Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-17-2018, 05:54 AM   #67
Ed_rx7
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 CP

Oh I don’t doubt that.... you hat gear did you do the runs in?.... and how do you rest the dyno mode?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 06:18 AM   #68
Halim@HCP
Banned
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_rx7 View Post
Oh I don’t doubt that.... you hat gear did you do the runs in?.... and how do you rest the dyno mode?
Say in the first post, 5th gear. Also tried 4th gear, made a little less power up top.

To reset it you simple shut the car down wait 10 sec and start it.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      10-23-2018, 08:08 AM   #69
turn14
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Is the CS map included when you buy BM3? I’d probably run that for track durty and have that brute power Stage 1 for daily to mess with
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 08:52 AM   #70
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn14 View Post
Is the CS map included when you buy BM3? I’d probably run that for track durty and have that brute power Stage 1 for daily to mess with
Yip the stage 0+ maps are all available
M4cs,GTS and the new M4 CSL

Last edited by whoop_ass; 10-23-2018 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #71
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoop_ass View Post
Yip the stage 0+ maps are all available
M4cs,GTS and the new M4 CSL
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #72
turn14
Rep

Got the tune last night. I was up and running on the Stage 1 map literally 10 minutes after buying it. Power difference from stock to Stage 1 is shocking! Traction light was flickering into 3rd gear! So much fun thank you thank you! I’ll try to dial in my traction a little in gears 1 and 2 to put it down better using the configuration screen and try some burble customization so that’s next. Loving it!!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #73
Halim@HCP
Banned
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn14 View Post
Got the tune last night. I was up and running on the Stage 1 map literally 10 minutes after buying it. Power difference from stock to Stage 1 is shocking! Traction light was flickering into 3rd gear! So much fun thank you thank you! I’ll try to dial in my traction a little in gears 1 and 2 to put it down better using the configuration screen and try some burble customization so that’s next. Loving it!!

Stock to stage 1 is day and night difference for sure Unbelieveable what a tune can do
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 12:06 PM   #74
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Sorry for the dumb question, but is your CS map the real OEM map or your approximation of that map?

I'd like the CS map but I want the BMW map not someone's attempt at it if that makes sense?
      10-24-2018, 03:55 PM   #75
Halim@HCP
Banned
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Sorry for the dumb question, but is your CS map the real OEM map or your approximation of that map?

I'd like the CS map but I want the BMW map not someone's attempt at it if that makes sense?
The CS map is slightly increased in power but we will correct it. I dyno'd as you can see. TQ is same, topend is slightly higher.
Appreciate 3
FSociety3812.50
whoop_ass355.00
BIGW0RM3132.00
      10-25-2018, 01:36 PM   #76
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halim@HCP View Post
The CS map is slightly increased in power but we will correct it. I dyno'd as you can see. TQ is same, topend is slightly higher.
Thanks for responding Halim.

So it's not the OEM map but your approximation of it? Not saying anything against that but just want to be clear on that point and I'm not clear from your reply.
      10-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #77
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:

So it's not the OEM map but your approximation of it? Not saying anything against that but just want to be clear on that point and I'm not clear from your reply.
Yep, the current OTS map will be updated soon to match the CS entirely. Currently the published one makes a bit more power than the actual OEM CS map which is always a nice thing of course We'll probably just leave it on there and rename it to a CS+ or similar so both the OEM CS and the CS+ with a slight bump over CS are available.
Appreciate 3
whoop_ass355.00
FSociety3812.50
Wills28647.00
      10-25-2018, 10:47 PM   #78
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Wow, that CS+ curve looks incredible. Fast, tractable, fun.

Stage 1 looks counter productively torquey for performance driving at a glance.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 11:36 PM   #79
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Quote:

Yep, the current OTS map will be updated soon to match the CS entirely. Currently the published one makes a bit more power than the actual OEM CS map which is always a nice thing of course We'll probably just leave it on there and rename it to a CS+ or similar so both the OEM CS and the CS+ with a slight bump over CS are available.
First time hearing this. I asked this same question in the past and got a different answer in the BM3 discussions thread. I don't know if he remembers it but BuLoOoSki and I had a discussion on this a few months ago and I remember him saying power level of BM3 CS map was the same as OEM CS map. In fact, I thought your CS map was just a copy of OEM CS map with certain parameters altered for different oil level etc. So this is a CS-like map rather than true OEM CS map. It may sound stupid but this is not good news for me and many others. I'm aware that the warranty is at risk regardless you flash an OTS map or OEM CS map but some of us are only interested in flashing an OEM map. When is the OEM CS map going to be available?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 10:21 AM   #80
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

CS and CS+ maps have been published. The only difference between the two maps is that that CS+ map makes a bit more top end power ~5k up due to a bit more boost over the OEM CS map. These are the free maps and you can import them in the editor and check out the differences if you like.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
FSociety3812.50
ssgm1x417.50
M-Pilot4859.00
      10-26-2018, 11:13 AM   #81
Halim@HCP
Banned
Denmark
Rep

Anyways, stock is dead now

We installed Pure stage 2+ turbos, Gintani Crankhub and FI Exhaust downpipes!

Let's see what this car can do
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ssgm1x417.50
FSociety3812.50
      10-26-2018, 11:58 AM   #82
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halim@HCP View Post
Anyways, stock is dead now

We installed Pure stage 2+ turbos, Gintani Crankhub and FI Exhaust downpipes!

Let's see what this car can do
Saw this on IG Halim
looking forward to this build and to see those PS2+ stretch their legs

please please, see how far you can go on pump fuel without needing additional PI or Spraying Meth
My Money is on 25-26 psi

NICE!!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #83
Halim@HCP
Banned
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoop_ass View Post
Saw this on IG Halim
looking forward to this build and to see those PS2+ stretch their legs

please please, see how far you can go on pump fuel without needing additional PI or Spraying Meth

NICE!!
It will most likely be on pumpgas
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      10-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #84
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
CS and CS+ maps have been published. The only difference between the two maps is that that CS+ map makes a bit more top end power ~5k up due to a bit more boost over the OEM CS map. These are the free maps and you can import them in the editor and check out the differences if you like.
It would be great if the details listed out HP, TQ, and boost

I think the GTS is the lowest of the tunes. Then CS, CSL and now CS+
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 09:20 PM   #85
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
First time hearing this. I asked this same question in the past and got a different answer in the BM3 discussions thread. I don't know if he remembers it but BuLoOoSki and I had a discussion on this a few months ago and I remember him saying power level of BM3 CS map was the same as OEM CS map. In fact, I thought your CS map was just a copy of OEM CS map with certain parameters altered for different oil level etc. So this is a CS-like map rather than true OEM CS map. It may sound stupid but this is not good news for me and many others. I'm aware that the warranty is at risk regardless you flash an OTS map or OEM CS map but some of us are only interested in flashing an OEM map. When is the OEM CS map going to be available?
Hey there, yeah I remember the discussion...this is news to me as well. I have confirmed myself that the GTS map was pretty much identical by doing a comparison between the BM3 GTS and an actual GTS readout, and I was under the impression that the CS was the same as well.

I think you were referring to the post here:
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=1969
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 2
M-Pilot4859.00
      10-26-2018, 09:33 PM   #86
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Hey there, yeah I remember the discussion...this is news to me as well. I have confirmed myself that the GTS map was pretty much identical by doing a comparison between the BM3 GTS and an actual GTS readout, and I was under the impression that the CS was the same as well.

I think you were referring to the post here:
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=1969
Yes, that's the post I was referring to. Thanks for sharing the link!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 05:37 PM   #87
turn14
Rep

CS+ map is really great to drive for colder weather. When its warmer I like that Stage 1 craze but CS+ is no slouch!
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      10-29-2018, 09:58 PM   #88
F80 / AW / 6MT
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '19 M5

Quote:
I'm currently running the original CS map version 3.2, which I would assume is now called CS+.

Was the only change renaming to CS+, while adding CS to be more in-line with OEM CS? If so, I don't need re-flash? Please advise. Thanks!
Appreciate 0