proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

07-29-2021, 04:14 PM   #1233
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 M Perf. View Post
WTF??! Changing lanes or turning (unless there's only one direction you can go) without signalling constitutes asshole-driving and assuming that all BMW owners drive like that is what cultivates an arrogant and risky behaviour regardless if you make this purchase or not. Some here need to re-take driving lessons or learn their lesson the hard way.
So you're advocating for people to get into accidents?

Cool cool

There's a lot of people making declarations off of YouTube videos which I guess is standard these days.

Install them and see for yourself. If you don't feel it's up to your standards, go back to an OEM set.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 04:16 PM   #1234
F32 M Perf.
CoolWhip_
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW F32 FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokayy View Post
Interesting to see that you did order a set from Abdul on the F83 thread and yet you're still in this thread expressing how dim the turn signals are under direct sunlight…Totally see where you're coming from on the safety and lumens topic but at the end of the day…to each their own.

I like it because it's different and the red on the GTS lights are deeper red than the LCI tails. Didn't really notice the turn signals are dim until it was brought up here…
I ordered from Abdul before the issue of the dim turn lights surfaced from others. I did message him to cancel and refund without sending and explain what the warranty might be in that case, but he already shipped it. I'm awaiting to receive the shipment and see for myself, then, take it from there. I went on the other thread because Abdul was providing updates on the upcoming shipment and he directed me to the F83 thread. That's pretty much it.

Last edited by F32 M Perf.; 07-29-2021 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
Hokayy57.00
      07-29-2021, 05:01 PM   #1235
f30b58pwr
Private
Rep
Drives: 16' 340i, 18' M3

He is more than likely dodging this thread given that he has been online MULTIPLE times today (which can be seen on his profile), but likely will say some excuse LOL.

Anywho, I have a set and they are dimmer than OEM somewhat hard to see in the sunlight but how much that bothers you depends on your ODC and your drive to work and home. For me, I can careless if someone can see my turn signals... If you cant react to me braking just before turning or are following to close, I dont think a bright turn signal would help.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 05:12 PM   #1236
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Nah. Abdul has excellent customer service. His responses may take a day or two. Or maybe he goes on vacation for a week like a normal human being. But at the end of the day he will make it right.

This is the world today. Entitlement. Self centered. And just babies.
Appreciate 3
Jockey3470.50
      07-29-2021, 05:15 PM   #1237
From5toM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Wow. Getting caught up on this thread. My observations:

- I find it amusing that people who do have a set of these are justifying that having dim turn signals are justified given the price point.
- I have specifically asked Abdul questions about the product and he still hasn't answered. And his lack of participation in the last 3 pages tells me his position on both or all of the topics. Let's just say I'm not impressed. Making an initial investment and making profit seems to be his primary interest. Good for him.
- I personally contemplated getting a set, but given the latest developments, culminated by his lack of response, I feel that much better about sticking with my OEM LCI tails. To what someone else said, it's up to us to accept the quality of these lights and how less bright the turn signals are. Ok. I agree. I don't accept them, nor do I think paying over $7k for OEM's are an option. So my OEM LCI tails are looking perfect to me.

Case closed for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 06:11 PM   #1238
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep
Drives: F86

Seems like those who've invested in OEM LCIs are very against these OLEDs, I wonder why...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 07:12 PM   #1239
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoniE92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
Y'all are absolutely insane. If having turn signals that are as bright as OEM is that big of a deal to you then buy the $5000 lights instead of the $400 lights and stfu

I'll be ordering the lights from Abdul and buying a beater car with the money I save over OEM tails smfh
Literally. There's already 3 pages of people crying over turn signal brightness. Trade in your F80s for a Volvo if visibility is all you care about or move to Seattle so you feel safe that your turn signals are visible during the day. These tail lights are form over function.
Right like we all drive BMWs here, we aren't even supposed to be using our turn signals anyways
Appreciate 1
TideMD291.50
      07-29-2021, 07:22 PM   #1240
E92Roni
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 2012 M3 1999 328IS

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Y'all are absolutely insane. If having turn signals that are as bright as OEM is that big of a deal to you then buy the $5000 lights instead of the $400 lights and stfu

I'll be ordering the lights from Abdul and buying a beater car with the money I save over OEM tails smfh
Literally. There's already 3 pages of people crying over turn signal brightness. Trade in your F80s for a Volvo if visibility is all you care about or move to Seattle so you feel safe that your turn signals are visible during the day. These tail lights are form over function.
Right like we all drive BMWs here, we aren't even supposed to be using our turn signals anyways
In LA you can't use a signal. If you do no one will let you in the lane. Everyone's a defensive driver.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 11:36 PM   #1241
f30b58pwr
Private
Rep
Drives: 16' 340i, 18' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
Nah. Abdul has excellent customer service. His responses may take a day or two. Or maybe he goes on vacation for a week like a normal human being. But at the end of the day he will make it right.

Lol he's been replying just fine in the f82 thread... Not self center but just NOT being a little baby with my eyes closed to his actions and clear ignorance to the blinker question in this thread.

Also, not sure what being on vacation really has to do with anything considering he responded to a thread TODAY when I said he came online, so vacation or not, he's responding to the other thread... That being said, be more vigilant to what goes on in the world! Dont be a baby and ignore peoples obvious actions. He might be a great seller but these are his actions at the end of the day.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 09:49 AM   #1242
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30b58pwr View Post
Lol he's been replying just fine in the f82 thread... Not self center but just NOT being a little baby with my eyes closed to his actions and clear ignorance to the blinker question in this thread.

Also, not sure what being on vacation really has to do with anything considering he responded to a thread TODAY when I said he came online, so vacation or not, he's responding to the other thread... That being said, be more vigilant to what goes on in the world! Dont be a baby and ignore peoples obvious actions. He might be a great seller but these are his actions at the end of the day.
how about maybe reach out directly if you have an actionable event.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 10:19 AM   #1243
Abdul
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/E92 M3/E60 M5/F80 M3

Quote:

Update.

Thanks for everyone chiming in. There was no way I could read and answer all the questions the day I came back from vacation with 50 lights sitting waiting to be shipped out. I got slammed with things right when I got back on Wednesday morning and I had to prioritize things that needed my attention first.

That's being said, this is on my todo list and I'll reply within the next 24 hours. Ducking. Lol. Never. Why would I have to do that? It's not like I manufactured these lights. I'm here for you guys and I have some good news. I've been working behind the scenes talking to the owners of VLAND about this. Stay tuned.
Appreciate 5
      07-30-2021, 10:20 AM   #1244
Abdul
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/E92 M3/E60 M5/F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30b58pwr View Post
Quote:

That's because those guys have been waiting for a month for their lights. That's my number one priority.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Jockey3470.50
TideMD291.50
      08-01-2021, 08:08 AM   #1245
sabrina
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 C2S

Garage List
My wife was behind me in traffic yesterday and recorded my blinkers in real-world conditions lol. Bright sun, check. Brake lights on, check. POV from the seat of another vehicle, check.

Sorry for the vertical vid but it was a last minute "hey get a video of my blinkers, babe!" request.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKnvlKYGQA0
Retired: F82 M4 6MT, F15 X5, F30 328i, E46 330Ci, E46 325Ci
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 09:44 AM   #1246
kindafrosty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 F80 / ‘08 E83

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina View Post
My wife was behind me in traffic yesterday and recorded my blinkers in real-world conditions lol. Bright sun, check. Brake lights on, check. POV from the seat of another vehicle, check.

Sorry for the vertical vid but it was a last minute "hey get a video of my blinkers, babe!" request.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKnvlKYGQA0
Looking at the shadows, your video was not taken in direct sunlight, which is the issue we are dealing with. Try another video where the sun is shining directly onto the taillight housing, the illumination should be half or less.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 09:52 AM   #1247
kindafrosty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
These tail lights are form over function.
As someone that's advocated for these lights even with the turn signal issue, I completely disagree. You aren't the only driver on the road and not everyone has great vision or drives attentively. Just because you're willing to accept the risk, and potentially liability, does not justify the issue at hand.
Appreciate 1
From5toM139.00
      08-01-2021, 10:41 AM   #1248
TideMD
Some random guy
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafrosty View Post
As someone that's advocated for these lights even with the turn signal issue, I completely disagree. You aren't the only driver on the road and not everyone has great vision or drives attentively. Just because you're willing to accept the risk, and potentially liability, does not justify the issue at hand.
If we're transitioning to the limitations of other drivers as a key factor, then there are many additional items on our cars that need to be altered.
      08-01-2021, 10:57 AM   #1249
sabrina
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 C2S

Garage List
Quote:
Looking at the shadows, your video was not taken in direct sunlight, which is the issue we are dealing with. Try another video where the sun is shining directly onto the taillight housing, the illumination should be half or less.
I meant it to be more of a real-world type of video. Not always will the ass end be in direct sunlight. Sometimes yeah, sometimes no.

The other day I made a vid in my driveway with the sun shining directly onto the housing. I had posted it before but here it is again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq-Oa2tJQmY
Retired: F82 M4 6MT, F15 X5, F30 328i, E46 330Ci, E46 325Ci
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 12:11 PM   #1250
Hokayy
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

I had my gf drive my car on the streets with hazard lights on yesterday and I was watching from the sidewalk with direct sunlight and I can still see the blinkers as she drove away from where I was standing. Clearly visible.

The cameras/iPhones does not capture the orange blinker and will show it more as blended red with the taillight cover. You'll need to see it in person at your whatever distance to justify that the blinkers are visible. I have other videos but it's not picking up and everyone will keep saying it's not direct sunlight…etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 12:57 PM   #1251
kindafrosty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideMD View Post
If we're transitioning to the limitations of other drivers as a key factor, then there are many additional items on our cars that need to be altered.
Well, you’re on a public roadway with many unpredictable drivers. You can decide what items need to be altered based on your own risk appetite. Did you miss the post about the forum member whose friend almost rear ended him because he could not see the turn signal in direct sunlight?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 02:16 PM   #1252
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TideMD View Post
Well, you're on a public roadway with many unpredictable drivers. You can decide what items need to be altered based on your own risk appetite. Did you miss the post about the forum member whose friend almost rear ended him because he could not see the turn signal in direct sunlight?
If his friend's excuse is that he's either a terrible driver or a liar
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 12:17 AM   #1253
TideMD
Some random guy
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 SO

Quote:
Well, you’re on a public roadway with many unpredictable drivers. You can decide what items need to be altered based on your own risk appetite. Did you miss the post about the forum member whose friend almost rear ended him because he could not see the turn signal in direct sunlight?
Didn't see the post. But I did see numerous geriatric drivers today - some of which likely couldn't even see my car, much less the status of my turn signal luminosity. Numerous cars that should've never passed inspection. A few cars hitting freeway speeds running a donut spare.

Never once did I consider their inadequacies when determining how to drive, what to mod, or if it was even safe to get on the road today.
      08-02-2021, 12:53 AM   #1254
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M4 Convertible

I haven't had a chance to check out my install in direct sunlights (as we had a weird weekend in Seattle) but I compared the blinkers when installing. They seem as bright as the OEM ones except of course they are orange which could be causing the lesser visibility. But then the OEM ones are smaller light and these are much larger so I don't think visibility is going to be an issue.

Hope to try them again this week and report back. So far loving the lights, they really make the M4 look special compared to the 100s of 3/4 series out there which all seem to have the same OEM LCI taillights.
Appreciate 0