proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #177
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
Then they need to grow up and take the higher road.
Agreed
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 09:56 PM   #178
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I'll back up what Sakhir is saying here. There have been plenty of people stating that they wouldn't buy this car without a comp package, LED tail lights and first year reliability issues. At best we 2015ers made a mistake or are flat out idiots for buying the first model year etc. Those are the big 3, but there is more.

Apparently, I spend far too much time here if you missed these never ending discussions.

Oh yeah, you guys enjoy waiting for those unbelievably cool must have tail lights. I'll be driving this summer and have a BMWCCA car control clinic this Sunday.
there's a difference. the guys you're describing as waiting are merely stating personal preferences - saying they would wait for ZCP for their own car. that's not nearly the same as saying that the guys who bought the car early are fools. on the other hand, many of those who bought a 2015 in this thread are prescribing how other people should time their car purchases, mocking anyone who chose to wait. the difference is that the former is a personal attack, the latter is merely stating a personal choice.

and thanks for making my point with your childish remark at the end. for the record, I'm neither here. I wish I could have bought the 2015 last summer, but had to save for a house that I just bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
I am not going to look for them and I very specifically said that it has gone both ways. Some members have already agreed with my post.

Sorry, didn't mean to upset you. I voiced my opinion in response to the "bashing" comment. You don't have to agree and that is fine.
not upset here. just trying to understand what you're describing, because I honestly haven't seen it.
Appreciate 4
      05-07-2015, 09:58 PM   #179
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
not upset here. just trying to understand what you're describing, because I honestly haven't seen it.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 10:10 PM   #180
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
there's a difference. the guys you're describing as waiting are merely stating personal preferences - saying they would wait for ZCP for their own car. that's not nearly the same as saying that the guys who bought the car early are fools. on the other hand, many of those who bought a 2015 in this thread are prescribing how other people should time their car purchases, mocking anyone who chose to wait. the difference is that the former is a personal attack, the latter is merely stating a personal choice.

and thanks for making my point with your childish remark at the end. for the record, I'm neither here. I wish I could have bought the 2015 last summer, but had to save for a house that I just bought.

Dude, get a sense of humor, it is a car forum and not heart surgery. I was joking. You asked a question and I answered it. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. People fight over all sorts of stupid things on forums, why is this one so hard for you to believe?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 10:32 PM   #181
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude, get a sense of humor, it is a car forum and not heart surgery. I was joking. You asked a question and I answered it. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. People fight over all sorts of stupid things on forums, why is this one so hard for you to believe?
cool, bro. I just didn't realize how funny your comment was until now.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 10:33 PM   #182
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
you're not pissed off about the series are you? some good action tonight
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 10:36 PM   #183
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

ok talking more about the announcements.

Ive come to the conclusion the two new individual colours are the two worst colours BMW has ever made. Given that both are universally terrible i think its a bit of a prank being played on us. I expect there must be some better colour options on the horizon.

For those of you who have done custom colours (non BMW colours) does BMW charge you for each colour you send them asking if they can replicate it? Can you send more then one at a time in case one is declined? How long does it take to hear back?

If nothing better comes im going ot ask about Blu Mirabeau
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2015, 10:47 PM   #184
Arcoril
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S, AP2 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Ive come to the conclusion the two new individual colours are the two worst colours BMW has ever made. Given that both are universally terrible i think its a bit of a prank being played on us. I expect there must be some better colour options on the horizon.
Nah. Champagne Quartz is pretty awesome. Looks amazing in the sunlight and turns the paint from a flat gray to a gold abalone-ish pearl.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 11:04 PM   #185
FAM3
Major
Rep
Drives: M5

As long as they keep Yas Marina Blue I will be happy!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 11:13 PM   #186
Mario_Kart
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328

If they bring on Lemans, Interlagos, San Marino or even Santorini. Then I will totally regret not waiting to get a 2016.

I was cheap and didn't want to fork out a few grand for individual paint.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2015, 11:17 PM   #187
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:
Your joke has zero sense of humor, you are exactly the type of early adapters who mock on people waiting for 2016. Believe it or not plenty of us have other cool cars to drive around during summer.

Brosef couldn't have said it better.
      05-07-2015, 11:22 PM   #188
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
cool, bro. I just didn't realize how funny your comment was until now.
You must have selective memory if you cant remember any posts with people bashing early adopters.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 11:23 PM   #189
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy07 View Post
Your joke has zero sense of humor, you are exactly the type of early adapters who mock on people waiting for 2016. Believe it or not plenty of us have other cool cars to drive around during summer.

Brosef couldn't have said it better.
Hey you already have a 16 apparently
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 12:02 AM   #190
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Not really diggin it,
Even my bm sales said it looked like a 1 series!
      05-08-2015, 12:06 AM   #191
carsrmyvice
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80

I'll say it since I won't be around long. This forum, at times, comes across childish as shit. You don't see this kind of ridiculous bickering on rennlist.

Enjoy your car and enable others to order a bimmer. It's that simple folks. :2:
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 12:10 AM   #192
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

At least the '15 owners aren't getting the shorter end of the stick like the '08 owners did when the '09's came out. The LCI tails do look a lot nicer, but not as big of a difference as the e90 was.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 12:58 AM   #193
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]

2015 Vs 2016
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 01:35 AM   #194
scm6079
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, Lotus Exige S260

Garage List
Seriously ... I'm still really hoping for a real red, but I'd take a blue. The current colors are all awful, IMO. Makes me want to just keep my e92.

Last edited by scm6079; 05-08-2015 at 01:59 AM..
Appreciate 3
      05-08-2015, 04:05 AM   #195
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Man, this stuff is comical...honestly. There are more 2015 owners in any "LCI" thread, than there are perspective buyers... All here seemingly to validate their purchase of a 2015. LMAO

Nobody really cares...great, you win...against who? Your own rational side who wanted you to wait for a 16? lol...

We don't even have all the information about 16's yet, according to Jason. MSRP, options, packaging of options, new colors...or not.

You guys claim to be "enjoying your cars for the past 4, 5, 6 months"...all i see is a bunch of dudes wasting time on a forum trolling 2016 LCI threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
Blows my mind how many 2015 owners are in here bashing the minimal upgrade and validating their purchase of the 2015. But then it is m3post after all. No surprises at the maturity level here.
I'm not validating anything to anyone except me and not even that. My post was basically humorous and sarcasm, none of which come off too well in print, which lacks voice tones, facial expressions, and body language.

There has been plenty of bashing here going to 2015 owners whether overtly or in innuendos, and not only as it relates to LCI updates, there's a whole 'nother level of ironic ridicule going on as it relates to the release of the new more powerful AMGs with kewl exhausts and how waiting the new 2016s led to better horizons with the AMGs.

If the changes were dramatic I'd still made the same comments but OMG how 2015 owners would have gotten shitted on would have been epic(reflections from the E92, all over again). I bought the car I want now today, tomorrow's will always, always be different. If tomorrow is literally tomorrow I'll wait but six months is too much....after surviving two deployments and seeing countless friends pass away or have life changing experiences, I'd rather live in the moment and be happy in that. So I did "win", against myself lols....2016 guys win too, they got new lights marginally better resale and the option to choose an AMG.

You two need to lighten up and buy a car already to release some of that built up tension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
They are doing it because they were getting tired of being bashed as "early adopters" and continually told how much smarter the people waiting for the 2016 LCI were ..... Goes both ways.
True, particularly as I just bought my car in February, which was seen as a waste to some extent since the new one would be out with a 500hp more comp pac, laser lights and new better colors. It hasn't been a rampant overt issue but the tone has been there for sure.

Quote:
who the hell bashes the 2015 owners as "early adopters?" I've spent more time on this forum than I'm proud to admit, and I've never seen anyone bash a 2015 owner for buying the car.
Obviously you haven't been here "enough" and clearly I've been here too much.
It's out there....

Quote:
care to show any posts with someone condemning anyone as an "early adopter"? I'm just trying to understand what you're referring to. on the other hand, there are countless people condemning anyone who is waiting for a 2016 as a fool.
Oh yeah, like I'm going to spend hours searching threads just for you. There are numerous posters bringing up the issue, are we all liars....
There aren't specific "Hate 2015 Owner" threads if that's what you expect, there are just comments floating in and around threads of all kinds that point to the idea that 2015 guys would soon have an outdated car of sorts and actually most of the comments I've seen are in threads relating to purchasing a 2016, whether the waiting was a timing(summer vaca in EU for example), financial, LCI concern you could always count on coming across a comment referencing a 2015 purchase in some negative way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
I'd be curious to see those threads as well!!
....maybe you need to be more curious.

Don't stare at the finger....or you will miss all that heavenly glory. Bruce Lee
I read all kinds of threads on this forum, just because it's my first BMW and M car, so I read threads that have to do with purchasing, lights, wheels, controls, everything. I even enter threads about the six speed trans although I have a DCT, and believe me, I discovered things in those threads too. Next thread I'm reading is regarding "no lift upshift in a 6-speed", but I have a DCT...so.
When you read through the whole forum as I do, I can always count on an innuendo about 2015 ownership or lack there of.

It's clear to me you may be looking at the "finger".....
That was humour by the way, see my little emoticons at the end of the sentence..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
You must have selective memory if you cant remember any posts with people bashing early adopters.
I agree.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 05:52 AM   #196
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky View Post
Of all of the LCI changes, I'm most interested in the sliding cup holder cover. The drop-in piece, when bmw were including them, are a bit of a PITA
I looked closer at the hi-rez pictures of the M3 interior, and it doesn't appear the M3 gets the sliding cupholder and revised accessory tray immediate to the front of the holders, either. Possibly BMW made a photoshop mistake? The new trim around the vents is present in the picture.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 07:15 AM   #197
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm6079 View Post
Seriously ... I'm still really hoping for a real red, but I'd take a blue. The current colors are all awful, IMO. Makes me want to just keep my e92.

I thought your post was funny man!

Why does everyone feel the urge to buy an f80? Just keep the e92 M! It's an awesome M car, and I am sure you love it! Besides, if the colors are the only thing deterring you from buying an f80, than you may be missing the whole point of it. Or perhaps you don't need it that much, since you already drive a fantastic e92 M3! And if you do buy an f80, just skip the executive package and get an individual color. BMW has literally went to every length to please everyone, everywhere in the WORLD by offering individual options and colors but of course ... folks still complain. I want BMW to make standard to everyone else ... a color that IIIIIII like ... FOR FREEEEEE!

People. They're the WORST! (Not you. And definitely not me. Maybe no one reading this thread either. Just other people.)
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 07:21 AM   #198
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by texxy View Post
As long as they keep Yas Marina Blue I will be happy!
It appears to be the case, since the release pictures are in YMB. I personally like YMB a lot! So I'm not complaining. If I didn't have an Estoril Blue II f30 at one point, I may have went for the YMB with my f80.
Appreciate 1