Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

08-16-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
flyin' low
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 SO/Black

BMW NA says car was delivered to dealership, but CA says it wasn't

So I'd ordered the F80 in July and I've been religiously tracking the car since then. Last week I'd called the BMW Genius line (most abused word IMHO) and they'd said that the car is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. My CA said that's impossible and that it was still in Germany but he called back within a few minutes with his tail between his legs and that the car would be at his store by Friday the 19th.
I called the G line again this morning and, lo and behold, the car was delivered to the dealer y'day! I called my CA and he says that it is not with him and that there is some miscommunication with the G people and the trucking company. He expects it to be delivered today or tomorrow.
I called G again (pretty soon they'll blacklist me) and got the VIN and they checked again and said that it was delivered y'day.
I'm not sure what I can do. Maybe I should just go over to the dealership and walk around and see if they have my car?! Maybe the guys there are taking it for a joyride?!
Please advise.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 02:11 PM   #2
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin' low View Post
So I'd ordered the F80 in July and I've been religiously tracking the car since then. Last week I'd called the BMW Genius line (most abused word IMHO) and they'd said that the car is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. My CA said that's impossible and that it was still in Germany but he called back within a few minutes with his tail between his legs and that the car would be at his store by Friday the 19th.
I called the G line again this morning and, lo and behold, the car was delivered to the dealer y'day! I called my CA and he says that it is not with him and that there is some miscommunication with the G people and the trucking company. He expects it to be delivered today or tomorrow.
I called G again (pretty soon they'll blacklist me) and got the VIN and they checked again and said that it was delivered y'day.
I'm not sure what I can do. Maybe I should just go over to the dealership and walk around and see if they have my car?! Maybe the guys there are taking it for a joyride?!
Please advise.

I'm going to talk you off the ledge....

I realize you're anxious, but unfortunately the dealer doesnt think of you as any special customer. In reality, the car could be sitting on the lot; but they havent had time to prep it (or they are super backed up). remember, its summer, tons of people on vacation.

If you take delivery of the car with more than 15 miles, then you know its been "joy rided" but in reality, the chances of that are slim. They know if you've purchased the car, and you get it delivered with more than delivery miles you'd be pissed and not do business with them....

You'll be fine dude, just stay patient. Maybe go over there and ask to see the car (nicely) because you're super anxious. Just don't get nasty with them

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50
      08-16-2016, 02:25 PM   #3
Apollo_1092
SITH
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Please advise.
Agree with the post above. I'm very particular when I see additional mileage on my car when I get service done so I know your stress. But just breath. My car was delivered with 5 miles and I'm sure yours will be right around the same. If it'll make you feel better you can always go to the dealership and try to find it, but that won't make anything go faster. It's going to take them a few days to get the car prepped, and while Genius might be telling you it's delivered, your CA could have no idea as I'm sure they get a bunch of cars each day. Mine was still being detailed when I went to go pick it up. And I highly doubt they're joyriding in a freshly delivered car (check the tires and wheel wells for rubber and a bunch of dirt if you're super concerned).

You'll have you car soon!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 02:32 PM   #4
sandwi54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G07, F90

No offense but you should calm down a bit. The car may have been delivered and off the truck, but your CA has not been notified of its arrival which means it hasn't been prepped yet. Granted your CA may not be doing his job 100% for mistaking the car being still in Germany, but give him time to do his job.

Where did you get the notion that the dealer is taking your car for a joyride anyway? You could refuse to take the delivery of the car if it has like 50 miles on it being brand new and no dealer in its sane mind would do that.
      08-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #5
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

R-E-L-A-X
      08-16-2016, 02:56 PM   #6
catchm3ifyoucann
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

Having worked the other side of the fence, sometimes a delay is done due to lack of staffing, a minor imperfection the dealer is trying to fix beforehand, prep + detailing, being able to dedicate a proper amount of time to you, and etc. A proactive CA would know exactly when your vehicle is supposed to get to the dealer but not all CAs are going to be calling and tracking the shipping company 24/7 to know just where 1 customers car is. Just relax, wait for your delivery day, and if anything arises take care of it then.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 02:59 PM   #7
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Go here and enter your VIN: https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipts/

If it was shipped with them and delivered it will spit out a signed delivery receipt showing your car and the date it was delivered. If you get that go to the dealer and put it in front of your CA. I would love to see the look on their face.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 03:01 PM   #8
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
Go here and enter your VIN: https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipts/

If it was shipped with them and delivered it will spit out a signed delivery receipt showing your car and the date it was delivered. If you get that go to the dealer and put it in front of your CA. I would love to see the look on their face.
And this is exactly how you make enemies at the dealership.

The OP will just need to be patient. This is a ridiculous topic. Reminds me of when my ex girlfriend used to think me not responding to her text within 15 min means i'm cheating on her.

RELAX

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 4
Draper3454.00
SakhirM410783.00
NOLATom104.00
      08-16-2016, 03:05 PM   #9
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post

The OP will just need to be patient. This is a ridiculous topic. Reminds me of when my ex girlfriend used to think me not responding to her text within 15 min means i'm cheating on her.

RELAX
If the CA is not aware that a clients vehicle has been delivered to their own dealership, they should be called out on it. I didn't say go in and raise hell, I said to bring in the proof that the car is there and find out why the CA is not aware of it. You are are buying a $70k+ car from them, they owe you decent customer service at least.
Appreciate 3
Dr. Who302.50
backagain345.00
      08-16-2016, 03:09 PM   #10
DBACE
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 LCI

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
2005 CBR1000RR  [10.00]
1995 ST1100  [9.00]
2009 Camry Hybrid  [0.00]
Cool Ferris Bueller's Day Off

The BMW Shops do not purposefully encourage the type of behavior you are worried about.....However some individuals who do not last long at the dealerships could be a cause for you to worry. Enjoy your car when you get it.
Attached Images

08-16-2016, 03:12 PM   #11
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post

RELAX
Well......?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 03:24 PM   #12
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Well......?
I did notice it's his EX girlfriend...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 03:25 PM   #13
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
If the CA is not aware that a clients vehicle has been delivered to their own dealership, they should be called out on it. I didn't say go in and raise hell, I said to bring in the proof that the car is there and find out why the CA is not aware of it. You are are buying a $70k+ car from them, they owe you decent customer service at least.
Not to burst your bubble, but a $70k BMW doesn't make you special. In the dealer's mind you're upper middle class, at best. Get used to it.
      08-16-2016, 04:14 PM   #14
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Nobody wants to joyride your M3. That's old news...

A GTS, on the other hand...
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410783.00
      08-16-2016, 05:16 PM   #15
F80 ZCP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Farm Truck

Quote:
Please advise.
I am amazed how quickly your car was delivered to the dealership. You ordered your car in July. It took just a little over a month to build, ship, and deliver your car. Meanwhile a lot of use have been waiting months for our scheduled delivery date. I ordered mine in May. CA and Genius don't even have a delivery date. Count your stars.
Appreciate 2
Dr. Who302.50
MadZarBMR712.00
      08-16-2016, 05:33 PM   #16
mrmoua2u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MW F80 ZCP

Give him the benefit of the doubt, but then again your CA sound shady too. Yeah, its $70k car and to the folks who are richer than this guy because he doesn't own a P-Car or Lambo doesn't mean he needs to be treated any less. A buy is a buy and we all want a little of accurate information, that's all.

Joyride...it can happen, but highly doubt it especially knowing its a special order M. You have the power to purchase or not. There's plenty of other dealerships around if it comes down to it.
Appreciate 1
Dr. Who302.50
      08-16-2016, 06:03 PM   #17
BMWFanatic2008
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 6MT

Go to the dealership on a day when your CA is off and look for your car. Or send a friend to look for it.

If you find it, then you can definitely put pressure on your CA to have it delivered to you as soon as possible.
Dr. Who302.50
      08-16-2016, 11:25 PM   #18
LakeShow23
Private
Rep
Drives: Everything

Maybe they are waiting to fix the recalled differential
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 11:34 PM   #19
flyin' low
Rep

Thank you all for the comments...
I've waited 13 years to get this car, 2 more days do not matter.
What bothers me is the fact that my CA is giving me wrong info when he knows that I can refute his data with just a call. All I'm asking for is honesty; I don't think that is asking for much even if I am buying an M3 and not a Lambo. I've had much better service at an Omega showroom.
My comment about the joyride is a hyperbolic worst case scenario and I know I can very well refuse to take delivery of the car. I thought most of you would see it as a joke...geez, lighten up!
That said, it is unfortunate that car dealerships still have this murky cloud that they perpetuate/fail to dispel. And this dealership is the only one in town and has a lousy reputation for customer service and my friend who got a 535 last year had a similar experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 12:30 PM   #20
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

A key bit of info you're forgetting...just because the car was unloaded by the truck driver to the dealer's lot does not automatically mean that the dealer has "checked it in". There's a very good chance it could be there and not know it yet. Deliveries come in all hours of the day and night. Most dealerships (depending on overall volume) have designated areas where cars get offloaded so the trucks can essentially drop and run. The dealership personnel then go through the cars and their internal system to check the cars in and add them to their inventory.

The only thing the folks at Genius are able to see is that the shipping company has indicated that the car was discharged. They can't see the dealer's inventory system. Don't automatically assume that you're being misled or told half-truths.
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2016, 06:26 PM   #21
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

Don't dealers have the same access to the info that Genius is looking at? When you told him the info Genius provided, he could at least log into his system to verify, then sort out the discrepancy. Doesn't sound like he is doing his job.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 07:04 AM   #22
flyin' low
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
A key bit of info you're forgetting...just because the car was unloaded by the truck driver to the dealer's lot does not automatically mean that the dealer has "checked it in". There's a very good chance it could be there and not know it yet. Deliveries come in all hours of the day and night. Most dealerships (depending on overall volume) have designated areas where cars get offloaded so the trucks can essentially drop and run. The dealership personnel then go through the cars and their internal system to check the cars in and add them to their inventory.

The only thing the folks at Genius are able to see is that the shipping company has indicated that the car was discharged. They can't see the dealer's inventory system. Don't automatically assume that you're being misled or told half-truths.
I guess you missed the first gaffe he made about the car location...
That's ok. I'm fine waiting for the car as long as it takes.
Appreciate 0