ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #1
DE Urlaub
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '71 Pinzgauer 710K

M4 GTS Water Injection system as over-the-counter

FWIW: Was at my Cincinnati dealership this weekend and the GM told me that the water injection system would be sold separately sometime in the future for non GTS cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 05:08 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DE Urlaub View Post
FWIW: Was at my Cincinnati dealership this weekend and the GM told me that the water injection system would be sold separately sometime in the future for non GTS cars.
The system is rather complex, I don't see this happening unless there is an accompanying flash which would likely be locked via FSC.

We'll wait and see.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 2
Dr._Who124.50
      04-26-2016, 05:26 PM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

have not seen anything come through from BMW on this yet on our end, I see so many issues from a dealers perspective if this did happen.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 07:07 PM   #4
M4toM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Maybe the GM is referring to a future option when building the car from the factory? Sounds like this might be an option in the next year or two.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #5
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
The system is rather complex, I don't see this happening unless there is an accompanying flash which would likely be locked via FSC.

We'll wait and see.
+1

But would be interesting if they did release something like that.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 11:46 PM   #6
M4RAUDR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE Urlaub View Post
If the other highly credible respondents on this thread haven't heard of it, it seems highly suspect that some GM in Cincinnati has special info... After all, everyone knows that Cali gets all the cool inside info first!!

2016 AY M4 : SB Full Leather : HRE P104 20" x 9.5" Front / 11.5" Rear : Pirelli PZero Nero GT 255/30/20 Front / 305/25/20 Rear : CCBs : KW v3's : Active Autowerke Full Exhaust & DPs : ESS Silicon Charge Pipes : VF HEX Stage 2 : VF TCU : Status Gruppe Rear Diffuser : M-Perf Side Blades : M-Perf Front Lip : Reus Audio System : Painted Side Reflectors : Black Grill Surrounds : Black Side Markers

Last edited by M4RAUDR; 04-27-2016 at 11:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 08:39 AM   #7
DBV
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G20 330d, Brabus Smart

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.17]
2018 Brabus Smart  [10.00]
2021 BMW 330d  [10.00]
Even if they DID offer it as a standalone performance part, the accompanying DME flash or tune would surely make it quite the pricey option I'm sure. After all, you think 'M Tax' is bad, try 'Limited Run M Tax'!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 03:00 PM   #8
M4 CSL
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
Even if they DID offer it as a standalone performance part, the accompanying DME flash or tune would surely make it quite the pricey option I'm sure. After all, you think 'M Tax' is bad, try 'Limited Run M Tax'!
As time goes by, like anything, it will come down in price. But for those that have to have it now, it's about the same price as a good set of wheels. (A good set, not a cheap set.)
      04-28-2016, 03:03 PM   #9
DBV
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G20 330d, Brabus Smart

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.17]
2018 Brabus Smart  [10.00]
2021 BMW 330d  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 CSL
As time goes by, like anything, it will come down in price. But for those that have to have it now, it's about the same price as a good set of wheels. (A good set, not a cheap set.)
Where are you getting this info? I think it's been established that this isn't available yet, if they even decide to offer it as a standalone part.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #10
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Sub'd
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 01:22 AM   #11
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

cant wait to hear more about this. I believe the system would be similar to a meth injection kit?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 05:43 AM   #12
M4 CSL
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
Where are you getting this info? I think it's been established that this isn't available yet, if they even decide to offer it as a standalone part.
No, the only thing that has been established is, you have to pay to play. PM me.
      04-30-2016, 01:27 AM   #13
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Sorry guys, our last post was deleted because it was deemed commercial in nature. Oddly enough, we didn't even realize that our longstanding M3Post sponsorship didn't include F8X M3/M4. Good news though, we've upgraded our Bimmerpost sponsorship to now include F8X M3/M4 and you will surely see us around a lot more as we've got some really great things cooking.

(we didn't save the original post, so we'll do our best to recap)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE Urlaub
The purpose of our previous post was confirming the plausibility of the information provided by GM at the OP's local Cincinnati dealership regarding future availability of the OEM GTS Water Injection components.

We've received the same information so it seems to be just a matter of time, but we've also heard that it may require a GTS VIN to place an order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas

We'll wait and see.
We agreed that the GTS Water Injection system is fairly complex, but wanted to share that we confirmed that the ECU in the current F8X M3/M4 is absolutely identical to the ECU utilized in the GTS.

We've already been in the R&D phase for utilizing the GTS features built into the factory ECU ... not only for future water injection integration ...but to take advantage of many of the other cool/useful features offered in the GTS.

I said we'd share more information in an official capacity next week, but as a teaser (and now as a proper sponsor) we've already unlocked and implemented many of the GTS features into our soon to be re-released Stage 1 and Stage 2 ECU Software, as well as our NEW DCT/TCU Software.
  • GTS "Roar" start up sequence.
  • GTS Oil Fill Level raised from 98mm to 122mm (for track duty)
  • GTS Exhaust Burble/Overrun Feature
  • GTS Power Levels in Sport Display
  • etc...

Stay tuned ...

Appreciate 1
      04-30-2016, 02:06 AM   #14
Ragged Edge
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16F80,TR6,Defender,PA23-250T

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post
Sorry guys, our last post was deleted because it was deemed commercial in nature. Oddly enough, we didn't even realize that our longstanding M3Post sponsorship didn't include F8X M3/M4. Good news though, we've upgraded our Bimmerpost sponsorship to now include F8X M3/M4 and you will surely see us around a lot more as we've got some really great things cooking.

The purpose of our previous post was confirming the plausibility of the information provided by GM at the OP's local Cincinnati dealership regarding future availability of the OEM GTS Water Injection components.

We've received the same information so it seems to be just a matter of time, but we've also heard that it may require a GTS VIN to place an order.

We agreed that the GTS Water Injection system is fairly complex, but wanted to share that we confirmed that the ECU in the current F8X M3/M4 is absolutely identical to the ECU utilized in the GTS.

We've already been in the R&D phase for utilizing the GTS features built into the factory ECU ... not only for future water injection integration ...but to take advantage of many of the other cool/useful features offered in the GTS.

I said we'd share more information in an official capacity next week, but as a teaser (and now as a proper sponsor) we've already unlocked and implemented many of the GTS features into our soon to be re-released Stage 1 and Stage 2 ECU Software, as well as our NEW DCT/TCU Software.
  • etc...

Stay tuned ...

Sub'd.

Love to see that kind of power and cooling in my F80.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 04:30 AM   #15
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:

• etc...

Stay tuned ...

I want this DCT/TCU software!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 05:29 AM   #16
M3anPower
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE Urlaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas

We'll wait and see.

• etc...

Stay tuned ...

[IMG]http://www.huracantalk.com/forums/at...7&d=1461997543[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.playandroid.com/wp-conten...e-My-Money.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 09:12 AM   #17
chewbakam4
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post

We'll wait and see.
What's FSC?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 07:47 PM   #18
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:

• etc...

Stay tuned ...

Question:

Is the ZCP overrun the same as the GTS or does the GTS have a more aggressive overrun? It is difficult to tell from videos.

How is the GTS' cold start sequence different from the regular M4? Can you explain the GTS "roar" start sequence and how this differs from the standard M4?

Also, are/will you be developing a back-end flash to stack with the JB4 and enable to use of higher ethanol mixtures (higher than E30)?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 12:17 PM   #19
hova00
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

sub'd in for more info.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 04:00 PM   #20
momo3605
Major
Rep
Drives: M340i LCI, 718 GTS 4.0

Quote:

• etc...

Stay tuned ...

it's Monday! Any new details or videos? Very excited to learn more
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 04:07 PM   #21
Drew@Sonic MS
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Confirmed, we have this in our shop car and it is absolutely insane. After picking up the car we did a 4-5 hour hard drive to make sure the car drove solid. Not a single hiccup. I have 315/30/19 PSS Cup 2s in the back and and slip all the way till 4th. More information will come shortly.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 04:37 PM   #22
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep

As you guys can probably imagine, our inbox is already receiving PM's and we've had a number of phone calls today.

We'll start our own official thread in the next couple days (as promised) to share the official re-release.

For now, we're trying to arm our Authorized Dealers like Andrew and his team at Sonic MS with technical specs and pricing so that they are equally prepared on their end.

(I'll edit this post to include the link to the new thread once I hit "Submit".)
Appreciate 1