do a car control clinic. Then I realized, I want to do one too!

Was wondering where a good place/event/club to do a wet/soap skidpad near LA?

Any recommendations?
Porsche Experience Center… reminds me of the time when a lady went on the skid pad and kept driving around in circles without kicking the tail out lol
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 09:29 PM   #3
Monkey Throttle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 comp 6MT, 993 C2S

I was thinking less like, Porsche Experience Center and more like, wet/skidpad in your own car with a private club or group.

I'm sure PEC is very expensive and you probably use their cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 11:43 AM   #4
ibimmer954
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 i4 M50, '15 M3, '18 911

Garage List
If you do the M School from the BMW Performance Center you will spend time on the skid pad as well as other skill drills. That's located in Thermal, CA (Palm Springs area).
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 07:53 PM   #5
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimmer346 View Post
If you do the M School from the BMW Performance Center you will spend time on the skid pad as well as other skill drills. That's located in Thermal, CA (Palm Springs area).
The LA Chapter of the BMW CCA just did their fourth annual "Pazifik Eskapade" event at the BMW Performance Center West in Thermal this past Saturday. The day started at 7:30 AM (earlier to try and avoid some of the afternoon heat) with a classroom session, followed by five participation events, and ended with lunch around 11:30 AM. These are not an ///M School, but are marketed as an "Experience" and are tailored for clubs, corporate events, etc. "///M Track Days" are similar.

The events included Lead/Follow on the North Palm Circuit in M4s; Timed Laps (autocross) with M2s; Skidpad with M8s; Drag Race with M8s, X5Ms, X3Ms, and M2s; and Instructor Hot Laps in M5s. The price was $245, a bargain for their cars, their tires, and their gas. There were 100 people signed up. One of the reasons I went was to hopefully get a chance to drive the G80/G82 on the track, but unfortunately, even though they have at least 2-3 dozen sitting gathering dust, they haven't had their front ends wrapped yet, although they have completed the 1200 mile run-in and had their first service.

This was followed on Saturday night by an all-BMW Car Show in Old Town La Quinta where Main Street was closed off except for the cars that registered, complete with a live band, biergarten, and a display of cars from the BMW Performance Center.

Search Facebook for #PazifikEskapade and you'll see a few pictures (not mine) from the Car Show (My Sakhir Orange M4 and my wife's Individual San Marino Blue M3 are shown in one of the photos). Someone else posted a video from the Lead/Follow under the #PazifikEskapades hashtag. Lots of my friends who attended posted a bunch of pictures but they aren't hashtagged.

Last edited by SD ///M4; 09-21-2021 at 08:13 PM..
Appreciate 0