GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-12-2020, 02:49 PM   #111
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
It could be that you have a stiffer bushing now and it's transferring more nvh into the cabin
What this mean ? I replaced them
Using same one stock ones. Anyone else experience that clunk noises from
The dct ?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 01:46 PM   #112
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiasz17azs View Post
What this mean ? I replaced them
Using same one stock ones. Anyone else experience that clunk noises from
The dct ?
the newer oem bushings are more solid than the older ones. Yes the dct and drivetrain can make clunks. How loud is the question.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 10:37 AM   #113
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
the newer oem bushings are more solid than the older ones. Yes the dct and drivetrain can make clunks. How loud is the question.
I’m having clunk all the time during the stop of traffic lights. They did diagnose and they said dct need to be replaced and they say dct have massive play under load
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 12:55 PM   #114
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I’m having clunk all the time during the stop of traffic lights. They did diagnose and they said dct need to be replaced and they say dct have massive play under load
Damn i hope they cover that. I can't imagine the DCT is cheap.
Appreciate 1
mfurse182.00
      03-21-2020, 02:55 PM   #115
rborane
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I have been running the BM3 GTS dct flash for a while, and notice a lot of times when downshifting it is very laggy and will have a delay before it downshifts and rev matches, and inconsistent overall. In manual mode I always use mode S2. Going to try the CS DCT map and see how that is.... anyone else? Will BM3 be updating the GTS map to the latest version.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 05:20 PM   #116
tanzm4_
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 ZCP - Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rborane View Post
I have been running the BM3 GTS dct flash for a while, and notice a lot of times when downshifting it is very laggy and will have a delay before it downshifts and rev matches, and inconsistent overall. In manual mode I always use mode S2. Going to try the CS DCT map and see how that is.... anyone else? Will BM3 be updating the GTS map to the latest version.
I experience the same ^^
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 05:22 PM   #117
rborane
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Annnnd, just flashed the CS dct flash, and got a transmission error malfunction message right as I was driving away from my garage. Uploaded the GTS map, and no more error, but still the same Lag and inconsistent behavior.... strange
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 08:27 PM   #118
tanzm4_
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Annnnd, just flashed the CS dct flash, and got a transmission error malfunction message right as I was driving away from my garage. Uploaded the GTS map, and no more error, but still the same Lag and inconsistent behavior.... strange
CS DCT is only for MY 2017/2018+

I reached out to PTF and they said no more updates as these are just OEM TCUs
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 08:31 PM   #119
rborane
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth4 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Got it. I may go back to the OEM DCT or May try Thor and see how it is. I'm only running the Stage 1 map so not too worried about anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 03:48 PM   #120
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The thing is I don’t have warranty , according report from
Bmw the 1 owner replace that dct when car had 13 k miles now I have to replace again from
My pocket. The thing is I don’t have 15k so I will be looking something used.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 03:27 PM   #121
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The thing is I don’t have warranty , according report from
Bmw the 1 owner replace that dct when car had 13 k miles now I have to replace again from
My pocket. The thing is I don’t have 15k so I will be looking something used.
see if you can get yours rebuilt.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 04:59 AM   #122
mfurse
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 2016 LCI

Quote:
Quote:
The thing is I don't have warranty , according report from
My pocket. The thing is I don't have 15k so I will be looking something used.
The replacement box would have warranty.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 07:25 AM   #123
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurse View Post
What this mean ? Dct was replaced when The car had 13 k miles in 2016 .
Now I have 69k And what do you think The bmw will be able to cover that by warranty ? . Its funny how weak is this transmission.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 03:18 AM   #124
mfurse
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 2016 LCI

Quote:
Quote:
What this mean ? Dct was replaced when The car had 13 k miles in 2016 .
Now I have 69k And what do you think The bmw will be able to cover that by warranty ? . Its funny how weak is this transmission.
I'm suggesting that if they swapped a box 4 years ago the warranty "clock" on that component would start from then. If the same fault has happened again it's unlikely any countries consumer affairs dept would accept that an expensive automatic gearbox would have an expected life of 50K miles / 4 years. The box is obviously defective and BMW should investigate your case and assist you with a replacement. BMW don't rebuild these they swap them out and return the faulty box (which is $$$$).
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2020, 08:55 AM   #125
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'm suggesting that if they swapped a box 4 years ago the warranty "clock" on that component would start from then. If the same fault has happened again it's unlikely any countries consumer affairs dept would accept that an expensive automatic gearbox would have an expected life of 50K miles / 4 years. The box is obviously defective and BMW should investigate your case and assist you with a replacement. BMW don't rebuild these they swap them out and return the faulty box (which is $$$$).

I called to bmw North America And I opened The case about that dct,

I dont know if there is a chance they can cover that transmission . Car has 68 k miles And like i said that dct was replaced by bmw when car had 13 k miles . According The reports from
Bmw The 1 Owner had same issue as I have now . What do you think the Bmw can cover that repair for me ?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 09:50 AM   #126
dcpatters
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4

Quote:

I have a MY17 F82 but with the CS DCT flash, I got a number of errors after reflashing.

Not sure BM3 actually cleared the errors just after flashing or not. Nevertheless, I cleared them and verified none were showing. I did go back to the GTS DCT version though.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 04:05 PM   #127
FastM3CT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
Quote:

I have a MY17 F82 but with the CS DCT flash, I got a number of errors after reflashing.

Not sure BM3 actually cleared the errors just after flashing or not. Nevertheless, I cleared them and verified none were showing. I did go back to the GTS DCT version though.
Quote:
Quote:

I had the same experience with the CS DCT flash on a 17 ZCP. Right after flashed the GTS DCT and now have no errors what so ever.

I have not experienced any of the issues with GTS mapping so far but will update if I do.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 04:49 PM   #128
dcpatters
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastM3CT View Post
I had the same experience with the CS DCT flash on a 17 ZCP. Right after flashed the GTS DCT and now have no errors what so ever.

I have not experienced any of the issues with GTS mapping so far but will update if I do.
Attached are the errors I got following Flash of CS DCT Beta. I read the DME following the flash and clear of DCT.

Name:  cs_dct_errors.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  67.8 KB

Once the errors were displayed, I cleared and read the DME. All was good. Waited ~:05 and then started car, as soon as I backed out of the drive-way, ODB-II errors were reported. Read and listed below.

Name:  cs_dct_error.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  43.5 KB

Cleared and reflashed GTS DCT.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 05:38 PM   #129
parabmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4

Is this gts dct flash worth it?
How many people are reporting laggy downshifts?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 07:49 PM   #130
tanzm4_
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I misspoke then, the CS flash mentions it's only for late models so I though that included 2017 as well. Let's assume it's only for 2018+ or the same MY as the CS
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 09:31 PM   #131
dcpatters
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I misspoke then, the CS flash mentions it's only for late models so I though that included 2017 as well. Let's assume it's only for 2018+ or the same MY as the CS
That makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 11:09 AM   #132
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

I went to second dealership they said clunk noise on my dct its somethhing normal ! Then I take my car to Bmw service and they said some clunk noises are normal but
Definitely not mine . It’s to much excessive and they said it is internal transmission problem , something inside is not right. Then I called
To Bmw North America with my complaining about that and I’m not sure if they can help me on my case . In not a mechanic but for me that clunk noise it is not normal . Thinking about that software but I don’t think like that software could fix mechanical issue .
Appreciate 0