European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-05-2018, 07:56 PM   #67
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKERS333 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarium View Post
Sucks if that's true. After my current M4, my next one will be either buying the new 2021 M4 or a 911 GTS so I don't have to deal with leases anymore. What was your residual for your M4? Mine's $43k for 2016 that I bought out 2 weeks ago. Ended up getting a 3 year extended warranty for $7.3k from Easy Care, which goes through the BMW dealership for repairs.

Its an M3 with residual at 45k. Going to buy it out today most likely as getting a new one most MSRP's are about 81k with the "right" spec (competition, executive..etc.) leases are over 1k with their crappy money factors. Im sure you can get it under 1k but nothing close to what I was paying at $800.
I will prob be in your same position. I have a 16 that's up 6/19. 63% and .132 @ $883, those days are gone. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 08:31 AM   #68
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMV///M3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Sucks if that's true. After my current M4, my next one will be either buying the new 2021 M4 or a 911 GTS so I don't have to deal with leases anymore. What was your residual for your M4? Mine's $43k for 2016 that I bought out 2 weeks ago. Ended up getting a 3 year extended warranty for $7.3k from Easy Care, which goes through the BMW dealership for repairs.

Its an M3 with residual at 45k. Going to buy it out today most likely as getting a new one most MSRP's are about 81k with the "right" spec (competition, executive..etc.) leases are over 1k with their crappy money factors. Im sure you can get it under 1k but nothing close to what I was paying at $800.
I will prob be in your same position. I have a 16 that's up 6/19. 63% and .132 @ $883, those days are gone. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
I'm in the same boat as you guys with my '16. Lease is up this July.

Wanted to do another ED on a 19/20 M4 but the rates suck and BMW took all but CCA discounts away from ED. Dumb move

Might buy out the '16 at 45K and see what happens with the G82.

Need another car for the wife this summer as her 340 lease is up also. Traditionally we would have just gotten another BMW. That isn't the case any longer and we will be shopping around.

BMW Rates suck
Brakes aren't covered
ED program has been shredded.
Plebeian BMWs suck
Other manufacturers have stepped up their game

My Bavarian Loyalty is waning big time
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 09:15 AM   #69
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wanted to do another ED on a 19/20 M4 but the rates suck and BMW took all but CCA discounts away from ED. Dumb move

Need another car for the wife this summer as her 340 lease is up also. Traditionally we would have just gotten another BMW. That isn't the case any longer and we will be shopping around.

BMW Rates suck
Brakes aren't covered
Plebeian BMWs suck

Couldn't agree more. I have thought about the new M340i but with the rates I'd prob be looking at close to what I'm paying for my M3. I won't do that out of principle. I also thought about taking over a lease of an 18 M3, but again with the rates I don't think I'd be able to find one in the same ball park.

I am thinking it will be an S4 or S5 Sportback. Yes it's not an M3 but it's still a very capable car and the tech/sound system is far better than my M3. My buddy has an A4, I drove it home from the beach once and could easily hear the difference. He also is one of my best friends and works at a dealer so I have some financial incentive as well.

Call me spoiled but these rates and not what I'm willing to pay for a BMW. BMW makes a great car but Residuals in the 50's and high MF's aren't worth it.

Also, I had wanted to get the wife an X3 40i but that is probably off the table as well.
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2018, 09:50 AM   #70
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

BMW Rates suck
Brakes aren't covered
Plebeian BMWs suck

Couldn't agree more. I have thought about the new M340i but with the rates I'd prob be looking at close to what I'm paying for my M3. I won't do that out of principle. I also thought about taking over a lease of an 18 M3, but again with the rates I don't think I'd be able to find one in the same ball park.

I am thinking it will be an S4 or S5 Sportback. Yes it's not an M3 but it's still a very capable car and the tech/sound system is far better than my M3. My buddy has an A4, I drove it home from the beach once and could easily hear the difference. He also is one of my best friends and works at a dealer so I have some financial incentive as well.

Call me spoiled but these rates and not what I'm willing to pay for a BMW. BMW makes a great car but Residuals in the 50's and high MF's aren't worth it.

Also, I had wanted to get the wife an X3 40i but that is probably off the table as well.
You will be disappointed going into the M340. It will be fast but it's no ///M car. I wouldn't pay 700-800 a month for a regular 3 series. Fuck that Noise.

I've contemplated building a stripper M4 with just ZCP and DCT. Even a stripper will be more fun to drive then most other cars on the road.

Audi sportback is a cool ride but is no ///M car. I would probably regret that decision soon after delivery.
Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      10-11-2018, 08:29 PM   #71
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
You can get a payoff at anytime and payoff the car. I have paid off leases early. They overnight the title for $15. The payoff changes every month reflecting payments.

My lease is up mid-October.

It was extended and will be a 42 month lease. It is a 2015 car so maybe my discount is higher?

I also had the old 7% European Delivery discount. My Cost was less than 60k.
Do you mind sharing how the lease extension works? How do they calculate the monthly cost for the next 6 months? Does it reduce your buyout/residual amount at all? Do you know what money factor they use for the 6m extension? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #72
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post
Do you mind sharing how the lease extension works? How do they calculate the monthly cost for the next 6 months? Does it reduce your buyout/residual amount at all? Do you know what money factor they use for the 6m extension? Thanks!
You call up BMWFS and ask for it. They'll give you an extra 2 months no questions asked, but I've read you need another BMW on order (think production number) to be able to extend to the full 6.

Payments stay exactly the same. If your monthly was $800 then you just keep paying $800. Each payment will also reduce your buyout as well. Also whatever your monthly mileage was you get extra per month as well. A 12k a year lease will get an extra 1k miles a month.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 12:13 PM   #73
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedown31 View Post
You call up BMWFS and ask for it. They'll give you an extra 2 months no questions asked, but I've read you need another BMW on order (think production number) to be able to extend to the full 6.

Payments stay exactly the same. If your monthly was $800 then you just keep paying $800. Each payment will also reduce your buyout as well. Also whatever your monthly mileage was you get extra per month as well. A 12k a year lease will get an extra 1k miles a month.
Thanks for the info. I don't necessarily need the extra mileage since I'm way under to begin with. Do you know how much the residual is reduced by if you release? I assume there is some interest component in there as well.

Thanks
Appreciate 0