Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

12-23-2015, 04:17 PM   #45
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer View Post
Was planning to add quite a lot of options actually. Maybe a further £10k onto the basic price.

£7k off, whether adding options or not, would be great. Understand that this will dilute when worked out as a percentage but don't see that being an issue unless I'm missing something?
Thanks.
Not missing anything at all. Just go in there saying you want £7k off. Simples... Plenty of dealers and brokers out there....
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 04:31 PM   #46
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible SS/SS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
Not missing anything at all. Just go in there saying you want £7k off. Simples... Plenty of dealers and brokers out there....
I will certainly aim for that figure, or higher if possible.
Thanks

CH.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 02:13 PM   #47
John 3:16
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe 2016

Garage List
2014 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Ordered my M4 coupe early Dec to get end of quarter/year hunger from sales team at local dealer, but insisted it be delivered for March 16 as this still hits their end of year sales number.

Scheduled for Feb production and March delivery

The wait is killing me but I've loaded almost everything on it and got just under £7k off list, zero deposit (£2k down but refunded on delivery) and zero deposit on the BMW PCP.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #48
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

I think my negotiating skills must be rubbish. I managed a discount, but nothing like that. Planning to have a chat to some other dealers this week. Decided life is too short and am going to go for it. The car will be a cool 25th anniversary pressie for us both.
      12-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #49
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi35 View Post
Ordered my M4 coupe early Dec to get end of quarter/year hunger from sales team at local dealer, but insisted it be delivered for March 16 as this still hits their end of year sales number.

Scheduled for Feb production and March delivery

The wait is killing me but I've loaded almost everything on it and got just under £7k off list, zero deposit (£2k down but refunded on delivery) and zero deposit on the BMW PCP.
Hi Jimi,

Congratulations on your order. The wait is painful!

Care to share your option list? I started sending through option list to dealers today and have pretty much everything ticked.

CH.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 02:41 PM   #50
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
I think my negotiating skills must be rubbish. I managed a discount, but nothing like that. Planning to have a chat to some other dealers this week. Decided life is too short and am going to go for it. The car will be a cool 25th anniversary pressie for us both.
This is how I feel. You don't know what is round the corner. Life should be a balance of work and fun. Otherwise, what's the point in working. Having said that, I always end up having a huge guilt trip when buying a new car.

CH.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 02:43 PM   #51
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer
Quote:
This is how I feel. You don't know what is round the corner. Life should be a balance of work and fun. Otherwise, what's the point in working. Having said that, I always end up having a huge guilt trip when buying a new car.

CH.
I know that feeling! I just want to be sure I am getting a decent deal before I commit, which should help reduce the guilt a bit!
      12-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #52
sos
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

If you genuinely want to get good deals, you'll need to be on good terms with your dealer and have a prior relationship.

They do have good margins in these things, especially with rebates from BMW GB.

£7k really isn't a issue on these things.
      12-28-2015, 03:31 PM   #53
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sos
If you genuinely want to get good deals, you'll need to be on good terms with your dealer and have a prior relationship.

They do have good margins in these things, especially with rebates from BMW GB.

£7k really isn't a issue on these things.
I do have a good relationship with my local dealer. We have bought 16 cars from them over the last 12 years or so. So it must be me!
      12-28-2015, 03:41 PM   #54
sos
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

That's good....similar numbers to me!! I'm on no 20ish since 1999.

The smaller dealers are sometimes better to deal with, less pressure from management for group targets.

Finding a non-M dealer also helps as its not on their target list to sell, so they are more likely to let one go for minimal margin.
      12-29-2015, 02:44 AM   #55
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Hi
Here's what I went for

M4 Coupe DCT
Tanzanite Blue
Full Silverstone Merino Interior
Carbon Fibre Trim
19" Black Wheels
Advanced Parking Package
Comfort Access
Sun Protection Glass
Adaptive LED Headlights
Surround View
M Head Up Display
HK Surround System
Speed Limit Display

Think that's about it - didn't go for the lane departure warning stuff or rear electric blind but got most covered 😀

J
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 03:57 AM   #56
northerngooner
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Tanzanite Blue

That's pretty much what I went for and since then added mperformance kit. Fantastic colour particularly if the sun is on it, and goes brilliantly with the full silverstone leather. It sits outside the office and continues to get comments from visitors. It's well worth the wait. Picture attached taken just before Christmas in the late afternoon Newcastle sun (yes it happens occasionally!)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 08:51 AM   #57
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngooner View Post
That's pretty much what I went for and since then added mperformance kit. Fantastic colour particularly if the sun is on it, and goes brilliantly with the full silverstone leather. It sits outside the office and continues to get comments from visitors. It's well worth the wait. Picture attached taken just before Christmas in the late afternoon Newcastle sun (yes it happens occasionally!)
Wow,
Looks good - you have excellent taste 😀

I wasn't sure which colour to go for until I saw the TB in the showroom and loved it.

J
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #58
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngooner View Post
I saw this car at our go kart race meet in September (looking to do the same In 2016) and in the sun light it was beautiful and a great interior/exterior combination

Denso
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #59
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Happy man today as I finally have my deposit down and am waiting on the approval for my colour choice. The next few months are going to go very slowly....
      12-30-2015, 11:35 AM   #60
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Quote:
Happy man today as I finally have my deposit down and am waiting on the approval for my colour choice. The next few months are going to go very slowly....
Hi
What do you mean by approval on your colour choice?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 11:46 AM   #61
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 3:16
Quote:
Hi
As it is individual the dealer has to ask BMW for approval. Don't know if this is a formality of if they do turn requests down.
      12-30-2015, 11:48 AM   #62
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy
Quote:
Quote:
Hi
As it is individual the dealer has to ask BMW for approval. Don't know if this is a formality of if they do turn requests down.
What colour did you go for?
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 12:02 PM   #63
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by washy
Quote:
Quote:
Hi
What colour did you go for?
Couldn't resist San Marino Blue in the end. My dealer had a SMB M6 sat in the showroom, which made my mind up for me.
      12-30-2015, 12:44 PM   #64
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Couldn't resist San Marino Blue in the end. My dealer had a SMB M6 sat in the showroom, which made my mind up for me.
Hah! Welcome to the SMB order club! You won't have any problems getting it approved. All your dealer needs to do is secure a production slot which can take a while. Have you gone silver or black wheels?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 12:47 PM   #65
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex
Quote:
Hah! Welcome to the SMB order club! You won't have any problems getting it approved. All your dealer needs to do is secure a production slot which can take a while. Have you gone silver or black wheels?
Hopeful of April delivery at the moment, but was warned that it could be longer. Gone for black wheels and silverstone leather.
      12-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #66
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Hopeful of April delivery at the moment, but was warned that it could be longer. Gone for black wheels and silverstone leather.
It's just sheer luck apparently and can't be predicted. I'm only allowed to do another 2k on my car before trade-in which is a bit of a pain!

Gone for black wheels and full silverstone! Having black grilles and side gills fitted before delivery. Still pondering over M Performance bits (splitter, diffuser and spoiler).
Appreciate 0