Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-10-2021, 12:09 PM   #23
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I haven't. If I get pulled over for speeding I do the standard: interior lights on, engine off, all windows down, hands on the steering wheel, no sudden movements or hanky panky.

I treat cops as I would like to be treated when pulling over unknown cars, they are humans and are here to protect us.

I've lived in 7 countries and am an immigrant. So far the US police force is as close to perfect as one could reasonably expect.
This is the reason I've gotten pulled over 10+ times and only actually gotten tickets 2 times.

And no, I'm not white, and have a very non-white name and face lol.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11500.00
      07-10-2021, 12:26 PM   #24
Jbrown7403
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

I got pulled over twice for not having a front license plate by the SAME Texas State Trooper a year apart while driving to the Texas coast....warning each time
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 12:30 PM   #25
RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F82spaceship View Post
Don't be mad becaue I told you what some cops told me. It's what they really told me. I didn't speak as if I do have law enforcement experience. What I do have is literal first hand accounts and experience dealing WITH law enforcement. Certainly enough to make the statements I did. Thanks for your attempt to correct me, but nothing I said, aside from MAYBE the fact they're really just looking for drugs is conjecture. I simply repeated words that again, I've been told by multiple officers.

Perhaps you've never been pulled over in a piece of shit car while going 4 mph over in a 40, (4th in a line of cars doing the exact same), and had the officer bust a u turn, pull you over and immediately ask if you have drugs or weapons in the car? Because I promise they don't ask that EVERY TIME. Matter of fact I haven't been asked that while being pulled over since I've had a nice car at all. Not once... but it sure used to happen when my car sucked. Not sure why you're taking offense to my statements but that's a you problem. Not a me problem.

Again, no, m drivers don't have issues with police.
You're over-reacting and making a false generalization based on your limited experience, none of which reflects actuality. it's standard practice today to ask whether there are weapons in any vehicle when making a traffic stop. As for asking about drugs, it depends on whether the stop occurs in a known drug-trafficking area or if the vehicle matches a BOLO description.

Your perceptions aren't representative of actual fact. Just today, there's a news story about an NFL player who was pulled over for a traffic violation in his Lamborghini and immediately arrested when the officer spotted an assault rifle sticking out of a duffel bag in the car. The point you seem to be missing is that what you're driving isn't what gets you pulled over - it's how you're driving it. Probable cause for a stop (including defective equipment) is required, because without it, traffic violations get dismissed in court. So no, being an "M" driver doesn't get you perceived any differently than if you're driving a 20-year-old Civic.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey

Last edited by RoundelM3; 07-10-2021 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:39 PM   #26
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

I sure have been pulled over by cops in my 22 years of BMW ownership. Always for a good reason
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 04:04 PM   #27
_E90S65_
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

My F80 had MPE.

Last ticket, the officer said, "I heard you before I saw you."

I was in the middle of moving homes, and had a lot going on that day… I couldn't resist…
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 04:24 PM   #28
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I haven't. If I get pulled over for speeding I do the standard: interior lights on, engine off, all windows down, hands on the steering wheel, no sudden movements or hanky panky.

I treat cops as I would like to be treated when pulling over unknown cars, they are humans and are here to protect us.

I've lived in 7 countries and am an immigrant. So far the US police force is as close to perfect as one could reasonably expect.
That was funny, thanks for the laugh!!
      07-10-2021, 05:15 PM   #29
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

I've gotten 2 tickets going over 110 mph in the past year. I use the ticket clinic and fight hard for any charge so I never need to go to court. 1 stuck in a podunk county and one got thrown out. Both times the Jakes were admiring the car and saying how nice it is. The ticket that stuck the suckers had me on aircraft radar...
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 08:02 PM   #30
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagR2611 View Post
If your windows are dark, I think rolling them all down is key. (1) it allows the officer to see in the car and (2) you might get away w/o a "fix it" ticket to have the tint removed.
Man I wish I could say the same.. There was one night in my old car where I was doing like 30 in a 45 because it was rainy, midnight, driving on a spare tire, I was driving near a police station, and I just made U turn out of a neighborhood and was getting up to speed. Saw a cop about a 1/4 mile behind me hauling ass up to me. Claimed I had to be doing 70 because she had to go 80 to catch up to me. When she pulled me over I rolled down all my windows immediately, hands on the wheel, keys on dash, asked permission to reach for things. Kindly explained how it was impossible for me to be speeding and told her I understand she's probably just checking to see if I was drunk. She didn't like that she couldn't give me some bs speeding ticket so she then proceeded to give me fix it tickets for tint, modified exhaust, no front plate, and some obstruction one for having something mounted on the windshield. All like a couple days before Christmas too🙄
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagR2611 View Post
If your windows are dark, I think rolling them all down is key. (1) it allows the officer to see in the car and (2) you might get away w/o a "fix it" ticket to have the tint removed.
Man I wish I could say the same.. There was one night in my old car where I was doing like 30 in a 45 because it was rainy, midnight, driving on a spare tire, I was driving near a police station, and I just made U turn out of a neighborhood and was getting up to speed. Saw a cop about a 1/4 mile behind me hauling ass up to me. Claimed I had to be doing 70 because she had to go 80 to catch up to me. When she pulled me over I rolled down all my windows immediately, hands on the wheel, keys on dash, asked permission to reach for things. Kindly explained how it was impossible for me to be speeding and told her I understand she's probably just checking to see if I was drunk. She didn't like that she couldn't give me some bs speeding ticket so she then proceeded to give me fix it tickets for tint, modified exhaust, no front plate, and some obstruction one for having something mounted on the windshield. All like a couple days before Christmas too🙄

HaHa - Merry Christmas!! Always a few out there that feel the need. It's like the guy that got picked on in high school and is looking to return the favor.
Appreciate 1
HyeM3464.50
      07-10-2021, 08:58 PM   #31
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Cops are just hating on the power of the M3 vs their lame ass exploders.
Appreciate 1
cobra2814112.00
      07-10-2021, 10:21 PM   #32
F80Danny2018
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Pulled over twice in my year and half ownership of my M3. First scenario, came to a stop sign, cop was on the other side facing me, as I went passed him he made a u-turn and pulled me over for my front windshield tint, no ticket just told me to remove it. Second incident, I made a right onto a empty street and stepped on it, about two lights over I see the lights catching up to me. I pull over, cop ask me to lower my windows, ask for my license, registration and proof of insurance. As I'm handing him my license, he hands me my license plate. Apparently it fell off when I made the hard right lol. Cop was cool and just told me to slow down.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 10:23 PM   #33
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX2M4 View Post
I've gotten 2 tickets going over 110 mph in the past year. I use the ticket clinic and fight hard for any charge so I never need to go to court. 1 stuck in a podunk county and one got thrown out. Both times the Jakes were admiring the car and saying how nice it is. The ticket that stuck the suckers had me on aircraft radar...
I got a ticket via aircraft (no radar). When the ground police pulled me over he said " You were going the speed limit, but the plane above us said you were going 100 MPH 20 miles back so I have to give you a ticket." I tried to think of when I could have been driving 100 MPH and I couldn't so I took it to court. In court the "aircraft a-hole guy" said I was driving a large black sedan (I was in a MG M4) and that he had no idea how fast I was actually going but he thought about 95-100 MPH because it was hard for him to keep up in his airplane. Seriously. He also couldn't identify to the court where I was allegedly doing 100 MPH. He just said "Near that big hill." Case thrown out, right? Nope, I got a ticket for 95 MPH (30 over so no traffic school option). It was a $600 ticket (no biggy) but my insurance went up $200 per month. Our highway patrol are simply meter maids in cars and airplanes. Their job is simply to get revenue for the state. If you need help, they'll call 911 for you.

Last edited by Vegetable; 07-10-2021 at 10:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 10:38 PM   #34
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
Quote:
I got a ticket via aircraft (no radar). When the ground police pulled me over he said " You were going the speed limit, but the plane above us said you were going 100 MPH 20 miles back so I have to give you a ticket." I tried to think of when I could have been driving 100 MPH and I couldn't so I took it to court. In court the "aircraft a-hole guy" said I was driving a large black sedan (I was in a MG M4) and that he had no idea how fast I was actually going but he thought about 95-100 MPH because it was hard for him to keep up in his airplane. Seriously. He also couldn't identify to the court where I was allegedly doing 100 MPH. He just said "Near that big hill." Case thrown out, right? Nope, I got a ticket for 95 MPH (30 over so no traffic school option). It was a $600 ticket (no biggy) but my insurance went up $200 per month. Our highway patrol are simply meter maids in cars and airplanes. Their job is simply to get revenue for the state. If you need help, they'll call 911 for you.
What crazy state has airplanes looking for people speeding ?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 10:51 PM   #35
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post
It's a country called California.
      07-11-2021, 05:23 AM   #36
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

Quote:
Florida. Lee county to be exact. There is nothing there but good ol boys and nothing better to do...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 07:30 AM   #37
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Florida. Lee county to be exact. There is nothing there but good ol boys and nothing better to do...
I (along with about a dozen other people) got an aircraft-tracked ticket on the Turnpike just south of Boca a few years back. But a ticket attorney was able to get it dismissed with no court costs or driving school. Seems like a ridiculous waste of resources to enforce speed limits with a plane in the sky and a bunch of troopers on the ground.
      07-11-2021, 08:47 AM   #38
six75LT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

Quote:
solid use of tax payer money. i can only imagine the ROI on such an activity......
Appreciate 1
bsmf8x778.50
      07-11-2021, 10:03 AM   #39
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

I was given a ticket for noise. Car is stock with MPE. There is an issue in my city where some cops or handing them out like candy claiming the cars dont meet standards.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #40
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
No issues with Cops here, only respect and thanks for the job they do and the risks they take to protect our communities.

Minor complaint - It seems municipalities are all about sunny day $$ revenue over real road safety. Every time I've been pulled over its when I'm all alone on a flat, dry, wide, smooth road and doing something like a relatively safe 58 in a 45 mph zone or 84 in a 70 on the wide open highway. The law is the law so whatever but how about more tickets dished out when it's a packed interstate and people are weaving in and out like fools or same on a rainy day, people driving over the limit with no concept of traction or hydroplaning and on bald tires. How about more tickets for the loaded up 18 wheelers hauling ass with retread tires running 90 mph. Weight and physics says that's about the same risk as an M3 running 115 mph.
Appreciate 3
BOOF-M34451.50
SYT_Shadow11500.00
      07-11-2021, 01:44 PM   #41
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by _E90S65_ View Post
My F80 had MPE.

I was in the middle of moving homes, and had a lot going on that day… I couldn't resist…
Same thing happened to me, the trooper was coming towards me and I didn't see him.

"I pulled you over for your exhaust"
"It's stock sir"
"Ok, get it fixed.... never mind, nice car, slow down and have a good night"

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 03:07 PM   #42
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilabyte View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _E90S65_ View Post
My F80 had MPE.

Same thing happened to me, the trooper was coming towards me and I didn't see him.

"I pulled you over for your exhaust"
"It's stock sir"
"Ok, get it fixed.... never mind, nice car, slow down and have a good night"
"I can't make it any more stock"!?
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Kilabyte3948.00
      07-12-2021, 07:13 PM   #43
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

nope, I drive past them with the windows rolled up with tinted front windows, never had an issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 06:57 PM   #44
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Nope
Attached Images

Appreciate 0