GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #45
F80_Greg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80_Greg View Post
I sent over an email describing all the steps i did and antilag did not work. Hoping for a reply soon, not sure if i missed a step. Has anyone here successful been able to convert over a custom tune, flash, and get antilag working? Thanks in advance
Works for me! I converted my custom and my older OTS map. Incredible work guys!
Which custom tuner do you have if you don't mind? Another buddy of mine who has a Cary tune just converted over to the new ROM and his antilag did not work either. Trying to figure out if this is isolated with Cary tunes only. Still waiting on support from proTUNING Freaks
      03-11-2021, 02:26 PM   #46
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Actually, based on what I read in some posts and on the wiki pages, I think this is technically possible - just not easy to do it at the end user level right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f80fan View Post
That certain seems to be the case. Shame we all misconstrued what was being delivered in the promo vid back in October
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritz27 View Post
And it appears in the OTS multimap one cannot individually configure the options for each of the 4 OTS slots (so can't adjust burbles for OTS Stage 1 vs OTS CS, for example). All config settings get applied to all 4 slots it appears.

Gotta keep the tuners in biz I guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbertels View Post
Same for me, but insert stage 2 in Map 3 slot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydrivenm4 View Post
Beating a dead horse here, but this would be fantastic. If someone figures out how to do this on a end user basis, please let us know or PM me.

Thanks!
Some comforting news...

I have just received a response from PTF... and this feature will be coming. See attached for the response from PTF.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 08.20.48 pm.png
Views: 1421
Size:  82.1 KB
f80fan15.00
      03-11-2021, 02:29 PM   #47
E92TiAg335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 Azurite/Opal DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINERALWHITE_F80M3 View Post
Yeahhhhh not what we expected. I was just hoping to switch on the fly from the stage 2 e30 map to stage 2 93 with anti lag in both
Why would they put an ethanol blend map as a map slot when you have flex fuel?! You're missing the point of flex fuel. It does anything from 0 to 100 ethanol for you bro, way better than doing some fixed blend
Agreed. It's like map 5 JB4 for my old 335 with the flex fuel integration.

In lay man's term— "go fill up e85 at any gas station and the computer will adjust for whatever quality/octane it is!"
      03-11-2021, 02:30 PM   #48
F80_Greg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Update: See attached message from PTF for anyone experiencing issues with converting a custom map to work with the new features.
Attached Images

03-11-2021, 02:51 PM   #49
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Update: See attached message from PTF for anyone experiencing issues with converting a custom map to work with the new features.
Hi Greg, thank you for reporting this to us. That message went out a bit too quickly. The update will be live soon for this convert change and we will post an update here so everyone's in the loop
Appreciate 3
gspannu198.50
F80_Greg135.50
FSociety3810.00
      03-11-2021, 03:22 PM   #50
c4ss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 BMW M3 ZCP 6MT

Any install videos for Flex Fuel sensor?

Is this the one everyone is going with? https://www.amazon.com/Zeitronix-Eth.../dp/B00R1UOY9U
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 04:00 PM   #51
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Trabant

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
ROM (read only memory) but its actually writeable during flashing, confuse everyone even more now? ROM is just an abbreviation typically used in the tuning world to represent software, instead of data (aka calibration, aka tables).

We have a lot explained on the Wiki in detail with screenshots and videos but in a nutshell, you have two OTS maps to pick from, Stage 1 and 2.

The new Stage 1 FlexFuel AntiLag Multimap contains 4 switchable map slots each of which represents a Stage 1 map for the octane described in the map's description:

Map1: ACN91 octane
Map2: 91 octane
Map3: 93 octane
Map4: CS stock power map

They're preset, just like any prior OTS map we had so far.

If you flash this new Stage 1 'multimap' OTS you'll be able to use map switching to switch among the 4 map slots at any time while in the car using the steering wheel without any further reflashing (instructions posted in the link in the first post, along with videos). AntiLag is enabled in all four map slots and if that's your thing, you can trigger it at any time in any map by holding the UP button (1st position) on your Cruise Control buttons, left side of the steering wheel, and then pressing on the Accelerator Pedal going WOT which builds boost and you let go of the Cruise Control UP button to take off with boost on tap.

Flex Fuel is enabled on all 4 map slots in both of these OTS maps. Regardless of the map slot you're in, if you have the Flex Fuel sensor connected in the car to its CANBus (email us for instructions if needed) the DME will see ethanol % content and in realtime adjust your aggression higher the higher your ethanol content is in the tank, making more power and torque than any of the 4 Map Slots do when running without the Flex Fuel sensor connected. The same story goes for the Stage 2 map.

Combining existing/old OTS maps into a multimap is not something currently supported and why the new OTS maps are offered instead. However, any existing map can be converted to a CustomROM one to enable the AntiLag feature on it.

Any further details please email us at support@protuningfreaks.com and we'll do our best to help answer them.

Best to email us and we'll review it with you
I don't need "Flex fuel"! I don't have access to ethanol blend fuels where I live.

I was told by Zanin or Serge that I would be able to have 4 maps "of my choosing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
I have a similar requirement and I was thinking of a similar setup as well...

Map1: Stock Map
Map2: Stage 0 GTS
Map3: Stage CS+
Map4: Stage 1

Is this setup possible with the new update?
I just need something like this!

03-11-2021, 04:11 PM   #52
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Has anyone tried the antilag? IF so, how is it?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 04:19 PM   #53
F80_Greg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Quote:
Hi Greg, thank you for reporting this to us. That message went out a bit too quickly. The update will be live soon for this convert change and we will post an update here so everyone's in the loop
Awesome, thanks for letting me know!
      03-11-2021, 04:19 PM   #54
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Trabant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorstein View Post
The potential problem (credibility/trust) I'm seeing here is that they announced it too soon!

Way back around October/November "CoVi - 20".

So, we're all left here left here with consumers' anxiety. Running all sorts of hypotheticals
in our brains about, "why so long?" along with ever increasing and arguably unfounded
expectations about the potential finished product/result.

Both scenarios that will more than likely may lead to a let down for some.

I warned about this.

03-11-2021, 04:26 PM   #55
F80_Greg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Has anyone tried the antilag? IF so, how is it?
From what i heard from a buddy on OTS stage 2 with stock turbos, he said it wasn't a huge difference. He still said it was fun and much better for a roll race if need be. Maybe on default settings I'm assuming the boost is pretty decent, maybe like full boost @ 21-22psi on stock turbos. I figure it's not going to be very drastic on setups with much larger turbos that need 30+ psi to be at peak boost. But then again, nearly instant 30lbs of boost is ALOT of force on the power train. Being on Pure ST2+ myself i think I'd be okay with the OTS default boost levels the antilag will provide. Should be much safer on the power train & rear end.
      03-11-2021, 06:57 PM   #56
todd20
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 m4

So your telling me I can just put full E85 in my car now under (Stage 2 91) tune and it will work? Very interesting. Im sure the tuners wont be too happy about this
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 07:07 PM   #57
F80_Greg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd20 View Post
So your telling me I can just put full E85 in my car now under (Stage 2 91) tune and it will work? Very interesting. Im sure the tuners wont be too happy about this
No, you most definitely should not be running a higher ethanol content in your fuel tank on a 91 tune other than the standard amount of e10-15 that is already in pump gas. The car will not run correctly and it will be dangerous for your engine as the dme will think you have full e85 in the tank. Tuning wise, timing, spark, and fuel trims are completely different between pump gas and full ethanol tunes. You would need to find a custom tuner like Cary Jordan, Paul Johnson, or many other popular tuners on this platform so they can make a custom tune for your specific setup.
      03-11-2021, 07:12 PM   #58
dirtygrid
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Quote:
No, you most definitely should not be running a higher ethanol content in your fuel tank on a 91 tune other than the standard amount of e10-15 that is already in pump gas. The car will not run correctly and it will be dangerous for your engine as the dme will think you have full e85 in the tank. Tuning wise, timing, spark, and fuel trims are completely different between pump gas and full ethanol tunes. You would need to find a custom tuner like Cary Jordan, Paul Johnson, or many other popular tuners on this platform so they can make a custom tune for your specific setup.
Doesn't the flex fuel functionality of the CustomROM account for that? It can compensate from 0 to 100% ethanol apparently
      03-11-2021, 07:15 PM   #59
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4ss View Post
Any install videos for Flex Fuel sensor?

Is this the one everyone is going with? https://www.amazon.com/Zeitronix-Eth.../dp/B00R1UOY9U
The brand is recommended by ptf but This specific one doesnt mention Can Bus kit.
On the zeitronix website with Can Bus is $399
Appreciate 1
c4ss102.50
      03-11-2021, 07:22 PM   #60
todd20
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygrid View Post
Doesn't the flex fuel functionality of the CustomROM account for that? It can compensate from 0 to 100% ethanol apparently
Thats what I was saying

I already have full e85 tune for my car. This would be useful when you switch to 91 every 5k miles because since the car is still going to have some e85 in there but the flex fuel will be able to adjust accordingly to this right?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 07:23 PM   #61
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
With all due respect i think your wrong.. the whole point of the FF with the sensor is to switch to e85 no matter what percentage of ethanol amd back to pump gas without flashing.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 07:32 PM   #62
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep

I just recently purchased jordans custom e85 tune 6 weeks ago. Havent had the time to actually fill the car up with ethanol and datalog it. With my setup im anticipating roughly 585 whp. All i can say is if these ots maps with FF arent near that power im not waisting time and money. Dont really care for antilag and dont care for ease of switching maps. All in it for the ponies.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 07:48 PM   #63
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4h2o View Post
Quote:
Quote:
With all due respect i think your wrong.. the whole point of the FF with the sensor is to switch to e85 no matter what percentage of ethanol amd back to pump gas without flashing.
You are correct. That is the whole point of the "flex fuel" OTS maps but you need a ECA (ethanol content analyzer) like the zeitronix eca2 canbus and a ff sensor to read the fuel/e ratio.
      03-11-2021, 07:56 PM   #64
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are correct. That is the whole point of the "flex fuel" OTS maps but you need a ECA (ethanol content analyzer) like the zeitronix eca2 canbus and a ff sensor to read the fuel/e ratio.
100%... another $399 from my bank account😂
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 08:37 PM   #65
F80_Greg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly what i was referring too. His question was simply if he could run e85 on a 91 tune which is no.. With the ethanol analyzers and readers it's a whole different story. I guess we will see how this all plays out since it's all brand new and we aren't exactly 100% sure on how everything needs to be setup just yet to work flawlessly
      03-11-2021, 08:47 PM   #66
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygrid View Post
Thats what I was saying

I already have full e85 tune for my car. This would be useful when you switch to 91 every 5k miles because since the car is still going to have some e85 in there but the flex fuel will be able to adjust accordingly to this right?
With the new ots multimap if you don't want to get the flex fuel hardware for your car to automatically make adjustments it's my understanding that you can manually put in your ethanol percentage in the new Live Adjustments tab and it forces the car to compensate for whatever ethanol percentage you plug in. If I had to guess though the E85 flex fuel tune is probably pretty watered down since it is an ots tune after all. If I had to guess it might make 550 whp at most.

Edit: take what I say with a grain of salt though. I'm not PTF so that may not be how it works exactly
You can do the override E% without an ethanol sensor, but the % resets when you restart your car (Homer- DOH!). Keep your laptop handy!