R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

03-03-2015, 02:37 AM   #23
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusk
Tanzanite!!! I love dark navy cars and from a distance or in normal day light it looks lovely. When the sun hits it though it just pops into an amazing vibrant blue which is hard to describe but I am in love with it!
I agree with every word you've said there, the demo I drove was TZ Blue, however my argument with myself if I wanted class, maybe I should have picked a different car but since it's a sports car, (not saying she's not a classy sports car) I wanted a colour that goes with its sports look and make her stand out from the 4.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 02:41 AM   #24
Hawaii i8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i8 coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA View Post
Love it! I've gone with AY. Part of me still leans toward SO mainly because I love the red colour and red cars, however Sakhir is actually orange but does show as red depending on lightening so I like it when it's red and I don't when it's burnt out orange.

The order has gone to factory, dealer wanted to have car by end of March for target purposes. I could still change for SO but am 70% convinced on the Yellow

Do you have any regrets?
Absolutely no regrets You will be the star of the show where ever you go, its just a color that everyone will want to look at and comment on... So as long as you don't mind the attention you have made a great choice. Every time I get into my vert i smile!!!
      03-03-2015, 02:44 AM   #25
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIslandM4
Quote:
Love it! I've gone with AY. Part of me still leans toward SO mainly because I love the red colour and red cars, however Sakhir is actually orange but does show as red depending on lightening so I like it when it's red and I don't when it's burnt out orange.

The order has gone to factory, dealer wanted to have car by end of March for target purposes. I could still change for SO but am 70% convinced on the Yellow

Do you have any regrets?
Absolutely no regrets You will be the star of the show where ever you go, its just a color that everyone will want to look at and comment on... So as long as you don't mind the attention you have made a great choice. Every time I get into my vert i smile!!!
Thank you!! talk about sleepless nights since the waiting process has begun! There's one at my local showroom, I went to see it at midnight last night
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 08:45 AM   #26
Deimos
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d

I spotted a austin yellow M4 on the way home yesterday, it looked absolutely stunning in the sunshine, I have completely changed my view on that colour now, pictures online or in a magazine really do not do it justice.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 12:03 PM   #27
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos
I spotted a austin yellow M4 on the way home yesterday, it looked absolutely stunning in the sunshine, I have completely changed my view on that colour now, pictures online or in a magazine really do not do it justice.
I seriously agree about pictures not doing it any good.

I go into a showroom and really like it, take a few pics, go home then not like it from the pics.

Part of me still says Sakhir, but the issue with Sakhir, it's the opposite, looks really good in pictures but not as good in reality!!

I need a shoulder!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #28
DarkSide24
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

I go into a showroom and really like it, take a few pics, go home then not like it from the pics.

Part of me still says Sakhir, but the issue with Sakhir, it's the opposite, looks really good in pictures but not as good in reality!!

I need a shoulder!
I picked up my SO M4 yesterday. The colour, I think, is epic in real life. I've only ever owned black and grey cars and I am very glad I committed to this one. In direct sunlight the orange is superb, and has a great rich red/orange look in lower light. See unedited photo taken yesterday evening:

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 02:11 PM   #29
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSide24
Quote:

I need a shoulder!
I picked up my SO M4 yesterday. The colour, I think, is epic in real life. I've only ever owned black and grey cars and I am very glad I committed to this one. In direct sunlight the orange is superb, and has a great rich red/orange look in lower light. See unedited photo taken yesterday evening:

That looks stunning. Having said that, en route from work today, I stopped by at a BMW dealership, they used to have the M4 in their showroom, they've put it in the forecourt, I must say AY for once, I saw a colour I properly loved.

After seeing your car, I think reality is, I love both and can't decide for 100%. SO is very rare around my end, the way I see it is my car is going to be locked by the time I've fully decided, so am not going to stress after tonight, having seen the yellows beautiful side

PS: love your car and the shot!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 02:16 PM   #30
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
That looks stunning. Having said that, en route from work today, I stopped by at a BMW dealership, they used to have the M4 in their showroom, they've put it in the forecourt, I must say AY for once, I saw a colour I properly loved.

After seeing your car, I think reality is, I love both and can't decide for 100%. SO is very rare around my end, the way I see it is my car is going to be locked by the time I've fully decided, so am not going to stress after tonight, having seen the yellows beautiful side

PS: love your car and the shot!
Both colours look epic, enjoy them. Counting down to the 28th of March when I finally take delivery of my BSM
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 02:46 PM   #31
antych
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4CP SO

Garage List
2014 BMW M4  [10.00]
I got the Yellow one, you won't regret it. Looks great in person. I guess there will be another one in the city now
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2015, 03:46 PM   #32
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Manual

I've got YMB. Pics of it readily available here with MPE + CF tips fitted :-)

It truly is stunning and the colour can vary based on the light.

BUT at times I kinda wish I went for Alpine White.... as I'd like the idea of vinyl wrapping it up.. to something like this:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1096077
      03-03-2015, 04:02 PM   #33
DarkSide24
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

I think what comes across in almost all the posts I've seen is how happy people are with their colours. I know I was grinning like a kid at Christmas when I saw my car for the first time yesterday and I probably had a smug smile on my face all day. I'm sure you'll be chuffed whichever colour you choose!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 04:03 PM   #34
WVUDrJay
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I ended up with Alpine white and love the contrast with CF roof, spoiler and dark rims.

I almost got Hellrot red but would have pushed delivery to midwinter instead of fall.
Attached Images

03-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #35
Rusk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 DCT Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
I agree with every word you've said there, the demo I drove was TZ Blue, however my argument with myself if I wanted class, maybe I should have picked a different car but since it's a sports car, (not saying she's not a classy sports car) I wanted a colour that goes with its sports look and make her stand out from the 4.
I get what you mean for sure. I didn't want to be too stand out, I think the car stands out in any colour but obviously the bright colours help even more!

I thought about SO but for me it is too close to red, only when the sun hits it you can tell it is so much more. Also my wife hates red cars, no matter what the car she hates red cars ha! So with SO too close to red I was banned from buying one. When I changed colour choice she didn't say no so that meant YES!!!!

The yellow, as other have said, is bad in photos but much better in the metal, although not really to my taste. Will still be an ace car and you will love it! If we all had the same colour cars life would be boring!!!

Really cannot wait for a M3/4 meet of some kind down in the south so we can all see the beast lined up
BMW M4 - Tanzanite Blue, Silverstone Full Merino Leather, M DCT, Comfort Access, Reversing Camera, Sun Protection Glass, Extended Storage, Armrest with sliding adjustment, Interior trim finisher - Pearl Chrome, Adaptive LED Headlights, High-Beam Assistant, Surround-View Camera, M Head-up Display, Harman/Kardon Surround Sound, Internet, Online Entertainment, Speed Limit Display, Piano Black Interior BMW Individual.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 02:39 AM   #36
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmarina
I've got YMB. Pics of it readily available here with MPE + CF tips fitted :-)

It truly is stunning and the colour can vary based on the light.

BUT at times I kinda wish I went for Alpine White.... as I'd like the idea of vinyl wrapping it up.. to something like this:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1096077
YMB looks beautiful, I seriously think it better suits the M3 more than the M4. I think it's a stunning colour, and I love hour car my only issue is having had EB II, I wanted something a little different than Blue even thought YMB is on a whole another level than EB II.

Ps. The satin white wrap looks gorgeous, but I think you should stick with your YMB, well at least for another year then change if you want. That way you won't get bored of the car too soon
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 03:06 AM   #37
Dr.Crap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Alpine white with black rims - usually not my thing until I saw it in the flesh!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 05:49 AM   #38
Axelf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 35is...

I never thought I would go for a white car.. But when I seen the Mineral White it just looks amazing in different light.. Sometimes it looks like a silver colour and other times it looks like a bright white.. When standing next to my wife's Alpine White X4 you can't half notice the difference.. I love it and now started to add the black touches to it.. It starting to take shape, the only thing is my wife is also wanting the black bits adding to hers... It going to be an expensive year I think......
      03-05-2015, 06:39 AM   #39
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M4

I really love the sakir Orange full leather so my choices were either mineral white or mineral gray. If I could do it all over again. Austin yellow on black!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 07:08 AM   #40
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Caucasian.