ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #1
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

PICS of F83 on H&R Sport Springs (F83 Specific)

anyone w/ M4 convertible dropped on H&R Sport Springs (F83 specific)? please post pics
      07-08-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
cvn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F83 M4

I will post pics soon, had mine fitted today, very awkward looking drop as the front has a 2 finger gap between the tyre and fender and the rear has hardly a finger gap.. Really disappointed with the look.. Will probably remove them and go for KW.. This is the specific 28802-3 convertible kit

Wonder if my front springs are duds
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
I will post pics soon, had mine fitted today, very awkward looking drop as the front has a 2 finger gap between the tyre and fender and the rear has hardly a finger gap.. Really disappointed with the look.. Will probably remove them and go for KW.. This is the specific 28802-3 convertible kit

Wonder if my front springs are duds
that's strange cuz drop is suppose to be 1.5" front and 1.1" rear. please post side pics when u can. here's how it's suppose to look like:
Attached Images

07-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #4
cvn
Enlisted Member
Rep

I sent that pic to our local h&r dealer, my car does not sit like that, will snap a pic tomorrow.. Also running 20mm rear and 18mm front spacers..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 03:33 PM   #5
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn View Post
I sent that pic to our local h&r dealer, my car does not sit like that, will snap a pic tomorrow.. Also running 20mm rear and 18mm front spacers..
cool. u should run the spacers the opposite way, 20f, 18r, that's what i ran with my stockers. front wheel needs larger spacers than rear for even flushness.
      07-09-2016, 12:58 PM   #6
cvn
Enlisted Member
Rep

True that, I went with 20mm all round today, the local agent has agreed to swop my front springs out as he agrees there seems to be a problem.. Compared mine to a previous F83 on the same kit and my front sits way higher..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 02:01 AM   #7
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
True that, I went with 20mm all round today, the local agent has agreed to swop my front springs out as he agrees there seems to be a problem.. Compared mine to a previous F83 on the same kit and my front sits way higher..
did u install new front springs? would love to see pics with new spring and spacers.
      07-15-2016, 11:43 AM   #8
cvn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post
did u install new front springs? would love to see pics with new spring and spacers.
Should have them in early next week.. Will post pics
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 09:47 PM   #9
Alexander///M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Convertible YMB

I'm actually excited to see this, I have an F83 as well and see these H&R's are specific to our cars but I like the Eibach look and idk if that won't work with ours.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #10
cvn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Grrrr, h&r states that the above pic is on coil overs and that my car sits as it should which is actually crap in my opinion, can someone pm me an email add to assist in uploading pics as I'm finding it very difficult from my phone lol
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 11:13 AM   #11
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Grrrr, h&r states that the above pic is on coil overs and that my car sits as it should which is actually crap in my opinion, can someone pm me an email add to assist in uploading pics as I'm finding it very difficult from my phone lol
To add pics on my iPhone, hit "reply" and add comments and hit "paper clip icon" and I hit "photos from gallery" and choose my pic and hit "submit". Sometimes Bimmerpost phone app is fidgety and pics don't work so...
      08-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #12
cvn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
To add pics on my iPhone, hit "reply" and add comments and hit "paper clip icon" and I hit "photos from gallery" and choose my pic and hit "submit". Sometimes Bimmerpost phone app is fidgety and pics don't work so...
Will upload more pics
Attached Images

08-02-2016, 01:47 PM   #13
cvn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Will upload more pics
Roof closed
Attached Images

08-02-2016, 01:50 PM   #14
cvn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Will upload more pics
Roof closed
Rear is definitely lower and makes the car look awkward
Attached Images

08-02-2016, 01:55 PM   #15
cvn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Will upload more pics
Roof closed
Struggling to capture what I see with the camera, it doesn't look as bad on the pics as it actually is in the flesh. Here is a pic of my car on the kit from my ex F80 M3, had them on while I waited for the F83 specific kit. The front was perfect but the rear was too low
Attached Images

08-02-2016, 03:03 PM   #16
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Will upload more pics
Roof closed
Struggling to capture what I see with the camera, it doesn't look as bad on the pics as it actually is in the flesh. Here is a pic of my car on the kit from my ex F80 M3, had them on while I waited for the F83 specific kit. The front was perfect but the rear was too low
use the F80 front springs and F83 rear springs and you'll be good.
      08-02-2016, 03:06 PM   #17
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvn
Will upload more pics
u can upload more pics in same reply but hitting the paper clip icon multiple times