EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-11-2022, 10:05 PM   #1
sonic17
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4 Competition

Driving a 2018 M4 at 18

Hey guys, I made a few threads here about driving a M4 at 18 and I am here to give an update. I want to thank everyone for your help and tips for controlling this monster at a young age. Unfortunately I did total it the other day ... just kidding . No crashes (yet) and iv really been getting the hang of this car. I know most people say a car is only for getting from point A to point B, but I completely disagree. I noticed that after getting an M4 my confidence and happiness sky-rocketed. I havent really pushed this car to its limits yet, most iv done was go 101 MPH on a empty open road on sport mode (not even sport plus) and traction control has yet to be turned off (now that scares me). Overall the m4 really is a responsive car. It goes when I want it to, and stops when I need it to. Not the terrifying spin devil I expected and worried about at first. Once again, great car, feels great, drives great, bmw for life! Thanks again for everyone's feedback and help here! Yall stay safe, just as I am! Cheers and happy driving!
Appreciate 3
TopJimmy5392.50
M5D301.00
cobra2814112.00
      01-11-2022, 10:17 PM   #2
Suds
/M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Responsiblish

All I can say is congrats on a great car, that is a sweet ride.
I highly suggest signing up for some Auto-Cross & track day events to learn car control.
DM me for some suggestions, this is what I did for my son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic17 View Post
Hey guys, I made a few threads here about driving a M4 at 18 and I am here to give an update. I want to thank everyone for your help and tips for controlling this monster at a young age. Unfortunately I did total it the other day ... just kidding . No crashes (yet) and iv really been getting the hang of this car. I know most people say a car is only for getting from point A to point B, but I completely disagree. I noticed that after getting an M4 my confidence and happiness sky-rocketed. I havent really pushed this car to its limits yet, most iv done was go 101 MPH on a empty open road on sport mode (not even sport plus) and traction control has yet to be turned off (now that scares me). Overall the m4 really is a responsive car. It goes when I want it to, and stops when I need it to. Not the terrifying spin devil I expected and worried about at first. Once again, great car, feels great, drives great, bmw for life! Thanks again for everyone's feedback and help here! Yall stay safe, just as I am! Cheers and happy driving!

Last edited by Suds; 01-11-2022 at 10:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 11:29 PM   #3
VerySlowF30
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra

Quote:
Congrats on the awesome car! I bought a supra when I turned 18, and the reactions I got were pretty mixed, with some people acting disgusted and others just appreciating the whip. Looking into parting out the car now and moving forward into an M car so I've started lurking around these forums a bit.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 11:34 PM   #4
TouringM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 6MT / '16 F31

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds View Post
I highly suggest signing up for some Auto-Cross & track day events to learn car control.
This is primo advice, and one hell of a dose of fun. I'm signed up for my first driving schools this spring & summer.

As someone who is slightly more than double your age, let me tell you, this car is a blast and will mercilessly kill you if you get too throttle happy.

#DriverMod best mod. Be safe, be cool, have fun!

Instagram: @TouringM3
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi8...LVuZzYvwGewezg
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 10:03 AM   #5
M5D
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016M4

Pics, pics! Enjoy your ride!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 11:32 AM   #6
khoa@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F83

Quote:
Unfortunately I did total it the other day
You got me there buddy
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 02:22 PM   #7
sonic17
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds View Post
This is primo advice, and one hell of a dose of fun. I'm signed up for my first driving schools this spring & summer.

As someone who is slightly more than double your age, let me tell you, this car is a blast and will mercilessly kill you if you get too throttle happy.

#DriverMod best mod. Be safe, be cool, have fun!
yeah im going to be starting a track course soon!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 02:26 PM   #8
sonic17
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5D View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5D View Post
here you go!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5D301.00
      01-12-2022, 03:17 PM   #9
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Congrats on the car. Assuming the last picture is your neighborhood, you live in a nice area which probably explains some of how this car became within your means.

Not a knock by any means. Some people are blessed and others will look down because they aren’t or didn’t have an easy path.

My suggestion as a father of a young adult who also has a modified BMW is that take some driving course classes but most importantly, learn how to refrain from social/peer pressure as I feel that this type of behavior, happens more at earlier ages, is what can cause some lapses in judgement.

Enjoy the car in good health. There are a lot of cars that can kill or seriously injure you and or others and it doesn’t have to be a BMW. Most cars nowadays can go stupid fast in a heartbeat so the argument should not be whether it’s a M or Civic Type S.

Check your tire pressures
Make sure your water jugs are secured and strapped down 🤣
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3942.00
      01-12-2022, 03:44 PM   #10
00SH4WN
We are what we allow ourselves to be...
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY20 F82 SMB ZCP

Garage List
2020 M4  [10.00]
"refrain from social/peer pressure..." reminds me of this movie. check it out if you're not familiar

Name:  InsidiousWigglyAmurratsnake-max-1mb.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  16.5 KB
      01-15-2022, 12:55 AM   #11
Eurosonly
car addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

I got my first m4 when I was 18 and I'm 19 now all I can say is the jealousy is going to be crazy my car got punched last week by some jealous guy.

euros
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 12:58 AM   #12
sonic17
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosonly View Post
I got my first m4 when I was 18 and I'm 19 now all I can say is the jealousy is going to be crazy my car got punched last week by some jealous guy.

euros
damn was insurance able to clutch up? and police?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 01:18 AM   #13
Eurosonly
car addicted
United_States
Rep

nope lmao I gotta pay outa pocket
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 01:20 AM   #14
sonic17
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosonly View Post
nope lmao I gotta pay outa pocket
man i will never understand why people need to be annoying for their own jealousy
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 02:39 AM   #15
Eurosonly
car addicted
United_States
Rep

Quote:
man i will never understand why people need to be annoying for their own jealousy
Definitely just be careful and aware haha have fun!
Appreciate 0