R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-10-2018, 07:09 PM   #1
J-rock
///M performance
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80, 2008 E92 M3

US F80 to Germany

Has anyone brought their Us Spec F80/82 to Germany? I'll be there soon, for five years.

What are the main differences(performance) on the euro spec F80's in Germany?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 03:57 PM   #2
Donger Kim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-rock View Post
Has anyone brought their Us Spec F80/82 to Germany? I'll be there soon, for five years.

Thank you
If you do a search, you’ll find everything i’m forgetting. Since i’m bored i’ll try to give it a shot.

Outside of coding (mdm/anti-dazzle etc) ~

Front bumper doesn’t have amber reflectors
Rear tail lights have red blinkers
rear fog light (at least the button)
emissions parts

Specific to you, you will have to convert the gauge cluster and possible a couple of minors things but he transition should be much easier than the previous generations. The tail lights might be a little expensive but i bet you could sell those in Germany for a reasonable bit. believe it or not, a lot of germans really like the ugly US spec bits lol. From what my German friends tell me, TUV is a pita...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #3
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:

Thank you
Yes people have with the military or on diplomatic posting. Is that why you are going? If not there may be some extra hoops to jump through to import the F80.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 06:55 PM   #4
Strmtrpr_F80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F80

There is a ton of member that have purchased US cars in Germany. Here in Germany they have dedicated US spec car dealers just for Military and US members in Germany. If you want to buy a car new or used M car in Germany let me know I will give you my contact near Ramstein AB. To get you a good deal. Then you can join MFlight Europe for the great community of M cars in Europe. Hit me up if you have more questions.
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2018, 06:46 AM   #5
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadiaF80MW View Post
There is a ton of member that have purchased US cars in Germany. Here in Germany they have dedicated US spec car dealers just for Military and US members in Germany. If you want to buy a car new or used M car in Germany let me know I will give you my contact near Ramstein AB. To get you a good deal. Then you can join MFlight Europe for the great community of M cars in Europe. Hit me up if you have more questions.
I don't think that's what he is after...
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 07:11 AM   #6
J-rock
///M performance
Germany
Rep

Quote:

I'll be working in Baumholder. But I might live in Landstuhl, I havent figured out the housing part yet. Are there any reputable tuners/ shops you know of in the area?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 01:13 PM   #7
Strmtrpr_F80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by drF80 View Post
I don't think that's what he is after...
you Sir are correct completely miss read that.

J-Rock My go to for any information is through the MFLIGHT group in Europe. Here is the info

https://www.mflight.org/join-mflight/

go register and you will be introduce to all the facebook pages here you can post any question you have. everyone is quick to help also they have a Ktown message group for the guys near Ktown. again its very helpful. plus being part of the group you will have access to sponsor discounts and see upcoming events which are almost every month.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #8
Zero_Cool
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 Imola 6spd

Quote:
I'll be working in Baumholder. But I might live in Landstuhl, I havent figured out the housing part yet. Are there any reputable tuners/ shops you know of in the area?
I work in Baumholder and live in the Kusel area. Not as far as Landstul, but a short drive to Ramstein AFB. PM if you have any questions etc. Also, join M-Flight. Great community for us M owners.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #9
J-rock
///M performance
Germany
Rep

Quote:
you Sir are correct completely miss read that.

J-Rock My go to for any information is through the MFLIGHT group in Europe. Here is the info

https://www.mflight.org/join-mflight/

go register and you will be introduce to all the facebook pages here you can post any question you have. everyone is quick to help also they have a Ktown message group for the guys near Ktown. again its very helpful. plus being part of the group you will have access to sponsor discounts and see upcoming events which are almost every month.
Sounds good. I cant wait. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 09:01 AM   #10
J-rock
///M performance
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Cool View Post
I work in Baumholder and live in the Kusel area. Not as far as Landstul, but a short drive to Ramstein AFB. PM if you have any questions etc. Also, join M-Flight. Great community for us M owners.
I appreciate it. I'll be there soon.
Appreciate 0