proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-17-2021, 05:44 PM   #1
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: All Things TurboCharged

VTT GC equipped S55 runs 9.62@149...

VTT S55 GC domination continues. Another stock motor S55 GC car in the 9's (That's SIX), and a built motor car sets a new GC record. 9.62@149... Still waiting for another turbo manufacturer to even get one stock motor S55 in the 9's... Tick Tock... Of course Cary Jordan on the tune. Nice work Jeners Nieves and all the Bimmer PR team! Setting the bar high! #VTT #VTTFAMILY #VTTDOMINATION #GAMECHANGERS
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
Wanted_M759.00
F80_Greg135.50
jpy19801581.50
mdma-zn51.50
      01-17-2021, 07:08 PM   #2
MJ6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Notable achievement!

But is "tick tock" in reference to how long the turbo will last before it fails, or the fact that other manufacturers don't have anything to prove by being more concerned with reliability and longevity over that of setting records?

For Sale
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 07:09 PM   #3
M2C_OZ
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Congrats guys, and its true i still havent seen other manufacturers run 9's
👏🏽 👏🏽 👏🏽
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 07:12 PM   #4
M2C_OZ
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6 View Post
Notable achievement!

But is "tick tock" in reference to how long the turbo will last before it fails, or the fact that other manufacturers don't have anything to prove by being more concerned with reliability and longevity over that of setting records?
You wanna set records and actually drive hard then yeah things are gonna break at some point. Smh
Appreciate 5
      01-17-2021, 07:55 PM   #5
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS

That's moving, nice job and congrats to all involved.
ARM DP's/Resonated Mid-pipe | SPL links | Hotchkis bars | JRZ RS2/camber plates | K&N | Koyorad HX | Powerflex purple | Rouge | Spiegler | Speed Eng. snorkel | Vargas CBC/hub | Wagner IC | xHP | Xpel stealth ppf
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 08:02 PM   #6
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Nice job! This is why I bought Vargas!
Appreciate 2
      01-17-2021, 08:45 PM   #7
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Notable achievement!

Yep, they're leaning on them hard. Just like everyone does when you set a record -that's what competition is. The simple fact is that no one else has turbos on a stock motor going 9's. We now have 6 cars. That's not a one time flash in the pan. Best value on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C_OZ View Post
You wanna set records and actually drive hard then yeah things are gonna break at some point. Smh

Exactly. No one is thinking a 9.62 is on 87 octane and stock boost. Car is properly prepped, clearly great attention to detail, and yep, some holy water in the cooling system. That's how records are broken!

Chris
Appreciate 3
MJ6963.50
davyent10.50
      01-17-2021, 10:21 PM   #8
M4XS55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Notable achievement!

With all due respect, I don’t think VTT mentioning records set by VTT customers equates to being less concerned with reliability and longevity. All turbo manufacturers have had failures so I’m not sure what the criteria is to determine a company’s level of concern. After researching aftermarket turbo options for quite a while, I don’t see any reason to believe S55 GC turbos are any less reliable than other aftermarket options out there and from what I have read and experienced, Chris has always shown concern for his products and customers.

As far as having something to prove, all turbo manufacturers have promoted their achievements of higher power and lower times: Vbox, Dragy, drag strip, or dyno. That is the point of obtaining and/or posting a time slip or dyno chart - it’s the proof used for the countless manufacturers or customers trying to prove something.

So why the hate?

When all of the fastest stock motor cars were running hybrids, that manufacturer openly promoted it and good for them - they earned the right to promote it. Now it’s VTT’s turn.
Appreciate 4
      01-18-2021, 12:20 AM   #9
MJ6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4XS55 View Post
As far as having something to prove, all turbo manufacturers have promoted their achievements of higher power and lower times: Vbox, Dragy, drag strip, or dyno. That is the point of obtaining and/or posting a time slip or dyno chart - it’s the proof used for the countless manufacturers or customers trying to prove something.

So why the hate?

When all of the fastest stock motor cars were running hybrids, that manufacturer openly promoted it and good for them - they earned the right to promote it. Now it’s VTT’s turn.
It's not hate, far from it; I respect VTT as a company that's brought both healthy competition and resourceful products to the F8x platform. In this case it's more a matter of professionalism.

Touting your achievements is one thing, but belittling and attempting to throw shade at other vendors as a marketing strategy in order to promote and sell your products is another entirely:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech View Post
Still waiting for another turbo manufacturer to even get one stock motor S55 in the 9's... Tick Tock...
Quote:
If you want a lot of lag, and the same power potential for more money, the PS2+ is what you want.
Quote:
If you overlay our graphs with some Ball Bearing upgrades currently found on the market you will see our units spool better, and hold similar power up top for 1/3rd of the price.
Quote:
If people want to buy your upgrade based on dyno numbers that is their choice, but please do not to try to sell them in a thread about our properly priced S55 turbo upgrades breaking actual real-world records on the track.

Never yet have I witnessed any other vendor go to such heights (or stoop to such lows) in order to advance their products. Chris does an admirable job by defusing situations and providing solutions in many cases, however it also appears that Tony's perchance for crassness and distasteful marketing tactics persist.

I'm sure as a company VTT is no doubt quite successful, but with an image refresh and competent PR they could likely be even more so.

Just my 2¢ for all it's worth.

Last edited by MJ6; 01-18-2021 at 01:32 AM..
Appreciate 2
M4XS5557.00
davyent10.50
      01-18-2021, 07:11 AM   #10
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It's not hate, far from it; I respect VTT as a company that's brought both healthy competition and resourceful products to the F8x platform. In this case it's more a matter of professionalism.

Touting your achievements is one thing, but belittling and attempting to throw shade at other vendors as a marketing strategy in order to promote and sell your products is another entirely:

Never yet have I witnessed any other vendor go to such heights (or stoop to such lows) in order to advance their products. Chris does an admirable job by defusing situations and providing solutions in many cases, however it also appears that Tony's perchance for crassness and distasteful marketing tactics persist.

I'm sure as a company VTT is no doubt quite successful, but with an image refresh and competent PR they could likely be even more so.

Just my 2¢ for all it's worth.
Never have you witnessed any other company? You must be walking around with your eyes closed... If calling out other manufactures is unprofessional and belittling. Someone get Ford on the line, or Dodge, or Chevy, or Ferrari, or Porsche, or Audi. Big Auto calls each out ALL THE TIME, and not always in a nice way. Dodge just put a logo of a T-Rex eating a raptor on its new TRX which is a direct Ford Raptor competitor. So let me guess Dodge should be scolded for belittling Ford. They made a truck with more power, and more features, but they should not brag about it, or talk about it at all. Shame on you Dodge... It's called COMPETITON, we're not friends were competitors. So yes, we are STILL the only company with not only 1, but 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Stock S55's in the 9's. Tick Tock to the other guys...

Last edited by Chris@VargasTurboTech; 01-18-2021 at 10:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 09:10 AM   #11
MJ6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Never have you witnessed any other company?....It's called COMPETITON
If you'll notice, I used the word "vendor", in this case meant to denote the focus of this particular forum being that of the F8x platform.

I've absolutely seen Dodge, BMW, Audi, even Tesla engage in competitive tactics, and this is purely due to the nature of the industry. However, this is a forum of enthusiasts; sure there are various vendors on here that sell many of the same parts, but the difference is that they all exist to support and promote a particular niche of the car community.

When is the last time you witnessed Pure belittle your turbos?
Kratos out and out goad you for not having a vehicle that's achieved the 1k whp mark?
Has SSR or Maximum PSI ever harassed you over the design or your Spline Lock hub fix?
What about the multitude of other sponsored vendors on this forum who sell any number of similar products, do they participate in the practice of throwing each other under the bus in an attempt to increase their market share?

The only vendor I see doing such is VTT, and as I've witnessed on other forums it appears to be Tony's MO.

By all means promote your company; let your success and products speak for themselves and you'll garner a true and loyal following. But if you find the need to discredit other companies in order to sell your wares, don't be surprised when your companies quality and character are brought into question.

You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

For Sale
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2021, 09:13 AM   #12
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Witness a SJW in the automotive scene. Step riiiiiight up.

SIGH.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2021, 09:21 AM   #13
MJ6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Witness a SJW in the automotive scene. Step riiiiiight up.

SIGH.
Lol, far from it. Just get tired of seeing VTT tooting their own horn given the exceptionally "colorful" history of their their owner and products. But hey, if you want to condone such behavior by all means do so.

I just call it as I see it.

For Sale
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2021, 09:25 AM   #14
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol, far from it. Just get tired of seeing VTT tooting their own horn given their exceptionally "colorful" history. But hey, if you want to condone such a company by all means do so.

I just call it as I see it.
As have I. Since the dawn of time if two men were in a room, even more so in a competitive fashion, shit talking commenced. It’s what we do. No amount of “please be nicer” or virtue signaling will eradicate it. I do condone companies poking at each other as it forces the competition of free market. It’s one thing I’d they are out of line, but “tick tock” bothers you? Bet you’re the life of the party.
Appreciate 2
MJ6963.50
davyent10.50
      01-18-2021, 09:38 AM   #15
MJ6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
As have I. Since the dawn of time if two men were in a room, even more so in a competitive fashion, shit talking commenced. It's what we do. No amount of "please be nicer" or virtue signaling will eradicate it. I do condone companies poking at each other as it forces the competition of free market. It's one thing I'd they are out of line, but "tick tock" bothers you? Bet you're the life of the party.
I've been known to be, lol
Again though, perhaps I'm projecting a character trait that I wish was more common in this day and age, so in that context I suppose it could be considered "virtue signaling" which wasn't my intention.
I'm all for the occasional ribbing and shit talking, don't get me wrong, and it's not just about the "tick rock" commentary. When you witness someone (or in this case a company) constantly having to build up their image by claiming to one up someone else when no one has directly presented them with a challenge, one begins to question their integrity and self confidence.

If you have to tell people how bad-ass you are in order to believe it yourself, how bad-ass are you really?

For Sale
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 09:42 AM   #16
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've been known to be, lol
Again though, perhaps I'm projecting a character trait that I wish was more common in this day and age, so in that context I suppose it could be considered "virtue signaling" which wasn't my intention.
I'm all for the occasional ribbing and shit talking, don't get me wrong, and it's not just about the "tick rock" commentary. When you witness someone (or in this case a company) constantly having to build up their image by claiming to one up someone else when no one has directly presented them with a challenge, one begins to question their integrity and self confidence.

If you have to tell people how bad-ass you are in order to believe it yourself, how bad-ass are you really?
LOL thanks for being a sport and I see your point. I would say, not in disagreement but in honest fashion, how have you derived the conclusion they are building themselves up by destroying another? I have surely not read every post so I could be missing something, but their MO doesn’t say as much to me. Maybe that’s where my perception of a stretch is coming from.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 09:46 AM   #17
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Create your own thread if you want to complain.

One of our boys got into the nines for the first time, and another made fastest time on a certain platform. Both are solid accomplishments.

Let's get the thread back on track.
jpy19801581.50
davyent10.50
      01-18-2021, 10:04 AM   #18
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Great job guys!!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
      01-18-2021, 10:04 AM   #19
MJ6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post

Create your own thread if you want to complain.

One of our boys got into the nines for the first time, and another made fastest time on a certain platform. Both are solid accomplishments.

Let's get the thread back on track.
Indeed.
Awesome accomplishment regardless; my apologies for derailing the thread.

I think I'll go have some Irish coffee and enjoy the rest of my morning

For Sale
Appreciate 2
jpy19801581.50
davyent10.50