Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-05-2020, 06:56 AM   #1
STi from DSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 Sakhir Orange ZCP - Thoughts?

So I found a gorgeous example of an M3 yesterday.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4653/overview/

It is a bit above what I am looking to pay, so trying to negotiate. Getting close, but not quite there yet.

The car has been lowered, and has wheel spacers to fill out the wells more, but since I am new to the BMW game, I do not know if this is a common mod or not? It also has a front lip painted in Sakhir orange, and M-sport exhaust.

I have seen these go for around $47-48k with similar options/miles so I would like to see the price come down before I would pull the trigger.

Thoughts?
      06-05-2020, 07:15 AM   #2
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi from DSM View Post

It is a bit above what I am looking to pay, so trying to negotiate. Getting close, but not quite there yet.

The car has been lowered, and has wheel spacers to fill out the wells more, but since I am new to the BMW game, I do not know if this is a common mod or not? It also has a front lip painted in Sakhir orange, and M-sport exhaust.

I have seen these go for around $47-48k with similar options/miles so I would like to see the price come down before I would pull the trigger.

Thoughts?
Car is definitely overpriced. It has cloth seats or "carbonstructure" so if you can get over that it's perfect. Even has carbon exhaust tips, spoiler and a paint matched lip. I think the dealership jacked up the price because they saw all these little goodies.

I'd go in and tell them that the body-colored lip looks weird and most F8x owners use a carbon one, the spoiler is some chinese shit off ebay (its not the OEM shape so they can't jack its OEM M perf) and say the cloth is undesirable you don't know why they even offered it on the car. Then start trying to get them down by showing KBB values etc.

Reason for doing that is again, I think that price was jacked up because the car looks like a racecar with all those accessories vs a stock F80 and sometimes dealerships think the right buyer will come and make an emotional decision. Maybe convincing them they're wrong subtly will try to make them get rid of the car.

People lower these cars all the time because of the wheel gap so yes it's very common. Find out if it's coils or springs or whatever just for your own knowledge as one costs 300$ and the other one is 2k lol.

Def don't do it at 52k these cars are gonna depreciate a lot in these next few years whether the G8x looks like shit or not; this is a pre-LCI II too. I think you can get a post LCI II for low 50's with the same mileage (2018+). LCI II comes with slight interior updates & new headlights. i think the F8x with those new lights will hold value better because its post LCI II or whatever and they look more modern.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 07:21 AM   #3
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
To answer some of your questions on this, these are the typical mods done as the front wheel gap is pretty big and comp wheels can be pushed out a bit.
Since this is a comp,executive optioned car, I believe its priced well. Maybe try for $50k
Also check into service/maintenance records before pulling the trigger.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 07:30 AM   #4
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdrdf82 View Post
Quote:

Thoughts?
Car is definitely overpriced. It has cloth seats or "carbonstructure" so if you can get over that it's perfect. Even has carbon exhaust tips, spoiler and a paint matched lip. I think the dealership jacked up the price because they saw all these little goodies.

I'd go in and tell them that the body-colored lip looks weird and most F8x owners use a carbon one, the spoiler is some chinese shit off ebay (its not the OEM shape so they can't jack its OEM M perf) and say the cloth is undesirable you don't know why they even offered it on the car. Then start trying to get them down by showing KBB values etc.

Reason for doing that is again, I think that price was jacked up because the car looks like a racecar with all those accessories vs a stock F80 and sometimes dealerships think the right buyer will come and make an emotional decision. Maybe convincing them they're wrong subtly will try to make them get rid of the car.

People lower these cars all the time because of the wheel gap so yes it's very common. Find out if it's coils or springs or whatever just for your own knowledge as one costs 300$ and the other one is 2k lol.

Def don't do it at 52k these cars are gonna depreciate a lot in these next few years whether the G8x looks like shit or not; this is a pre-LCI II too. I think you can get a post LCI II for low 50's with the same mileage (2018+). LCI II comes with slight interior updates & new headlights. i think the F8x with those new lights will hold value better because its post LCI II or whatever and they look more modern.
and say the cloth is undesirable you don't know why they even offered it on the car.

Don't knock until u try it homie! I had both and would never give up my carbon structure
Appreciate 1
ntg442888.50
      06-05-2020, 07:32 AM   #5
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer pleaser V2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SNAILS View Post
To answer some of your questions on this, these are the typical mods done as the front wheel gap is pretty big and comp wheels can be pushed out a bit.
Since this is a comp,executive optioned car, I believe its priced well. Maybe try for $50k
Also check into service/maintenance records before pulling the trigger.
it doesn't have executive package, only ZCP.

and yes, overpriced.
It's listed as executive pkg in the options list by the dealer and stated the car has HUD which is part of it
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 07:40 AM   #6
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

looks clean. It's modded, so you need to make sure that car hasn't been flash tuned and flagged by BMW. So call two seperate dealers with VIN and proceed.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 07:46 AM   #7
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
and say the cloth is undesirable you don't know why they even offered it on the car.

Don't knock until u try it homie! I had both and would never give up my carbon structure
No hate just was giving him ideas on how to get them to lower the price; through my time negotiating I’ve noticed pointing out flaws or less than ideal things about the car can help negotiation as opposed to saying it’s the perfect spec because desperation = emotional buying = less chance of dealer discount.

Nothing wrong with the carbon tbh.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 08:27 AM   #8
ryanb328
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 540, 04 330, 07 328, 18 M3

Some people actually prefer carbonstructure. Looking at the annoying wear I've accumulated on my S/O interior, carbonstructure actually seems like it would've been cool (but admittedly does come across as "stripper model" when you see cloth in a M3).

Those may be the M performance corner splitters, and possibly the M performance splitter along the bottom since it comes matte black so they could've just gotten it painted.

Its definitely lowered so find out on what (springs etc).

It doesn't have the side camera thing, or FCW, BSM, or LCA and its DCT.

I'm jealous of the MPE because thats actually a $5000 thing if you do it on your own so that should be considered.

It does have carplay, hotspot, wireless charging, lighting package, exec but no driver assistance packages which is a weird spec imo buying charging/hotspot/cplay and not even BSM.

Book for that is ~$52k, but based on my 1.7 years of looking for a used M3 before finding one I can tell you the market isn't begging for Sahkir exterior. You can get it for high 40s, especially in the pandemic.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 04:37 PM   #9
ferrarifast
Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Comp xDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb328 View Post
Some people actually prefer carbonstructure. Looking at the annoying wear I've accumulated on my S/O interior, carbonstructure actually seems like it would've been cool (but admittedly does come across as "stripper model" when you see cloth in a M3).

Book for that is ~$52k, but based on my 1.7 years of looking for a used M3 before finding one I can tell you the market isn't begging for Sahkir exterior. You can get it for high 40s, especially in the pandemic.
Hey can you share examples of that wear?
I just got a 2020 M4 with SO full leather. I've been looking for examples of wear. Please do share, and if you have any tips on how to properly take care of it, send them my way!
Life is too short to list the non Ms
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 05:48 PM   #10
ryanb328
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 540, 04 330, 07 328, 18 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
Hey can you share examples of that wear?
I just got a 2020 M4 with SO full leather. I've been looking for examples of wear. Please do share, and if you have any tips on how to properly take care of it, send them my way!
Hey man. I have actually driven around with YELLOW Costco microfiber cloths covering the bottom of the seat since I bought the car with very low miles while trying to find/schedule ceramic coating them... LOL. But the typical "wear" ranked from most to least annoying:

1. Drivers side side bolster wear/cracking/etc (plenty of threads on this). It is especially noticeable in opal white/silverstone/sahkir orange. Black is the BEST color to not have this be noticeable, but black seats are also boring. Theres no fixing this without buying a new seat like Tommy L did (or possible reupholstering), but they say you can PREVENT it by A. lifting yourself around the bolster (putting a hand on it when getting in) or setting the seat to go all the way back or something and B. keep up on leather maintenance. Once we get 90 degree days here in Boston, I plan to throw Leatherique on my seats and let them bake. For cleaning and conditioning and such, I use the leathermasters 3 step kit. It works wonders.

2. LITTLE WHITE MINISCULE DOTS OR LINES WHERE THE SEAT COLOR GETS SCRATCHED OFF SOMEHOW. This was my sole reason for covering my seats with something (but not seat covers since I want people to see the red seats). People say to use colourlock. I probably will let it get bad enough to annoy me, and bring it to an upholstery place for them to fix it with probably the same product for more money because I don't want to do it and mess it up.

3. Seats get dirty and you wont even notice. If you don't clean them it could end up permanently jean colored etc. I try religiously to drive my car in ONLY shorts or sweatpants and if I must wear jeans I put a towel or microfibers on my seats.

4. "Waves" in the bottom of the seat from sitting in it. If you want it to look showroom new again. Supposedly you can get these out by warming a towel, and letting it sit on the seat.

I think thats it. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2020, 10:28 PM   #11
Mar48
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp xDrive - Atlantis

This is right next to me (fellow Minnesotan)... I test drove it back in March (pre-COVID) when it was priced at $58K. It was awesome, sold me on the F8X chassis. Loved the sound, drove great, I may have seriously considered it but was only looking for manual (was debating on chassis at the time so wanted to test drive a M2C vs a M3 ZCP).

It's dropped $7K, so doubt they'll be super flexible, but might as well try! For reference I was asking what discount they would do on their Heritage LSB and they said basically none... on their Nardo though, they were more flexible but MSRP was like $94K..

Past: F80 M3/Z4MR/E46 M3/Z4MC/Z3MR/335Xi
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 04:50 AM   #12
Puuhapete
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X1 25e, 2021 Taycan 4s

It looks really nice apart from the seats. Those carbon structure seats makes it looks cheap inside and also I feel that those cars without leather have more rattles and noises inside.
Love the SO color.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 08:04 AM   #13
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puuhapete View Post
It looks really nice apart from the seats. Those carbon structure seats makes it looks cheap inside and also I feel that those cars without leather have more rattles and noises inside.
Love the SO color.
Wrong!
It's actually the complete opposite, less noise & rattle and a lot more durable with much better wear.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 01:45 PM   #14
LeopardM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 M3, '20 X3MC, '03 540i MSp

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [0.00]
SO is just dripping. God I love that color.
2003 540i MSport
1991 Red 318i (M50B25 engine swap)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 03:39 PM   #15
Puuhapete
Private First Class
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Wrong!
It's actually the complete opposite, less noise & rattle and a lot more durable with much better wear.
Nope.

My friend has a 2015 M3 with clothed seats and the quality is terrible. Compared to mine full leather the difference is worlds. Would never buy F80/82 with clothed seats. Its not only the seats, the main difference is in the panels if you take full leather.

My earlier car was an E92 with Red Fox leather, it had 180k km when the engine broke. The interior and especially the leather was like new. Fantastic quality.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #16
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puuhapete View Post
Quote:
Wrong!
Nope.

My friend has a 2015 M3 with clothed seats and the quality is terrible. Compared to mine full leather the difference is worlds. Would never buy F80/82 with clothed seats. Its not only the seats, the main difference is in the panels if you take full leather.

My earlier car was an E92 with Red Fox leather, it had 180k km when the engine broke. The interior and especially the leather was like new. Fantastic quality.
Nope!
I've owned both, full leather on MY15 and carbon structure on current. No comparison at all, my full leather looked like a saggn diaper!Anyone who's had both would agree on this.
Btw the leather on the E92 was better too, yes I owned one of those too
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 05:17 PM   #17
Puuhapete
Private First Class
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Nope!
I've owned both, full leather on MY15 and carbon structure on current. No comparison at all, my full leather looked like a saggn diaper!Anyone who's had both would agree on this.
Btw the leather on the E92 was better too, yes I owned one of those too
Well either you are lucky and I have been unlucky to drive 3 different F80/82:s
with carbon structure seats and all those had rattles in the front panels. Don't know what you did with your 2015 car but I have 86k on my 2017 comp and the seats are perfect. The biggest difference is though the full leather on the front panels and doors. Zero rattles i my front panels so far. My friends front panel has terrible noises.

I guess I have been lucky with my car and you have been lucky with your current
"Anyone who have owned both would agree" is bullshit. I know numerous people who hate the Carbon seats interior.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 08:45 PM   #18
STi from DSM
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
I drive a Subaru so I am used to rattles, lol. I don't mind the cloth seats.
      06-06-2020, 09:19 PM   #19
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardM3 View Post
SO is just dripping. God I love that color.

+1 So do I.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 08:56 PM   #20
Mar48
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp xDrive - Atlantis

Quote:
I drive a Subaru so I am used to rattles, lol. I don't mind the cloth seats.
Did you test drive it yet??

Past: F80 M3/Z4MR/E46 M3/Z4MC/Z3MR/335Xi
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 12:33 PM   #21
STi from DSM
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
Yes, I was able to test drive it on Thursday last week. Unfortunately it sold over the weekend. So back to the drawing board.
      06-08-2020, 01:58 PM   #22
jeepin29
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1999 4Runner, 2022 X3M Comp

May be a little farther from you, but this one looks like a good deal assuming they have some maintenance records - not much shows up on the carfax.

https://www.bmwofpleasantgrove.com/i...m9c55h5g84542/
Appreciate 0