EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

12-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #23
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
So is Fall Line making the switch to the F82 platform for next years Continental Tire Series season?
Fall Line does have some news to release for the 2015 season, but I am not at liberty to share details just yet. We'll update the forum as soon as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Wow, awesome goodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post

So sick! Love seeing high end suspension solutions. Keep it up!
Thank you! We are proud to have been involved in this process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
Yup no compromise for suspension set up components

RSS kit is what I used on my GT2, would be keen to try these fall line parts with my CS set up on the M4

What about adjustable drop links to allow for perfect corner weight set up?
I'm glad you mentioned them! We'll be releasing anti roll bar end links very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroc View Post
Wow. Impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun of it View Post
Impressive, my shopping list just expanded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
Race car suspension, yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahzari View Post
Classified? What's classified? My guess is Lexan windows
Unfortunately we can't reveal more just yet. [

[QUOTE=gago1101;17094934]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
[CENTER]

Impressive, like the integration of the JRZ dampers.
Now this is one hell of a setup. Would like to know pricing for the whole kit, front and rear, including the springs and JRZ dampers as pictured? Send a PM if you have pricing, thanks
We are finalizing pricing on the JRZ solutions now. I'll send you a message!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaurenzv View Post
Wow, awesome goodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidiman View Post
Only one word : impressive !
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
These are some real performance upgrades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Congrats to Fall Line for finally making the championship in GS happen. I know from talking with them at Autobahn during an SCCA weekend a couple years back it was a long hard fight and they should be commended for sticking with it, and against some really tough competitors with newer platforms.

Also, interesting BMW went with an aluminum rear upright on F8x, I didn't know that. That's a seriously impressive casting, especially considering the loads it's taking with all that torque and it doesn't look all that much more bulky than the cast iron one in the E9x M. Looks like they went with a bolt-in hub rear assembly instead of the press fit? Also appears the rear spring perch is further outboard for a better motion ratio than E9x
Yep, the aluminum upright is interesting! I believe the bolt in hub actually comes as a result of the aluminum upright itself- a press fit application would present a challenge given the steel bearing race. Of course that's also a blessing for anyone who will ever have to change a rear wheel bearing on this car!

You have great eyes- the motion ratio is slightly closer to 1:1 by my (admittedly crude) measurements. The new car approaches a ~ .63, relative to the old car's ~.56.

BMW made quite a few changes to the rear suspension specifically. Beyond the obvious changes to the rear subframe, anti squat and anti dive geometries have changed from the E9x cars, as well as the differential mounting itself. The rear axles are no longer bolted to a traditional output shaft flange, but are instead a splined input shaft directly into the differential. This is useful for saving weight, but makes changing the rear axles on the car a much more involved and time consuming process. In general, most rear suspension components on the car are smaller, lighter, and unfortunately a bit weaker looking than the old E9x stuff. I am hoping that the lighter weight of the car will help to keep things together!
      12-19-2014, 02:10 PM   #24
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Fall Line does have some news to release for the 2015 season, but I am not at liberty to share details just yet. We'll update the forum as soon as possible!
I would be surprised if they went all in with the M4 right away. I would guess they would still field an E92 car along side the new M4. Will wait and see.
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #25
JSebF1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3 2012 e92 m3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90
Quote:
I would be surprised if they went all in with the M4 right away. I would guess they would still field an E92 car along side the new M4. Will wait and see.
U need wait next 6 months... They gonna run e92 m3 for half season ...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 08:08 AM   #26
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Looks like some awesome pieces and excited to see what this partnership yields. See myself in an IND/fall line track prepped F80 in the future, or at least I can hope during the holidays