R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-24-2020, 10:39 PM   #749
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAS55 View Post
Me too.
The titanium MPE might give it a "slightly" different tone, maybe a bit more hollow sounding and possibly a more exotic note.

I'm thinking all rear sections will sound similar when the valves are open mated to this mid-pipe. If you look at the design of most exhaust systems for the F8x when the valves are open it's just a straight exit.
At this point I just want a good clean smooth and MPEish deep/ loud sound that sounds like an inline6 where I can keep my overpriced muffler

I was considering selling it for a full valved eq system, but the mid-pipe was always my go to solution if possible, still waiting for the right sounding setup for me, hoping this delivers

I hate rasp

S55, 2JZ, M48.00

Last edited by Kilabyte; 03-24-2020 at 10:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 04:31 AM   #750
sinajoon87
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Sorry if I missed it but will this new AA mid-pipe mate up to a version 1 MPE muffler without any modifications?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 04:38 AM   #751
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinajoon87 View Post
Sorry if I missed it but will this new AA mid-pipe mate up to a version 1 MPE muffler without any modifications?
You will need to cut your MPE mid-pipe and just only use these two sections circled plus the muffler. The rest of the MPE piping will be replaced by the AA mid-pipe.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2020, 05:01 AM   #752
sinajoon87
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAS55 View Post
You will need to cut your MPE mid-pipe and just only use these two sections circled plus the muffler. The rest of the MPE piping will be replaced by the AA mid-pipe.
Damn.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 05:06 AM   #753
TheMaster1971NL
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 08:31 AM   #754
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

THIS IS THE FAR BEST I LIKE, MAY DUMB MY ARKA MID FOR THIS

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 09:44 AM   #755
TommyLights
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster1971NL View Post
Still sounds like a truck when its pulling off.
      03-25-2020, 04:15 PM   #756
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyLights View Post
Still sounds like a truck when its pulling off.
His is homemade. His final solution pretty much sounds like stock. Nothing like the aa one
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 10:41 AM   #757
remixaflip
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4 6MT

What differences in tone and performance are you guys noticing between the H-Pipe vs X-Pipe?

And did the clip you posted earlier utilize the prototype?
      03-27-2020, 07:15 PM   #758
Tommy L Garage
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3 6MT CP EP VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ActiveAutowerke View Post
We've been receiving a lot of inquiries about the system that we're working on, so here's some info on where we're at so far.

The AA system will be replacement midpipe, compatible with any set of downpipes and any rear exhaust that our original mid pipe was compatible with. Both videos that we have released so far are one of the designs posted below. We've built nearly a dozen different designs since December and have tried x-pipes, h-pipes, secondary cats, resonators, etc and are now confident that we've found the best combination for cars with stock downpipes, and are currently working to fine tune the sound for cars with aftermarket downpipes. Due to issues we've had in the past with multiple products we also have design and utility patents pending on this product.

Dyno testing has been done on an otherwise stock car and we have confirmed a power increase at higher rpm. The sound has a higher pitch than our single mid pipe and more of a pitch change with RPM.

With the way things are in the world at the moment we don't have an ETA for production, but we're working to have them available asap. Pricing is TBD but we're aiming to remain competitive. Once details are finalized we will post an official release thread.
Mmmmm if you guys ever need a video install and review let me know. This is such a promising piece. I currently have four midpipe and love it on my ZCp. Can it get any better? Hhmmm so tempting
Appreciate 1
Danlnyc88440.50
      03-28-2020, 06:59 AM   #759
GA///BIT
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' Azurite Black Comp M4

Can't wait to hear this thing matted with all the different setups. This is the missing piece that will hopefully make the F8x sound somewhat decent lol.

Thanks OPs and innovators for pushing the discussion and now fabrication to the forefront. Awesome stuff from the community!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 01:01 PM   #760
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA///BIT View Post
Can't wait to hear this thing matted with all the different setups. This is the missing piece that will hopefully make the F8x sound somewhat decent lol.

Thanks OPs and innovators for pushing the discussion and now fabrication to the forefront. Awesome stuff from the community!
Somewhat decent? Pssshhhh... this thing mated to downpipes in their Instagram teaser video sounds AMAZING...
Appreciate 2
      03-31-2020, 08:36 AM   #761
Euromotive Performance
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 / 650I Grand Coupe

Awesome to see all the discussion regarding this topic, super excited about it ourselves, we're starting fabrication on our own Equal length midpipe right now! can't wait to get our first prototypes out for Bimmerpost to hear, we plan to make them with our own rear section and stock rear sections.

We'll try and get our sound clips up as soon as possible with a variety of different combo's such as our own catless downpipes and some other reputable rear sections. Stay safe everyone

- Euromotive Performance

Do It right, Not twice

http://shopeuromotive.com/
Appreciate 4
dpgfunk332.50
TimmyM56241.50
DanMpower3234.00
      03-31-2020, 02:51 PM   #762
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

YES!! With more competition hopefully, we can get these mid-pipes ready for production sooner! I can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 02:54 PM   #763
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

I’m in, AA
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 03:32 PM   #764
k9lovr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 and 22' X3M40i

Looking forward to seeing what you guys bring to market!! More options are never a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euromotive Performance View Post
Awesome to see all the discussion regarding this topic, super excited about it ourselves, we're starting fabrication on our own Equal length midpipe right now! can't wait to get our first prototypes out for Bimmerpost to hear, we plan to make them with our own rear section and stock rear sections.

We'll try and get our sound clips up as soon as possible with a variety of different combo's such as our own catless downpipes and some other reputable rear sections. Stay safe everyone

- Euromotive Performance
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2020, 09:54 PM   #765
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L Garage View Post
Mmmmm if you guys ever need a video install and review let me know. This is such a promising piece. I currently have four midpipe and love it on my ZCp. Can it get any better? Hhmmm so tempting
Just buy it to support the brand and their R and D process
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2020, 09:55 PM   #766
Tommy L Garage
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3 6MT CP EP VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBMWfan View Post
Quote:
True
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2020, 09:59 PM   #767
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBMWfan View Post
Quote:
True
Like I paid full for a single turbo kit and still gonna post and YouTube and stuff to support the person who spent over a year making it with Doc Race/ Elmer Racing. Just try to be one of the first to get it
Appreciate 2
      04-01-2020, 02:32 AM   #768
jrp73
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euromotive Performance View Post

- [COLOR="Red"]Euromotive Performance [/COLOR]
Great to see other vendors getting involved especially with a mid pipe solution.

I'm surprised we haven't seen anything else on the market since TG's cat back... I'd imagine whoever gets a mid pipe released first will be inundated with orders
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 06:57 AM   #769
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Hey everyone, been a while

Been working on some things offline, and I know I said I wouldn't be back (HAH!), but just wanted to take this opportunity to catch up with everyone and post some updates.

Regarding TGM system: My car is back at TGM again, and I'm getting it back this week with the TGM system installed (finally ). Production is ~95% done, and according to what I know as of today, units are shipping soon after I get my car back. I'll be blasting videos out this weekend, as long as the weather permits. Filming/driving in rain is no fun, so I'm hoping for dry streets to best represent the tone. Planning on recording everything, from standing revs, fly-bys, and rear bumper mount, with valve closed and open. Will do my best to get everything out there this weekend. I will probably start a new thread dedicated to just the TGM system, just to organize everything into one post/thread.

Regarding everyone else: Great to see increased market interest in equal length systems. Looks like we were on to something Some quick first impressions from what I've heard so far:

- Valvetronic: From what I've seen, it doesn't look like they have a completed system yet, so I'm reserving judgment until I see a complete system with exhaust tips. Kind of odd how much promotion they did in the beginning and it all kind of went silent and moved to the M2. Just my observation. Looking forward to updates from them.

- Milltek: Oh boy...This approach was discussed in one of the pages of the OG thread. I understand why they took the modular approach to their design, but to me it compromised the execution too much. No disrespect intended to anyone or to Milltek, it's just my opinion

- AA: Nice job guys. You did what we thought was impossible, and although it looks absolutely hilarious, it gets the job done, and opens up so many possibilities with existing rear sections. I'd expect you to be the company to do this, and just as I've given credit with your original mid, I tip my hat off to you again. The sound isn't what I personally am looking for, but it's still an awesome alternative for those who are, and it's an awesome thing that we're starting to get real tonal variances from different executions now.

Regarding the future: After the TGM system project is over, I have one more idea up my sleeve. If my end result happens to turn out how I'm guessing it will, then I'm going to have something for you all that will push the tonal boundaries even further, unlike anything you've heard so far. It's going to be 2-4 weeks out, but I'll keep you in the loop if it is a success or failure when it happens.

Good to be back

Last edited by ntg44; 04-01-2020 at 07:23 AM..
Appreciate 10
      04-01-2020, 07:48 AM   #770
Euromotive Performance
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 / 650I Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespheely View Post
Great to see other vendors getting involved especially with a mid pipe solution.

I'm surprised we haven't seen anything else on the market since TG's cat back... I'd imagine whoever gets a mid pipe released first will be inundated with orders
Our goal is to get the midpipe released as soon as possible. right now with the current world situation everything has been slowed down considerably and we've been experiencing delays with some of our products and materials. but luckily we have lots of other cool stuff on our site in the mean while

Euromotive Performance

Do It right, Not twice

http://shopeuromotive.com/
Appreciate 0