Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

08-09-2017, 05:04 PM   #45
BEAT TX
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP Alpine White

People complain about the way our cars sound, but I see more people turn their heads when I slow down at a red light and it gives the pedestrians on the strip a good burble and pop after the rev. Honestly, I get more looks in this car than I did in the GT-R... tons of GT-R's here in Vegas.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 06:17 PM   #46
///M-er-gized
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAT TX View Post
People complain about the way our cars sound, but I see more people turn their heads when I slow down at a red light and it gives the pedestrians on the strip a good burble and pop after the rev. Honestly, I get more looks in this car than I did in the GT-R... tons of GT-R's here in Vegas.
The internet is full of kids that complain about the sound of the new Ferrari 488 vs the old 458 that it replaced, and the new M3/M4s and Porsche 911s vs the previous generation models.

Honestly, I think many of them just base everything on the YouTube videos they watch and the video games they play on their Sony PlayStation.

Fact is, the new Ferrari 488 is superior in every way to the 458. So are the new M3/M4s and Porsche 911s relative to the previous generation models.

Also, many of these people have never seen or heard a real 458 and 488 in person, so what's the point of being so judgmental? If you ever hear a 488 in person, you'll absolutely love it. It's an Italian symphony of enjoyment.
      08-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #47
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-er-gized View Post
Quote:
The internet is full of kids that complain about the sound of the new Ferrari 488 vs the old 458 that it replaced, and the new M3/M4s and Porsche 911s vs the previous generation models.

Honestly, I think many of them just base everything on the YouTube videos they watch and the video games they play on their Sony PlayStation.

Fact is, the new Ferrari 488 is superior in every way to the 458. So are the new M3/M4s and Porsche 911s relative to the previous generation models.

Also, many of these people have never seen or heard a real 458 and 488 in person, so what's the point of being so judgmental? If you ever hear a 488 in person, you'll absolutely love it. It's an Italian symphony of enjoyment.
We are experiencing a time when people have no original thought. They just regurgitate whatever they hear in the news, in reviews, at church, etc...
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 3
      08-09-2017, 07:40 PM   #48
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-er-gized View Post
Quote:

We are experiencing a time when people have no original thought. They just regurgitate whatever they hear in the news, in reviews, at church, etc...
Very true and sad as there is sooooooo much misinformation out there to sift through
Appreciate 2
      08-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #49
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 ZCP AW

I have a 17 ZCP and I'm "pleased" with the note from the exhaust and most others who have other cars feel like it's well underplayed. If anything I'll get a JB4 and DP combo and I'm sure it will be more pronounced.

Now if aftermarket exhausts didn't cost 4-5+k, and were priced at 1.5-2.5k then I'd jump all over one.

If a reputable company lowered their cost to 2500 all in, they would be in back order monthly. My .02 and still make a killing.
Appreciate 0