European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

02-11-2017, 07:47 PM   #23
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Sorry Neil, didn't mean to reply to your post
Gone - 2016 F80 CP, 2015 991 Turbo S, 2016 LCI M135i. 2015 F10 CP M5. 2015 X5, 2012 E92 CP M3. 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 1
Wills28656.00
      02-12-2017, 05:43 AM   #24
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermack View Post
When do you think the next M3/M4 will appear?
      02-12-2017, 06:03 PM   #25
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

As said, if you are concerned about the CP ride quality then spec the 19's 437's.
There are some on here that have CP's with 20's and bought 19's and commented they much prefer the ride.

With regards the cost new, there is only £200 difference between the 19's and 20's so the 20's are not that special!!!

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/bmw...4_coupe_alloys

I think if I was spec'ing a CP again I'd probably go for 19's - just for the ride quality.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2017, 06:04 PM   #26
spidermack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack San Marino Blue

Garage List
Hi folks, well a deposit is down! I have just to decide on the colour. If I want San Marino Blue it will cost me more ££ and delay a month or two.
I was also looking through the options. I have selected BMW Icon Adaptive LED Headlights. Do they come with headlight washers? From looking at the Feb 2017 price list you have to pay £200 however maybe thats incorrect or for the standard headlights? Anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 01:27 AM   #27
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
@spidermack my M4 CP is my daily and I expect to do 20k+ per year in it.

It is quite a stiff car even in comfort mode but it's perfectly acceptable as a daily IMO. Just depends how much comfort you want. It's no 5 series that's for sure.

As far as colour goes, I really like SMB and almost swapped to it at the last minute. In the end I'm glad I stuck with Tanzanite Blue as it's such a versatile colour. All the guys who've seen my car in the metal can attest to that.

What I would say is choose carefully. The colour is perhaps on of the most important choices to make as it can help maintain the love for a car over a long period. There isn't really a bad colour on the M so go with your heart.
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 1
Foretrees762.50
      02-13-2017, 04:33 AM   #28
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
I was also looking through the options. I have selected BMW Icon Adaptive LED Headlights. Do they come with headlight washers? From looking at the Feb 2017 price list you have to pay £200 however maybe thats incorrect or for the standard headlights? Anyone know?
Headlight wash is an EU mandatory requirement for cars equipped with Xenon headlights...but not for LED lights, hence its now a £200 option for LCi (2) cars which have LED headlights as standard.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 07:54 AM   #29
Forester
Rep
Drives: M3CP Silverstone

I would agree the 19's provide a slightly more compliant ride, however the re sale will be improved if 20's are spec'd. In any case the ride on my CP with 20's is far and away better than the previous (June 2014) M4 in either comfort or sport setting.
      02-13-2017, 09:58 AM   #30
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

I guess one downside with 19's is there is slightly less traction? Less rubber on the road?

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #31
taitam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 X-Drive 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
I guess one downside with 19's is there is slightly less traction? Less rubber on the road?
Completely agree. I've had a standard M3 for 2 weeks now and although the ride is more compliant on the 19 inch wheels, the traction isn't a patch on the M4, especially when it's cold and damp - the M3 is on Contis which may account for some of the difference.

If you do go for the SMB be prepared for lots of comments - I've never been approached by so many total strangers before, all asking about the colour, especially when it's in the sunlight or well illuminated in a car park.

G 82 M4 X-Drive Aventurine Red III
Appreciate 1
dopper993528.00
      02-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #32
Mark 1M
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by taitam View Post

If you do go for the SMB be prepared for lots of comments - I've never been approached by so many total strangers before, all asking about the colour, especially when it's in the sunlight or well illuminated in a car park.

+1
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #33
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Completely agree. I've had a standard M3 for 2 weeks now and although the ride is more compliant on the 19 inch wheels, the traction isn't a patch on the M4, especially when it's cold and damp - the M3 is on Contis which may account for some of the difference.

Its interesting you mention that ...... I've never had anyone talk to me about my Silverstone! I think it goes unnoticed most of the time and I'm pretty sure the bolder M colours and individual colours only really attract attention.

But that suits me fine. I like to fly under the radar and dont want too much attention.

But ...... SMB is a stunning colour - I love it.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 2
taitam67.00
DazC905.00
      02-13-2017, 03:08 PM   #34
spidermack
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Hi folks, OK San Marino blue it is. Its a colour I love so I got to do it. I think I'd always be thinking I wish I'd paid the extra for SMB.
I'm going in tomorrow to sign the contract. The car will pretty much have every option.
I have a few more questions.
I will add on the lights washers and take of the Concierge pack. I've never used it on my 6 series. Does anyone use the concierge service? Maybe it's helpful?
Another question- I've chosen "Black full merino"
I do prefer a light interior however I know from experience that jeans and leather belts can mark the leather. OR has anyone managed to find away of keeping a light coloured leather mark free?
Finally whats folks which trim "Aluminium Blade interior trim w/ Black Chrome finishers" or "Carbon fibre" Or "piano black" ?
Thanks for help
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 03:15 PM   #35
Chompers
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d MSport (M) BS /CR

Quote:
Hi folks, OK San Marino blue it is. Its a colour I love so I got to do it. I think I'd always be thinking I wish I'd paid the extra for SMB.
I'm going in tomorrow to sign the contract. The car will pretty much have every option.
I will add on the lights washers and take of the Concierge pack. I've never used it on my 6 series. Does anyone use the concierge service? Maybe it's helpful?
I do prefer a light interior however I know from experience that jeans and leather belts can mark the leather. OR has anyone managed to find away of keeping a light coloured leather mark free?
Finally whats folks which trim "Aluminium Blade interior trim w/ Black Chrome finishers" or "Carbon fibre" Or "piano black" ?
Thanks for help

SMB is stunning, just had a 640d GC delivered today and looks fantastic Carbon Fibre interior trim is the only option IMO. Are you planning to fit any MPerformance parts? if so these can now be ordered as factory options

Gone: F31 320d MSport BS /CR, E61 520d MSport Bus Ed, E53 X5 V8 Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #36
spidermack
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompers View Post
SMB is stunning, just had a 640d GC delivered today and looks fantastic Carbon Fibre interior trim is the only option IMO. Are you planning to fit any MPerformance parts? if so these can now be ordered as factory options
Thanks & Enjoy the 640d GC. That's what I'm moving from. It's some car 😀
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #37
Chompers
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d MSport (M) BS /CR

Quote:
Thanks & Enjoy the 640d GC. That's what I'm moving from. It's some car 😀
Sorry, should have made it clear in the post. It's a customer car, looks stunning

Gone: F31 320d MSport BS /CR, E61 520d MSport Bus Ed, E53 X5 V8 Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #38
taitam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 X-Drive 2021

Quote:
Thanks for help
I would highly recommend a lighter colour - it will lift the cabin. I have full Silverstone leather and it makes a very classy interior. Have a decent leather treatment and you won't have any marks.

This is what you can look forward to!

Name:  IMG_0126.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  121.6 KB

G 82 M4 X-Drive Aventurine Red III
Appreciate 1
DazC905.00
      02-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #39
spidermack
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I would highly recommend a lighter colour - it will lift the cabin. I have full Silverstone leather and it makes a very classy interior. Have a decent leather treatment and you won't have any marks.

This is what you can look forward to!

Attachment 1572344
Your car looks tremendous. I'm really going to consider the lighter interior. I just recall one brown belt I wore stained the drivers seat.
I'm fitting a sunroof. It's not so cool as yours but I like to drive with the roof open. Thanks again for information
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 07:31 PM   #40
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Carbon Fibre interior trim every time. You hardly see an M3/4 without this .

Unique to the M3/4.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 01:17 AM   #41
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermack
Thanks for help
Carbon trim without doubt.

I deliberated on the leather colour also and went with full black which I'm glad of in the end. I'd be constantly cleaning SS due to my work and use of the car.

Silverstone is a beautiful interior and I would have chosen it if it wasn't for my OCD!

Also, I wouldn't spec headlight washers or concierge service (even though I have both as default). Both useless to me IMO.
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 04:04 AM   #42
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Your car looks tremendous. I'm really going to consider the lighter interior. I just recall one brown belt I wore stained the drivers seat.
I'm fitting a sunroof. It's not so cool as yours but I like to drive with the roof open. Thanks again for information
http://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/M/3.0-s/s/...cmdc=se_na_re_
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 08:43 AM   #43
spidermack
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Hi folks, I'm almost there with my spec.
Has anyone got a photograph of 4WK Aluminium Blade trim with Black Chrome finisher?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #44
spidermack
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
That's the new "Blue Spider Shark" ordered. A close relative of my "White Spider Shark 640d M Sport GC"

My dealer estimates delivery May/June. They hope to be able to give me a better idea once the car is in the system. Thy added due to the San Marino Blue paint it might take longer than normal.

Here is the spec -

F82 M4 Competition Package Coupe S55 3.0 LCI

2MK Seven-speed Double Clutch Transmission (M DCT) w/ DRIVELOGIC

Individual Paint - B51 - San Marino Blue

X3A9 Silverstone Full Merino Leather

Extras -

ZAP Advanced Parking package
3AG Reversing Assist camera
5DP Park Assist
ZAS Active Security package
5AG Lane change warning system
5AL Dynamic Safety
5AS Driving Assistant
248 Steering wheel heating
21T 20" M Star-spoke style 666M forged alloy wheelswith mixed tyres
322 Comfort Access
403 Electric Glass Sunroof
420 Sun protection glass
493 Extended storage
502 Headlight wash
552 BMW Icon Adaptive LED headlights
5AC High-beam Assistant
5DL Surround-view
610 BMW M Head-up Display
688 Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon surround sound
6CP Apple CarPlay preparation
6FV Online Entertainment
8TH Speed limit display

XE7 Piano Black - trim

3yr Service Inclusive

Looking forward to some fun in the summer :-)
Appreciate 1
taitam67.00