European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

08-15-2021, 08:42 AM   #221
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 M Perf. View Post
The shipment went out before Abdul saw my messages to cancel due to the brightness issue. I thought I'd install them and see for myself. I paid C$25.13 customs charges despite been reassured by Abdul that there will be no charge.

Mark was very responsive and advised to refuse the shipment so it's returned to them and receive a full refund, including customs charges. While the package was in the process of being returned, UPS lost it! It's been a week now and they haven't found it.

After many messages, Adbul refunded me, however, I received $40 less and despite many messages (again!), I never got the customs fees refunded. Doesn't seem like a good experience at all dealing with Abdul; his very late responses assume he doesn't do his due diligence dealing with clients. Mark is great to deal with though...that's unfortunate because I was planning to buy a v3 from M PowerMotorsports if it were available soon. Not sure why I had to lose $65 in the process.
What brightness issue?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 11:50 AM   #222
F32 M Perf.
CoolWhip_
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW F32 FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post
What brightness issue?
Mark successfully resolved the refund shortfall issue, so I deleted the post. There have been some reports that the turn signals might be dim in direct sunlight. Can't confirm nor deny it personally as I haven't installed them.
2014 F32 Silver Glacier RWD | MPPK I & II | Blk Dakota leather | CeramicPro coating | Full CF MPerf exterior | CF front fender (boomerang) trims | Tinted windows | GTS OLED-style taillights | CF eyelids | CF shark fin | Full black gloss CF interior trim | Apple CarPlay MMI | Full bolt-ons | Turbosmart Dual Port BOV | BM3 S2.
Appreciate 1
Abdul1039.00
      08-16-2021, 10:34 AM   #223
FatHulk
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 zcp, G05 x40i

Got both the blackline installed and the red.

Overall pretty happy with the lights and IMO fitment is great, not perfect but for aftermarket pretty damn good.

One of the lights has a piece of what looks like cardboard in the light that I can't get out but I shook it to the bottom.

Thanks to this thread I found the install pretty easy, still need to adjust the wiring which I'll do later.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-16-2021, 06:03 PM   #224
aghahari
Rep
Drives: BMW 435IX

Beware of something:

First of all, I do like them overall coming from pre-lci taillights. BUT, I would never get these had I have an LCI car.

The weakest part of these lights is definitely the turn signals. Other than the fact I don't like the sequential function, their quality is just off. The large section of the turn signals is of different material/texture than the small portion which looks very weird, they don't flow together. In day light you can actually see the individual led bulbs behind the crappy textured plastic they used here. On the real OLED lights and also on the oem LCI lights there is this smooth almost liquid-like quality to the turn signals that is not present in these lights. I have seen Vland taillights with that effect and quality for other cars at less than half the price so it's not like they just can't do it, they decided not to do it on this model.

At 800 usd plus tax, you would expect them to use proper tube led's (which are so cheap btw I don't even understand why they did this)

I would say the price they are asking is not worth it, unless it drops to half that. They are overcharging by a lot right now, because the demand is high. Just look at Vland lights prices for other cars and even other BMW models, for example Mitsubishi lancer Vland taillights are sold for 187 usd for the set! I can't imagine the technology and labor on these lights would justify more than 4 times the price, and actually the led's on Mitsubishi lights are of much better quality they look much nicer. I bought mine at 600$ and still think I overpaid.

Last edited by aghahari; 08-16-2021 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 2
bsmf8x777.00
brocurls263.00
      08-17-2021, 12:21 PM   #225
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghahari View Post
Beware of something:

First of all, I do like them overall coming from pre-lci taillights. BUT, I would never get these had I have an LCI car.

The weakest part of these lights is definitely the turn signals. Other than the fact I don't like the sequential function, their quality is just off. The large section of the turn signals is of different material/texture than the small portion which looks very weird, they don't flow together. In day light you can actually see the individual led bulbs behind the crappy textured plastic they used here. On the real OLED lights and also on the oem LCI lights there is this smooth almost liquid-like quality to the turn signals that is not present in these lights. I have seen Vland taillights with that effect and quality for other cars at less than half the price so it's not like they just can't do it, they decided not to do it on this model.

At 800 usd plus tax, you would expect them to use proper tube led's (which are so cheap btw I don't even understand why they did this)

I would say the price they are asking is not worth it, unless it drops to half that. They are overcharging by a lot right now, because the demand is high. Just look at Vland lights prices for other cars and even other BMW models, for example Mitsubishi lancer Vland taillights are sold for 187 usd for the set! I can't imagine the technology and labor on these lights would justify more than 4 times the price, and actually the led's on Mitsubishi lights are of much better quality they look much nicer. I bought mine at 600$ and still think I overpaid.
I hate the sequential look on bmw's is there a way to fix that via coding?

Also, how'd you get yours for 600
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 02:36 PM   #226
aghahari
Rep
Drives: BMW 435IX

Quote:

That's what I want to know as well. I would love to remove this childish "feature".

I got a great "deal" on ebay with someone who sold his car before installing these and it turned out to be in Dallas where I live so I met with the seller in person didn't even pay for shipping or anything else.

You would not be able to find it at 600 but the sellers who list for 800 would gladly accept a 700 offer on ebay. (I've tried it myself). But still, I think the prices will significantly drop in a matter of months.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 02:07 AM   #227
Abdul
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/E92 M3/E60 M5/F80 M3

I'm Back!
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2021, 02:11 AM   #228
Abdul
Captain
Rep

BOOF-M3 Thanks for resolving the issues with the two customers while I was away.

I was away for 2 weeks and just got back. Mark is the man! He works with me and is always available if you cant reach me post-sales. The advantage of buying from US vendors is that we will always provide you with the best customer service before and after you have purchased these lights from us. Anyone has ANY issue post-sales, please PM me and Mark so one of us can assist you immediately.
Appreciate 2
      08-18-2021, 02:15 AM   #229
Abdul
Captain
Rep

Quote:

We sell it for $625.00 and if you qualify for a promo code, it goes down to $600.00. I believe anyone offering these lights for more than $700.00 is outrageous. People are selling the F30 lights for $600.00 for heaven's sake. I sell the for $390.00 with a promo code.

https://mpowermotorsports.org/produc...ory/exteriors/
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2021, 02:18 AM   #230
Abdul
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoniE92 View Post
Just for the sake of not messing with the product I installed it just as it came without any additional parts or cutting of any tabs like some suggest. Everything fit direct and flush without any hassle. No trimming or anything. Just needed to adjust the outer tail light washers to sit flush.
The latest batch of lights has been slightly modified and you can get away with not trimming it all or using any washers. I've also noticed this in the case of customers who received the newer stock.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2021, 03:10 AM   #231
goto35
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 m3 cars in 14 years :)

hey any pics in convertible?Is install the same for convertible?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 03:15 AM   #232
Abdul
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto35 View Post
hey any pics in convertible?Is install the same for convertible?
Install is the same for convertible.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2021, 12:04 PM   #233
aliiin
I use my turn signal
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tercel

Both my inner tail lights have huge chips on them where the light meets the plastic at the top and one has some random dark spot. I guess nothing is 100% and I'm being nit picky.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

How are you guys doing the wiring for the trunk? The potential problem I see is the trunk spring catching the wiring and rubbing it... eventually cutting the wire.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 12:08 PM   #234
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
BOOF-M3 Thanks for resolving the issues with the two customers while I was away.

I was away for 2 weeks and just got back. Mark is the man! He works with me and is always available if you cant reach me post-sales. The advantage of buying from US vendors is that we will always provide you with the best customer service before and after you have purchased these lights from us. Anyone has ANY issue post-sales, please PM me and Mark so one of us can assist you immediately.
I can attest to their great customer service as I was prolly one of the 2 he mentioned

Thanx again Mark & Abdul
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2021, 12:46 PM   #235
sabrina
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 C2S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul View Post

I have sent you a couple PM's through this site regarding a funky turn signal malfunction issue since installing my set. It's now gotten to the point where it's just not cool anymore to be dealing with this every single time I start the car. Sometimes left...sometimes right... sometimes both. But regardless, it's always one of those options. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. (not sure I got that across)

Never had turn signal issues prior to installing these lights. Abdul or Mark, or hell, anyone here on this forum, does anyone have an idea what the issue might be? Just a faulty set of lights? Anyone else having this happen?
Sold: F82 M4, F15 X5, F30 328, E46 330
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 03:27 PM   #236
Shikari
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliiin View Post
Both my inner tail lights have huge chips on them where the light meets the plastic at the top and one has some random dark spot. I guess nothing is 100% and I'm being nit picky.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

How are you guys doing the wiring for the trunk? The potential problem I see is the trunk spring catching the wiring and rubbing it... eventually cutting the wire.
I was able to get a replacement because i had that same issue
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 03:58 PM   #237
Carrera Dave
Lurking Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 F33

Garage List
1989 911 Carrera  [0.00]
2018 BMW F33  [0.00]
goto35 - not exactly the same install for the convertible, especially if you have a pre-LCI 'vert requiring the wire from the outer to inner light. The hinge mechanism is very complicated and requires thinking through the wire routing.

The wiring on the passenger side can follow the existing wiring (with adequate wire protection/sheathing). The driver side is more exposed and should allow you to also mimic the passenger side. I lowered/raised the top and stopped at various positions to understand where wire slack may be needed.

In my case, this turned out to be unnecessary to run this extra wire because I have an LCI that did not require running the wires.

There are no hinge covers as shown in the coupe/GC (as seen in all the YouTube videos), trunk liner is also different (but simple to remove).

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 11:00 PM   #238
aliiin
I use my turn signal
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tercel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikari View Post
Cool, thanks.

I sent numerous PMs, but still no response from Abdul. Kind of frustrating to see most people have good experience and customer service with him, but I'm having quite the opposite.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 11:39 PM   #239
goto35
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera Dave View Post
goto35 - not exactly the same install for the convertible, especially if you have a pre-LCI 'vert requiring the wire from the outer to inner light. The hinge mechanism is very complicated and requires thinking through the wire routing.

The wiring on the passenger side can follow the existing wiring (with adequate wire protection/sheathing). The driver side is more exposed and should allow you to also mimic the passenger side. I lowered/raised the top and stopped at various positions to understand where wire slack may be needed.

In my case, this turned out to be unnecessary to run this extra wire because I have an LCI that did not require running the wires.

There are no hinge covers as shown in the coupe/GC (as seen in all the YouTube videos), trunk liner is also different (but simple to remove).

Good luck!
is there a video i can see what shows me how to do install on a pre lci convertible?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 12:27 AM   #240
Abdul
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliiin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikari View Post
Cool, thanks.

I sent numerous PMs, but still no response from Abdul. Kind of frustrating to see most people have good experience and customer service with him, but I'm having quite the opposite.
Hi there,

I've replied every time. Something is going on with the PM's. I only got one message from you and replied to that and then all of a sudden I received 2 at the same time a few hours later. It seemed out of order. Plus, did you message me some other day? I got all three messages today. I hope non of you think I'm on bimmerpost 24/7 waiting for messages. I suggest you call or text me directly. (586) 207-7826.
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2021, 09:13 AM   #241
goto35
Lieutenant
Rep

So to clarify even with the v2 versions, since I have a pre lci I have to run a wire from the main light to the middle light (I have a f83 convertible)

Want to order but want to make sure I can do the install.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 09:40 AM   #242
Brennan ///M4
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by goto35 View Post
So to clarify even with the v2 versions, since I have a pre lci I have to run a wire from the main light to the middle light (I have a f83 convertible)

Want to order but want to make sure I can do the install.
I did the install on a pre-LCI f83, you do have to run the wire from the outside lights to the inside lights in order for the inside turn signals to function. It's a little involved, but not overly difficult ... as Carrera Dave mentioned, you just follow the existing braided cable on the passenger side up to and across the trunk (make sure to leave slack in the same places the existing wires do). You then follow the exact same route along the driver's side. I did end up having to splice in extra wire as the included wires weren't long enough to make the trip.

I posted this link earlier in the thread, it gives you a good idea of how to get at the wiring and where you need to run it:
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1449047